• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

2019: Warner Bros. Bosses Toby Emmerich & Peter Roth On Studio Post Kevin Tsujihara

In regards to reviving DC on the film side in the wake of Batman vs. Superman and Justice League, Emmerich said that the trick is putting the IP in the hands of filmmakers’ visions, which is the overall creed of Warner Bros. They’re a filmmaker-driven studio.

“Great directors are the lifeblood of a studio,” said Emmerich. “But they need great producers” he added, to great cheers.

'filmmaker-driven studio'??

:facepalm:

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/21/2021 at 8:35 PM, Oddball said:

When I signed up I got a week for free. You can cancel anytime before they charge you. I planned to watch The Little Things, JL and Kong but decided to keep it longer as there’s several series I want to watch.

Ended up subscribing. Excellent movie. Not without a few minor squabbles, but man o man, if this was the version they released....

There is more to Hollywood than what we see on the screen. As the last several years have brought to light, there is a dark underbelly to the entertainment industry that runs on displaced power dynamics to feed on newcomers and established talents alike.

Fisher brought a voice to a corner of those seedy elements which has opened up the floodgates for others to come forward. Recent allegations brought against filmmaker Joss Whedon by several former cast members and crew of his productions largely credit Fisher’s outspoken battle with the director and Warner Bros. that dates back to last summer. His tagline—“Accountability > Entertainment”— has become a rallying cry on social media for change throughout the industry.

What is also true is that a recent Deadline quote from original director Zack Snyder could also apply to Ray Fisher: “The Cyborg origin movie is Justice League, and then, we just assumed that, you know, Cyborg, by the end of Justice League, is standing on his feet. He’s ready to go for any kind of solo effort you can imagine, right? Like, he’s all set.”

Fisher’s superhero character Cyborg also emerges as the greatest beneficiary of Zack Snyder’s Justice League on HBO Max and establishes that Fisher has untapped star power in him too. What was an afterthought role in the theatrical version of the film has now transformed into the heart and soul of this new blockbuster four-hour iteration.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time for my 3rd watch while noting my critiques. That may happen this Saturday.

so of the 6 times you went to the theater to see Endgame, when did that critique kick in?

(:

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

so of the 6 times you went to the theater to see Endgame, when did that critique kick in?

(:

About 1 year later.

I gave Endgame a 9.8/10. It's not that good. The atmosphere played a huge part in me overlooking its weaknesses.

Edited by Angel of Death

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

About 1 year later.

I gave Endgame a 9.8/10. It's not that good. The atmosphere played a huge part in me overlooking its weaknesses.

:cool:

Okay

:nyah:

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:cool:

Okay

:nyah:

Endgame is exactly why I think that a 3-1/2 hour runtime for ZSJL would improve the movie to near-perfection. The scenes that drag out ZSJL remind me of how difficult Endgame can be to re-watch because of how long the slow areas are.

The difference between Endgame and ZSJL is that the latter is littered with conflict throughout each "part", which goes a long way in making a film feel shorter.

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Endgame is exactly why I think that a 3-1/2 hour runtime for ZSJL would improve the movie to near-perfection. The scenes that drag out ZSJL remind me of how difficult Endgame can be to re-watch because of how long the slow areas are.

The difference between Endgame and ZSJL is that the latter is littered with conflict throughout each "part", which goes a long way in making a film feel shorter.

Hey. Relax.

Just interesting seeing Endgame 6 times at the theater, yet 2 times with a film even you feeling has more action throughout.

:martini::foryou:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Hey. Relax.

Just interesting seeing Endgame 6 times at the theater, yet 2 times with a film even you feeling has more action throughout.

:martini::foryou:

In 2019, I had time to see a movie 6 times in a few weeks. I had to request PTO in order to have time for ZSJL. I watched it both days that I had off.

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

In 2019, I had time to see a movie 6 times in a few weeks. I had to request PTO in order to have time for ZSJL. I watched it both days that I had off.

:foryou:

It's all good.

Wayne Carr was the actor Zack Snyder filmed as John Stewart before WB Studios recently demanded he removed him from the Epilogue scene in the end.

Sketch of what his character looked like.

John_Stewart.thumb.jpg.3b0879c02b23d83913d7719f05b72696.jpg

I wonder if that moment will ever see the light of day, even just to know what the scene was about. A set up for the GL corps I presume or a reason as to where they were during the events of JL.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wayne Carr was the actor Zack Snyder filmed as John Stewart before WB Studios recently demanded he removed him from the Epilogue scene in the end.

Sketch of what his character looked like.

John_Stewart.thumb.jpg.3b0879c02b23d83913d7719f05b72696.jpg

I like this rendering. Do we know why WB wanted it removed? Perhaps because they intend to relaunch the brand, and don't want to be pigeon holed into using Carr...or have that inconsistency out there...