• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Grails said:

Wow, when they announced 2021, I always assumed it would be near the end of 2021 so this is a huge surprise.

IIRC, it was originally planned for November 2021. They may have anticipated pandemic hurdles (ex. re-shoots) that ended up not being obstacles to completing the project.

Obviously, it's just awesome.

1 hour ago, RickSp said:

Great news on the March release date, been looking forward to this since it was first announced!

Hoping to hear some news soon about where this gets picked up here in the UK, maybe an Amazon purchase or it goes straight to Sky Box Office (as I've heard WW84 may do after its xmas cinema run).

Welcome to the boards.

Gal Gadot knows this year was rough. She hopes ‘Wonder Woman 1984' will end it on a high

The theatrical version of “Justice League,” which was completed by director Joss Whedon after Snyder had to step back for personal reasons, opened a few months after “Wonder Woman” but was roundly dismissed by critics and audiences alike. The disappointment turned into something even more serious over the summer when Gadot’s “Justice League” co-star Ray Fisher spoke out about “gross, abusive, unprofessional and completely unacceptable” treatment by Whedon during production.

Although she declined to elaborate further, Gadot acknowledged she had her own “experience” with the director, which was resolved to her satisfaction. “I’m happy for Ray to go out and speak his truth,” says Gadot. “I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon — I had my own experience with [him], which wasn’t the best one, but I took care of it there and when it happened. I took it to the higher-ups and they took care of it. But I’m happy for Ray to go up and say his truth.”

Wow!

It's interesting to see what comes out every now and then but hopefully it truly is resolved for those involved and we get a cracking movie in March and some tease of other related projects in the future....

Even the idea of a comic based sequel would be great to see the story played out. The Knightmare timeline story for example would make a fantastic 6 issue series in a similar vein to recent DC events like 'Last knight on earth' or 'Death Metal.'

18 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

From Reddit:

"Well the toxic circle jerking gets old after... check notes

Three years."

image.png.df2a12da3b3a8fea8f09cfbde2b31187.png

Funny story: Every response to my comments about optimism/positivity were wiped by mods on the DC Comics Reddit. All of my comments are still there to be read. I think that shows how toxic the anti-ZSJL crowd is. I even got some PMs that I am "wrong", but nobody followed up after I asked, "How?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is going to be released during 4 separate weeks, such as each Friday in March? That's what I have read recently. It would be somewhat disappointing, because I thought there was going to be a 4-hour continuous movie version on the date of release.

14 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Funny story: Every response to my comments about optimism/positivity were wiped by mods on the DC Comics Reddit. All of my comments are still there to be read. I think that shows how toxic the anti-ZSJL crowd is. I even got some PMs that I am "wrong", but nobody followed up after I asked, "How?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is going to be released during 4 separate weeks, such as each Friday in March? That's what I have read recently. It would be somewhat disappointing, because I thought there was going to be a 4-hour continuous movie version on the date of release.

Well maybe you should change the handle to Angel of Death and they will all run to hug you closely.

:baiting:

I saw an industry analyst post a leaked schedule recently and he noted Episode 2 would play on March 25th (Thursday). Let me see if I can dig that up.

15 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I hope this isn't considered friction or anything, but...

Now that the investigation is over do we have any more information about what exactly happened?  Or is Warner Brothers just sweeping the whole thing under the carpet?

I am sure AT&T/Warner will do all they can to sweep the whole thing under the carpet and hope that what really went on, or what the "discipline" to Whedon never comes out.  AT&T/Warner is taking enough heat right now because of the 2021 movies being released on HBO Max on day one.

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

I hope this isn't considered friction or anything, but...

Now that the investigation is over do we have any more information about what exactly happened?  Or is Warner Brothers just sweeping the whole thing under the carpet?

51 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I am sure AT&T/Warner will do all they can to sweep the whole thing under the carpet and hope that what really went on, or what the "discipline" to Whedon never comes out.  AT&T/Warner is taking enough heat right now because of the 2021 movies being released on HBO Max on day one.

The quote from WarnerMedia was the investigation was over, action was taken on some items, and final action was being taken on other items. But probably for HR/legal reasons they can't come out and trash someone publicly what it is they were fired for.

But it was good to read they did follow up with Ray Fischer to summarize for him his leadership in the matter was greatly appreciated and they were addressing all the findings.

So, the Josstice League was on TV yesterday...

Big oof. The VFX were so off during most of the thing. The music was just not inspirational. I'm pretty sure that I can tell every scene which Whedon directed.

Steppenwolf's lines and delivery are so cringe-y, too. I have to imagine that he's not this lame in Snyder's movie.

Sunday was like Christmas Day come early for the close-knit Snyder Cut community. A stable of steady Snyder Cut streamers who host daily and weekly DC talk shows banded together to pull off a day-long Deck the Hall of Justice celebration for all things Justice League. The streams set a goal of raising money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, a charity that is very close to the hearts of Zack and Debbie Snyder. And to help drum up awareness for the streams, Snyder himself spent the bulk of the day popping in and out of shows, interacting with hosts and fans and sharing all sorts of fun bits of information.

Toward the end of the evening, two of the most popular DC and Snyder Cut streamers, Dave Pena and Chris Wong Swenson, hosted the two-hour “The Snyder Claus” that featured Zack Snyder for the entirety. And over the course of their conversation, they covered plans that Snyder might have for more Justice League after his Snyder Cut airs on HBO Max (and, potentially, in theaters). And the director decided to share a piece of his plan, if it were to come to fruition:

"I don’t think anything is going to happen right away. But Jim (Lee) and I talk quite a bit. And we talked a lot about maybe doing a book or a comic book down the road just to kind of finish this. We haven’t locked anything in, but if it’s a thing that would be interesting to the fandom, they can always ask Jim about it."

And with that bomb, Jim Lee’s mentions likely are exploding. Jim Lee currently is the publisher and Chief Creative Officer for DC Comics. He’s the man that many look to in the DC community as potentially being the Kevin Feige for DC, the one who oversees creative avenues and steers creative ships in ways that few have between DC and Warner Bros. And just to hear that Snyder and Lee talk often has to excite many about the possibility of extending the SnyderVerse of stories once Justice League (the real Justice League) releases on HBO Max.

One of the areas that Zack Snyder went on to describe as he discussed the possibilities of exploring his world through comics was the post-apocalyptic world that exists after Darkseid has come to Earth and succeeded. This is a Knightmare sequence that many fans expect to see in Snyder’s cut of Justice League, and he talks on “The Snyder Claus” about a “ragtag team that’s left alive” who are trying to restore order. That team, according to rumors, is going to include Batman (Ben Affleck), Joker (Jared Leto), Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) and perhaps a few more surprises… if the rumors being shared around are true. And Snyder elaborated that one of the geeky ideas that he and Jim Lee were nerding on about would include a story WITHIN that story. He said:

"Inside of that story, we would also do the backstory of Joker killing Robin. That would be the thing that… because the Joker is somehow involved with the stealing of the Motherbox and using it to create the Treadmill. In my mind, it was always going to be that Cyborg was going to do the math and figure out, ‘This is what we’ve got to do to go back in time to warn Bruce correctly.’ But I always thought that a lot of the conflict that was happening there was Bruce reliving the events that (are) the death of Robin, and what went into that. I was like, ‘That’d be a fun comic book. Even just the death of Robin, reliving that world, just as like a nice, little one-off.’ "

Man, Zack, slow down with the bombs! He shares that Joker is responsible for the theft of the Motherbox that helps the team create the Cosmic Treadmill?! And that Batman reluctantly teams with Joker to pull this off, but in doing so, reflects back to the horrific way that Joker (Jared Leto) killed Robin? Dark! How much of this are we actually going to see when the Snyder Cut of Justice League finally drops?

If we are thinking practically, a comic book is the easiest way to extend the story that Zack Snyder thought he would be able to tell back in 2017. His theatrical cut of Justice League was meant to continue a story and set up sequels. Time has passed, and this might be the only live-action story Snyder gets to tell in this universe. Actor contracts, budgets, the suspicious state of the theatrical model… all of these factors play into how difficult it would be to mount more SnyderVerse content in live action. But graphic novels? That’s a no-brainer for DC. But Snyder quickly couches his expectations, saying:

"We’ll see. It could be cool, but who knows? Nothing exists right now. We’re just talking! That’s it."