• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, blazingbob said:

All 3 are slow and having just seeing the clerk at UPS that took my box marked fragile and toss it he is lucky I packed securely. 

I am not sure if people don't realize that the shipping companies are almost just as burnt out as emergency responders.  It has been christmas since March with all carriers experiencing more online ordering.   

Fed Ex again... signed for my dad's medication on their own and left it at the wrong house (at a neighbor's this time)... and things like this were going on before the pandemic.  

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Fed Ex again... signed for my dad's medication on their own and left it at the wrong house (at a neighbor's this time)... and things like this were going on before the pandemic.  

Of the 3 FEDEX has always been the worst.  With UPS at least I know the drivers.  FEDEX is one company where frankly I have NEVER known my driver.  They have no interest in developing one but hey they save me tipping them at the holidays.  This is the season where tipping is pretty common.  Why you decide to provide the worst service at this time makes NO sense to me.

In all the years I have been doing this I have never had a book damaged...except for this week. Other than that I have been happy with all the carriers. I take care of them at different times of the year to keep them happy as well. I did have a package sent USPS Priority mail take 5 days to get from Orlando FL to Port St. Lucie. Usually it is less than 48 hours,

I believe all delivery services are different depending on your area. I bought a few books off the board and got them 2 days later with usps first class. This was last week. I have never had success with FedEx. Others here swear by them but I swear at them lol. I don't know anyone that uses UPS. Definitely insure all that is worthy to be insured. 

Fedex here refuses to wear masks, drops off expensive packages with no signature...but the worst...

I think they lost my shoes, just keeps showing a delay, but the last place shown was NYC last week, and you could have walked here in a week.

Some of my packages have taken a little bit longer but I think it’s worth noting that I sent a book to Hawaii the end of last month (shipped out on the 27th)... the buyer told me it would take close to a month to get it, the post office said 15 days... it was delivered on December 1st.

I've been pretty lucky I guess. Other than anything media mail, I've been getting and sending out stuff that arrives fairly quickly. There was a period during " time" that it slowed down a bit but since then, pretty regular.

I almost always use USPS. UPS has burned me several times and Fed-Ex, I haven't used.

Was talking to my mailman a few days ago. He told me there were a lot of sick calls the past few months. He has had his route extended a bit but no overtime. There are at least one day a week where I receive no mail at all. The next day, I get a large bunch. I have had mail delivered much after 7:00 and came out in the morning to see a package on my door step.

Hopefully, our current Postmaster will find a new line of work and some one else will come in and clean up the mess.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, JollyComics said:

I am a part-time UPS employee and normally work about 25 hours a week but this week I already worked 56 hours in 6 days included three double shifts. Yes, I am so exhausted but I have two more weeks to go before December 23.

This is my third season working for UPS as a driver helper. UPS drivers have a hard job most def. My job is part-time but last week it was full-time including a 10hr Saturday shift with no breaks. Starting today I'm working 6 days a week. 

Wow. Glad it's not just me.

Sent out a book first class to NY on November 30th from Columbus, OH. It was processed through the USPS Facility in Cincinnati, OH on...December 5th at 8:41 p.m. Original estimated delivery date was December 4th. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

This is my third season working for UPS as a driver helper. UPS drivers have a hard job most def. My job is part-time but last week it was full-time including a 10hr Saturday shift with no breaks. Starting today I'm working 6 days a week. 

Thanks to you and @JollyComics. It's gotta be a mammoth job especially this year. Folks not being able to get out really count on you guys. You are all truly "essential" workers and your hard work does not go un-appreciated. Stay safe guys and Happy Holidays!

47 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks to you and @JollyComics. It's gotta be a mammoth job especially this year. Folks not being able to get out really count on you guys. You are all truly "essential" workers and your hard work does not go un-appreciated. Stay safe guys and Happy Holidays!

Regarding with shipping delays ... take it from me as an employee of postal service, we do get a LOT of parcels flooding through the processing stations. With the covid situation, more people are ordering stuff online more than ever. Canada in news had reported over 70% had used online shopping with orders!

Even I am going into some overtime to move forward the parcels out for delivery. :foryou:

On 12/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, nochips said:

I am laying low in the buying and selling area this month. It's a mess at the USPS right now. Insure everything!

Make sure to take lots of pictures and have proof of sale/purchase to backup the insurance.  Also use the proper packing and boxes otherwise they will just deny the claim.

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Make sure to take lots of pictures and have proof of sale/purchase to backup the insurance.  Also use the proper packing and boxes otherwise they will just deny the claim.

Great advice! Thanks

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I just learned that Amazon will give $300 bonus to full time employees and $150 bonus to part-time employees for working from December 1st to 31st. Amazon made a smart move by giving them bonus pays to avoid possible strikes internationally. 

My wife is working for Amazon for part-time. She still dodges COVID-19 spreading on those days when she is not working - they got them. Amazon announces someone who got it every time via email. Ironically, Amazon safety team use thermometers  to check them before entering work but UPS is NOT!  Damned Union.  Not even UPS tells us if anyone got COVID-19.  It's their hush-hush policy.

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Regarding with shipping delays ... take it from me as an employee of postal service, we do get a LOT of parcels flooding through the processing stations. With the covid situation, more people are ordering stuff online more than ever. Canada in news had reported over 70% had used online shopping with orders!

Even I am going into some overtime to move forward the parcels out for delivery. :foryou:

That's explained why you missed some cool comic books from Catrick!   You are a super guy!