• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Just now, Angel of Death said:

About 75% of the 2017 Theatrical Cut is Joss'.

0% of footage shot by Whedon will be in ZSJL.

That is simply crazy. I only watched the theatrical cut one time. So we are getting an entirely new movie. I mean I knew there would be a lot of new (old) scenes but what you’re saying is that I will only see a quarter of the first cut.

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

That is simply crazy. I only watched the theatrical cut one time. So we are getting an entirely new movie. I mean I knew there would be a lot of new (old) scenes but what you’re saying is that I will only see a quarter of the first cut.

Yup. It may seem like Whedon used more Snyder footage, because he re-shot scenes that will still technically exist in context within ZSJL. So, I am guessing that it will feel like an hour of the same movie. Then again, the outcome of scenes may make it seem like even less than 30 minutes of Zack's stuff was used in 2017.

Either way, you're getting about 3 hours of new s^&*.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Yup. It may seem like Whedon used more Snyder footage, because he re-shot scenes that will still technically exist in context within ZSJL. So, I am guessing that it will feel like an hour of the same movie. Then again, the outcome of scenes may make it seem like even less than 30 minutes of Zack's stuff was used in 2017.

We were so robbed.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

3 hours of new footage minus all the clips they keep posting. I’m staying away from it but who is running this marketing campaign? It’s awful. Stop giving away everything. Do we really need to see joker or death stroke? It’s not going to attract any new viewers. Let us have some surprises, it will make the initial viewing so much better. 

6 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

3 hours of new footage minus all the clips they keep posting. I’m staying away from it but who is running this marketing campaign? It’s awful. Stop giving away everything. Do we really need to see joker or death stroke? It’s not going to attract any new viewers. Let us have some surprises, it will make the initial viewing so much better. 

It is Snyder having to over-compensate to all the troll bloggers and critical publishing that there is no difference between the 2017 and 2021 films. You have folks like Scott Mendelson on Forbes telling people there is nothing new to see here.

snydercut_mendelson.PNG.d08f399b122b38f237c4dabc86e0dd0e.PNG

So when you have the same people that contributed to the BVS response leading to the JL disruption trying to justify their original negative stance by picking apart the Snyder Cut in advance, your marketing hand is forced at times.

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It is Snyder having to over-compensate to all the troll bloggers and critical publishing that there is no difference between the 2017 and 2021 films. You have folks like Scott Mendelson on Forbes telling people there is nothing new to see here.

snydercut_mendelson.PNG.d08f399b122b38f237c4dabc86e0dd0e.PNG

So when you have the same people that contributed to the BVS response leading to the JL disruption trying to justify their original negative stance by picking apart the Snyder Cut in advance, your marketing hand is forced at times.

I get it. Mendelson is just the worst. 

4 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I get it. Mendelson is just the worst. 

So Snyder is having to gorilla marketing message the Snyder Cut is not the 2017 film. Which means he has to show new images and videos to prove to everyone "COME AND GET IT - THIS FOOD IS FRESH AND HOT!"

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Even the Superman alley scene was all Zack Snyder so count on probably seeing this in the Snyder Cut.

JL_Shirt_Rip01.jpg.646904870e227930591028560c24496a.jpg

I hope so, that was my favorite bit in the theatrical cut.

55 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

wot

This is a first-in-film historical event. Yes, Knightmare Deathstroke and Joker will absolutely attract viewers.

38 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Surprised that this isn't here already:

Holy moly, best teaser yet.

I get it why he has to take this route of advertising, got to evidence this is an all new film. We obviously know some of the storyline elements remain the same but it's clear to see they will be done in a completely different way, plus so much more added to it. And you just know there are bound to be some unrevealed surprises being saved for the film itself.

The film is genuinely epic in scope, if you were to think of this scenario in reverse it's like taking 'Fellowship of the Ring' or 'Endgame' and cutting it to pieces to fit into 2 hours whilst re-filming a bunch of scenes for seemingly no reason other than to add jokes and make it look brighter (and cheaper). People would just think you were insane.

Once I've watched it I'll enjoy seeing some of the comparisons that come out. As someone mentioned earlier, the idea of a future documentary detailing the journey to making this film would be amazing to see. Particularly as there seems to be no comments coming out from the likes of Whedon or Johns about the whole thing. More will come out in time.

Some of the comparisons that people on youtube have already done (based on trailer footage) show just how weird some of the changes were, hence why we got the parody version before the real deal.