• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Lukesaurus said:

It's not a perfect movie , the soundtrack was one of my biggest disappointments , also some sketchy CGI .

But I did enjoy it and will see it again later this afternoon . 

Zack Snyder clearly can't tell a story in 2 hours , but that's ok by me cause I enjoy his movies . 

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

Soundtrack was SO much better than the first one. I actually stopped and YouTubed the first battle with the Amazon’s for comparison and its night and day.

I do agree with you, a few sketchy scenes of CGI. I forgave that considering the budget on completing this movie. Maybe we can get the Lucas treatment later!

I think this 'perfect movie' standards need to go out the window though. None of these films are a perfect movie. None!

Heck, my all-time favorite MCU film (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) even has issues. Like when Winter Soldier appears on the car roof in the middle of the Washington D.C. Beltway, and nobody noticed this beforehand and started honking their horns and blinking their lights to warn the people in the car?!

There were a few soundtracks in the Snyder Cut I would have chosen another tune. But nothing to the point it took me out of the story. Which is great.

2 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

No, I didn't say that. I'm aware there are also people who have an axe to grind with Snyder as well. I'm responding because in this thread, I see a lot of people citing positive reviews as some kind of evidence that the movie is great, while dismissing negative reviews out of hand as biased. But the bias can go in both directions. That's all. 

Oh, agreed. There are many that no matter what they will cheer or tear a picture down by instinct.

It's just there has been so much negative over the years toward Zack Snyder and his films unnecessarily those that enjoy his work get extremely positive to counter the extreme negatives. To include critics that mock his relationship with his mother (why - heck if I know) or the death of his daughter. That's going way over the top to say you don't appreciate his films.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Here's an example of a critic that has taken his dislike of Zack Snyder too far. Yet his reviews end up on Rotten Tomatoes: Jordan Hoffman.

He actually posted one time how Snyder deserved a bullet to the head for not using one of his favorite DC characters. He deleted it afterwards and then pretends he never posted this. But it actually was caught by quite a few people beforehand.

Jordan_Hoffman01.jpg.febee914e66dcf579a0c4d53c408aea4.jpg

Now he complains that the Snyder Cut was too long for him.

Jordan_Hoffman02.thumb.jpg.18cf6c89fb34c020ea8c7d1d6da47f05.jpg

His rationale? Because he feels only the MCU did it right. That Snyder dude - take him out back and eliminate him. :facepalm:

Jordan_Hoffman03.thumb.jpg.46fbbfd5c6f498bee292064f89f1d469.jpg

By the way, this Vanity Fair screener is so biased he wrote an article back in November that was called out by other reporters as fake.

Sean O'Connell (Cinemeblend) pounced on this immediately, along with Mark Hughes (Forbes) to point out how the Snyder Cut was based on a large portion of new footage.

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh, agreed. There are many that no matter what they will cheer or tear a picture down by instinct.

It's just there has been so much negative over the years toward Zack Snyder and his films unnecessarily those that enjoy his work get extremely positive to counter the extreme negatives. To include critics that mock his relationship with his mother (why - heck if I know) or the death of his daughter. That's going way over the top to say you don't appreciate his films.

Admittedly I don’t really follow the chatter on Snyder so I don’t understand why some people are so against him.  And from a birds-eye-view he seems to be a likable guy. Counter that with Rian Johnson who is the very definition of hubris and I get why some people dislike him.  But Snyder has always been a head-scratcher for me. Regardless of how you feel about any of these people, lashing out on social media is for the bottom-of-barrel members of our “we live in a society..”

10 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Admittedly I don’t really follow the chatter on Snyder so I don’t understand why some people are so against him.  And from a birds-eye-view he seems to be a likable guy. Counter that with Rian Johnson who is the very definition of hubris and I get why some people dislike him.  But Snyder has always been a head-scratcher for me. Regardless of how you feel about any of these people, lashing out on social media is for the bottom-of-barrel members of our “we live in a society..”

Agreed. Jason Momoa (and other cast members and crew) love the guy.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Here we go again. Looking forward to your 'Asian jokes' and 'misogyny' concerns with the film. I count on it!

So drivers in these movies should pay attention? We need to make this a comic book genre focus. :baiting:

In Stephen Strange's case, he deserved both a Reckless and Careless Driving citation. But I guess that was the point is that he was a selfish irresponsible turkey jerky in the movie.

As for the other stuff, I did wonder for a moment why Ryan Choi, the only Asian in the movie so far, has to speak with broken English? Can't he just be a Korean-American and talk like everybody else in the movie? I guess he's from Hong Kong in the comics but It didn't really bother me I just thought it.

At least in this version, Flash doesn't land on top of Wonder Woman.

4 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Really reaching but there’s plenty to nitpick. Maybe it’s possible that this Chinese actor actually spoke in broken English in 2017 when not acting. Let’s jump to YouTube to find out! 

Ah, I see the actor Kai Zheng is actually a Chinese actor from China. Can't blame WB for wanting to appeal to China audiences. Anybody tell DC that Choi is a Korean name, though?

10 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Maybe it’s possible that this Chinese actor actually spoke in broken English in 2017 when not acting. Let’s jump to YouTube to find out! 

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ah, I see the actor Kai Zheng is actually a Chinese actor from China. Can't blame WB for wanting to appeal to China audiences. Anybody tell DC that Choi is a Korean name, though?

:facepalm:

You truly allow yourself to be this biased.

As a non-fan of the current DC movies, I agree this is a much better watch (so far, still on intermission) than the theatrical Justice League. I think what's most appreciated is the expanded back stories of Aguaman, Vic Stone, and Barry Allen. It's crazy how much was left out of Cyborg's story.

However, I think I prefer the Themyscira battle from the theatrical version a little more. I thought the Snyder Cut dwelled too much on the sacrifice of sealing the Penatralium with it falling into the ocean and Hippolyta sadly looking on. And then when Steppenwolfe and the Parademons rise from the watery grave anyway, it felt like all a waste. With the theatrical cut, Steppinwolf just busts through the wall so I didn't feel the Amazonian effort was such a big wasted sacrifice. I guess I would have preferred the Snyder Cut sacrifice if said sacrifice had actually accomplished something but it did nothing at all to stop 'Wolf and the 'Demons.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

No, I didn't say that. I'm aware there are also people who have an axe to grind with Snyder as well. I'm responding because in this thread, I see a lot of people citing positive reviews as some kind of evidence that the movie is great, while dismissing negative reviews out of hand as biased. But the bias can go in both directions. That's all. 

:foryou:

24 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I think this has been addressed. And I get some MUST have DC film negatives as realistic, yet with Marvel they will force themselves into a 'of course it's incredible'.

Meanwhile, when the same folks writing the negatives are caught at applying the same selective criteria to only certain directors or companies, and you ignore that, that can be telling as well what you appreciate more. So why even focus on other properties if you appreciate only select properties?

Edited by Bosco685

Just going to make an obvious point  for some who cry foul about Superman not having a greater role,  if I remember in the original he was dead for a long time also IMHO when he shows up in any movie he is so powerful that the rest of the cast get put in his enormous shadow.  Personally he is a buzz killer.