• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

While I'm not terribly excited for it still (other than a cultural curiosity at this point), this shot above is exactly the type of 'connective tissue' the movie needed and I'm happy to see included - shows that it does focus on laying much more of a foundation that the audience can follow for future movies. (thumbsu

That Joker scene though...ugh (Really think it would have benefited from Joker calling him & emphasizing 'Bruce'. As since its a nightmare then I can think of nothing else that might shake Batman up in the present than that detail in the future. Almost like "oh , things really must have hit the fan if he's around and thinks we are on a first name basis!") :D

Hmmm. I don't know (almost like you want to force yourself to dislike it yet also have a deep desire to see what the final production looks like as you noted 'cultural curiosity' which most probably comes down to this uniqueness of the situation but I keep going on with these thoughts and think I need to get back to the main point but now this Knightmare sequence I'm wrapped up on just won't let me escape - helpppppppppp). :baiting:

Not everyone needs to enjoy this. But if that trailer didn't get you excited over the Snyder Cut, nothing will. And that's okay too. :foryou:

35 minutes ago, The Brain said:

I believe Zack's exit was a matter of a family crisis, rather than being fired.  

It goes back to when the Collider senior editor posted that nasty comment on social media a few weeks back implying WB fired him. Yet many say with the loss of his daughter Snyder came to the decision his family came first as opposed to all the in-fighting he was dealing with at WB along with keeping his family emotionally comforted.

Depending on what someone wants to believe, that's their truth. (shrug)

Do we actually know if this is going to be presented as one 4-hour movie on the first night, or broken up into parts as originally rumored? I think I keep hearing both things. I'm pretty much assuming we're just getting a full, long cut of the new film... but I don't think  I've 100% seen that confirmed anywhere.

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

Do we actually know if this is going to be presented as one 4-hour movie on the first night, or broken up into parts as originally rumored? I think I keep hearing both things. I'm pretty much assuming we're just getting a full, long cut of the new film... but I don't think  I've 100% seen that confirmed anywhere.

It's one 4 hour movie. The episodic split was shut down after it was reportedly too complicated to sort out the contractual payments for the actors etc.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere that there is meant to be a natural halfway intermission, probably to help serve the IMAX release that we hopefully get some day.

6 hours ago, fmaz said:

1 hour ago, RickSp said:

It's one 4 hour movie. The episodic split was shut down after it was reportedly too complicated to sort out the contractual payments for the actors etc.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere that there is meant to be a natural halfway intermission, probably to help serve the IMAX release that we hopefully get some day.

12 hours ago, The Brain said:

I believe Zack's exit was a matter of a family crisis, rather than being fired.  

It was kinda both. WB wanted to fire him. ZS wanted to take a temporary leave to grieve.

WB was money-hungry and eager to completely change Justice League. It came down to, "you suck", "no you suck - we should just agree to break up".

So, I went to Best Buy on Saturday. I fully intended to get a Bose sound bar (as recommended by @D84), but they down-sold me to buy a Sony. They said that the newer and cheaper Sony model is flat-out better. I was kinda surprised, but I'm happy to save $100 for a better product.

WB Pictures actually tried to sabotage the Snyder Cut trailer release by dropping a Godzilla vs Kong updated trailer at the same time.

All because Toby Emmerich is concerned how the Snyder Cut's success will undermine his 2017 decisions which AT&T and WarnerMedia overruled.

28 minutes ago, RickSp said:

Considering DC is such a hot property for WB to make money out of, it is mad to think that the reputations of those higher ups in the business seem to be influencing a sabotage attempt.

It's super sad. But reality is WB Chairman Toby Emmerich worked with the WB President to force Justice League changes so as to save their pre-acquisition bonuses. AT&T and WarnerMedia forced him to release the #SnyderCut which he is doing grudgingly knowing its success is a black eye to his original decision.

Unfortunate but true. :(

There was this woman on FB who was demanding that Snyder publicly support the JL actors for their experiences regarding Whedon's tenure as direction. I told her about a dozen times that Snyder didn't witness their experiences, and that it doesn't make sense to distract himself from promoting JL. She was throwing all sorts of shade that Zack is a "wuss" and just "towing the company line". I am so confused by how she came to those conclusions.

Did anyone else notice that Cyborg is in that Batman/Joker Knightmare scene?

21 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

There was this woman on FB who was demanding that Snyder publicly support the JL actors for their experiences regarding Whedon's tenure as direction. I told her about a dozen times that Snyder didn't witness their experiences, and that it doesn't make sense to distract himself from promoting JL. She was throwing all sorts of shade that Zack is a "wuss" and just "towing the company line". I am so confused by how she came to those conclusions.

Did anyone else notice that Cyborg is in that Batman/Joker Knightmare scene?

Saw that yesterday after the fifth viewing. :banana: