• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Actually it is a big difference because then they would have to edit the cut into episodes rather than one full length feature.   They would have to edit and structure the cut to have 'breaks' at certain time intervals.  

Hopefully it IS one long movie so when there is a natural break in the final cut I can get up and go to the bathroom, or make a call or run an errand if I have to. 

Oh for sure the editing would be different for the two delivery methods. I just meant “for me”. 

1 minute ago, bentbryan said:

Oh for sure the editing would be different for the two delivery methods. I just meant “for me”. 

ooooooooohhhhhh

On 1/20/2021 at 4:30 AM, Bosco685 said:

EsIJgSIXUAYUQoP.jpg.4d2fd22718c0ba43dc30d0f36bca0a7f.jpg

i know that darkseid predates thanos in the comics, but the after-the-fact appearance of darkseid now in dc's avengers-type movie will cause millions to think it's just a ripoff of the avengers infinity saga films. another all powerful intergalactic purple mean dude. i wish they had something more different up their sleeves. 

17 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i know that darkseid predates thanos in the comics, but the after-the-fact appearance of darkseid now in dc's avengers-type movie will cause millions to think it's just a ripoff of the avengers infinity saga films. another all powerful intergalactic purple mean dude. i wish they had something more different up their sleeves. 

Darkseid won't draw the empathy of the audience, though. He's simply pure evil with purely evil intentions. Superman's antithesis.

21 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Darkseid won't draw the empathy of the audience, though. He's simply pure evil with purely evil intentions. Superman's antithesis.

Exactly! Young Justice has some fantastic Darkseid scenes outlining how truly evil this character is.

It's inevitable there are going to be some Thanos comparisons for the audience unfamiliar with Darkseid, but he could be something entirely different if they get the character right. The whole tone of the film should hopefully work in his favour being as bad as he is.

Plus I know he's not likely to be involved in any battling with the league but I want to see if they can top the Doomsday battle. Perhaps the true finale with Steppenwolf will put them to the test.

14 hours ago, RickSp said:

It's inevitable there are going to be some Thanos comparisons for the audience unfamiliar with Darkseid, but he could be something entirely different if they get the character right. The whole tone of the film should hopefully work in his favour being as bad as he is.

Plus I know he's not likely to be involved in any battling with the league but I want to see if they can top the Doomsday battle. Perhaps the true finale with Steppenwolf will put them to the test.

As long as he isn't whining about, "the Earth is my right!" He didn't seem like a threat, at all, in Josstice League.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:42 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

Understanding that audiences have short memories and perhapos it is a niche market, but Darkseid has been pretty well fleshed out visually in a dozen or so (it seems) full length DC animated movies over the years, cartoon shows, etc. (I won't count smallville because they didn't show his real form, i think)

OK, my big problem with Justice League is that the big scarey bad was taken out by Superman in like 3 seconds. Kind of anti-climactic. I had other issues, like a lot of it seemed non-sensical, but thaty was a big one for me.