• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2020 at 5:54 PM, blazingbob said:

clerk at UPS that took my box marked fragile and toss it 

They actually did a study and found out that at UPS and other  carriers that if a box was marked FRAGILE it was more likely to get tossed around like it wasnt labeled. They added accelerometers to these boxes and gps to find out this information. I think USPS is better than ups and fed ex for a variety of reasons, price being the biggest. They have their ups and downs but its usually because of environmental factors or politics from congress. Mail carries in other countries are  putrid  compared to USPS

On 2/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, batman_fan said:

I am saying for the stuff I get through the mail I have not seen and difference in delivery over the last several years.  Amazon does seem to take 1 to 2 days longer than they use to back when you could get next day delivery.  Seems to now be 2-3 day delivery.

For me Amazon is the fastest . Using prime my packages usually only take 2-4 days tops, usually 48 hours  less sometimes. If something on ebay or newegg is the same price on amazon ill definitely buy the amazon one first because of shipping times and return anything free policy

On 2/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, Corners said:

Mail carries in other countries are  putrid  compared to USPS

Please provide some facts to back this up.

I have had two recent dealings with USPS. In the first, they took 6 weeks to deliver a book from LA, it arrived just before the seller lodged an insurance claim.

Here is my most recent experience with USPS, sending a parcel from San Francisco to Sarasota:

February 17, 2021, 7:18 pm Departed SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 20 2021 In Transit to Next Facility
February 21, 2021, 12:07 pm Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 21, 2021, 7:00 pm Departed YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 21, 2021, 8:12 pm Arrived at USPS SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 22, 2021, 1:57 am Departed USPS SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 22, 2021, 10:16 am Arrived at USPS Facility SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 1:29 am Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 23, 2021, 4:24 am Departed USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 23, 2021, 5:17 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34230
February 23, 2021, 5:29 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34238
February 23, 2021, 5:51 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 8:09 am Departed USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 10:58 pm Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 24, 2021, 4:28 am Departed USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 24, 2021, 5:50 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231

They have had it at the destination city now FOUR times (at least - they logged it more than that) but they keep driving it in a 100+ mile loop around FL. 

So what will those "world's best postal workers"  in Sarasota do next?

February 24, 2021, 8:13 am Arrived at Post Office SARASOTA, FL 34231

Well that’s a good sign! It has never got as far as the Post Office there before...

But wait:

February 24, 2021, 9:42 am Departed USPS Facility SARASOTA, FL 34231

What? How did it get back there??? Please: Just don’t send it to Ybor again!!!

February 25, 2021, 1:47 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Where is the wallbash icon?

7 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I have a package "in transit" for the last 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20210227-020619.png

Are you in Texas? I too have several packages running late...

Here is the longest

I started a case, but nothing has come of it yet

Screenshot_20210227-092443.png

I've got six USPS and FedEx packages shipped 6+ days ago bouncing around within their network like it's a game of pinball.  Both shippers are sucking about equally right now, which makes me think they now share shipping networks.

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've got six USPS and FedEx packages shipped 6+ days ago bouncing around within their network like it's a game of pinball.  Both shippers are sucking about equally right now, which makes me think they now share shipping networks.

dang

I messaged my seller that it has been a week or longer

he has 3 feedback, and never responded

yet

since the weather in Texas and the USPS offices closed, it took 3 days to get it shipped, (good thing that I have 3 day handling time on my listings) yet now the buyer since then has 7 all positive feedback but still has never messaged me eek :eek: I feel bad for them but not too experienced on how to handle, I mean it is shipped, all I can say :sorry: besides open a case, I called about it but since it has been scanned it is too soon to open a case....

On the screenshot above that is one that I have bought and the seller has not reached out to me nor I him, though I did open a case since it has been long enough, and I'm just curious if it can be found :wishluck: 

Although they have been better, I’m still seeing ridiculous delays with USPS First Class packages, envelopes, and letters.

I have one eBay letter sent over a month ago that is still not delivered. This is to Virginia.

One First Class Package sent to Spain January 16th, still not delivered.

One First Class large envelope shipped to Philly Jan. 26th still not delivered.

One First Class package sent to
Chicago Feb 13th still not delivered.

Others deliver in days. Priority seems to be on time to a few days late recently.

Received a FedEx yesterday that was supposed to deliver tomorrow. For me, they have been better than ever during Covid.

Haven’t had many UPS deliveries, but they seem to be good. Nothing early, but nothing very late.

1 hour ago, electricprune said:

Although they have been better, I’m still seeing ridiculous delays with USPS First Class packages, envelopes, and letters.

I have one eBay letter sent over a month ago that is still not delivered. This is to Virginia.

One First Class Package sent to Spain January 16th, still not delivered.

One First Class large envelope shipped to Philly Jan. 26th still not delivered.

One First Class package sent to
Chicago Feb 13th still not delivered.

Others deliver in days. Priority seems to be on time to a few days late recently.

Received a FedEx yesterday that was supposed to deliver tomorrow. For me, they have been better than ever during Covid.

Haven’t had many UPS deliveries, but they seem to be good. Nothing early, but nothing very late.

mine was to Kentucky, maybe it's a regional thing idk

of course the one to me in Texas is still unaccounted for as well :( 

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

mine was to Kentucky, maybe it's a regional thing idk

of course the one to me in Texas is still unaccounted for as well :( 

Yes, the local post office and local distribution center will likely have the biggest effect. If they have been hammered by Covid, there could be a significant delay. Or, if a shipment has to pass through one that has been affected, it will likely delay it.

Just now, electricprune said:

Yes, the local post office and local distribution center will likely have the biggest effect. If they have been hammered by Covid, there could be a significant delay. Or, if a shipment has to pass through one that has been affected, it will likely delay it.

well my buyer hasn't been impatient (thank God) I went ahead and sent a couple of messages...... to them

Even sent him a photo of the receipt for the USPS shipping, idk just to let him know all I've done and that it's accounted for lol 

when he bought it he only had 3 positive feedback, since they've been waiting, they're up to 7 positive feedback lol that is a wait haha :taptaptap: 

So far for me a lot of the mail has returned to semi normal.  There still definitely are problem areas.  Texas has had delays up to about a week. Especially anything under priority.  I have had several issues with San Diego CA. There are several packages that have been there for over a week with the only movement repeated scans. (Accepted, sorted, departed, back to accepted) even when this wasn't the post office it was sent to or from,  just a repeat loop. Several northern states which I would assume is weather related. Even had one just recently make it's way to my local post office ( in Florida) only to be marked MISSENT. really hoping this one doesn't go all the way back to Anchorage AK.. but so far the worst hands down has been NY. Both for processing through or as one of the international hubs. I have had several packages get stuck there for weeks. The worst so far was one coming from Italy. It was sent on October of last year it sat in NY for well over 2 months. It was finally delivered a couple of days ago. Still waiting for a package that was sent from Germany about the same time. 

On 2/27/2021 at 3:32 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

I have had two recent dealings with USPS. In the first, they took 6 weeks to deliver a book from LA, it arrived just before the seller lodged an insurance claim.

Here is my most recent experience with USPS, sending a parcel from San Francisco to Sarasota:

They have had it at the destination city now FOUR times (at least - they logged it more than that) but they keep driving it in a 100+ mile loop around FL. 

Well that’s a good sign! It has never got as far as the Post Office there before...

But wait:

February 25, 2021, 1:47 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I'm in Sarasota lets meet at Red Barn and party

On 2/27/2021 at 3:32 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

But wait:

I get it. But Its been covid and the postal service has been going through a lot of political issues with congress. In other countries in asia you would be lucky to get your package after weeks and hope its contents were not stolen in the process. I've had packages go back and forth also and not make any sense, but ups fedex and usps all do that because humans work at all of them.

I'm not saying USPS is perfect, but for how little we pay,how millions of packages and letters  cross a continent  in a few days or less is pretty impressive imo

On 2/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you in Texas? I too have several packages running late...

Here is the longest

I started a case, but nothing has come of it yet

Screenshot_20210227-092443.png

Finally updated today....

On 2/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Azkaban said:

it's been hit or miss for me, I'll have some packages that will be delivered in two days some still out for weeks :ohnoez:

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Some First Class packages take 3 days while others are taking a month - its hit or miss.  A guy who's package went missing in December wanted to return the books since he had bought replacement copies already.  I of course agreed and he shipped them back on February 4th . . I got them on Monday (via First Class mail).  Those three books could have been graded by CGC in the time it took for the package to go to NV and back to OH.  That is just sad.