• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, D84 said:

I didn't have any problems with the VFX in the Snyder Cut. The theatrical cut's effects looked like hot :censored:.

But it actually nice to hear VFX experts judge the two movie versions and disprove all the 'Snyder makes things all dark' and ragging on the effects themselves.

They were overjoyed with the Snyder Cut details with scenes like the Amazonian template collapsing in realistically and how Snyder even took the time to include full visuals for individual characters.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

They were overjoyed with the Snyder Cut details with scenes like the Amazonian template collapsing in realistically and how Snyder even took the time to include full visuals for individual characters.

I never thought about it before, but the Amazons falling literally makes a huge difference. When I saw Josstice League, I didn't care about any of the characters in that scene. It didn't make me feel like 'a threat is coming'. In ZSJL, they all get blasted aside and fall. The fall displays the consequence of Steppenwolf's arrival. It feels like something big is happening.

Again, this is something that I have never considered about 'background' characters before. Their analysis opened up an understanding of how my brain observes these sequences.

It just goes to show that Zack Snyder knows what he's doing, even if I don't fully understand what he's doing. It's a part of film-making that my brain understands when I observe it, but I don't intentionally understand what might otherwise be flawed if it wasn't done the same.

35 minutes ago, paperheart said:

to recap: another $70 million down the toilet, two extra hours wasted and still awful ^^

The theatrical JL was awful, WW84 was awful. Aquaman was awful. This one was surprisingly great. I never rallied to see its creation, I got better things to do than hashtag stuff but I’m glad someone did.

7 hours ago, Oddball said:

Having said that, here’s a note (a plea) to Zack Snyder.

After completing a movie, go back in and cut 50% of your slow motion scenes.  Well not really cut, just play them at normal speed. 

24 minutes of slo-mo. 17 of those minutes being The Flash. Not sure if "half" is a realistic amount of reduction.

We didn't really need to see any slo-mo on Themiscyra, though.

Unfortunately the more we see from WB trying to leave these films behind, the more it seems like a long long way away that any chance of a sequel will occur. Particularly with Snyder having so much in the pipeline with Netflix and the majority of the cast appear to have been muffled by the powers that be.

The potential was all there but it feels like any reverse decision by WB now would be even more far fetched. Maybe we could at least get the comic book version of JL2 and 3 to see out the story!

7 hours ago, Oddball said:

Having said that, here’s a note (a plea) to Zack Snyder.

After completing a movie, go back in and cut 50% of your slow motion scenes.  Well not really cut, just play them at normal speed. 

30 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

24 minutes of slo-mo. 17 of those minutes being The Flash. Not sure if "half" is a realistic amount of reduction.

We didn't really need to see any slo-mo on Themiscyra, though.

The Flash especially is where the slow motion scenes make a lot of sense. A human being that can go just below the speed of light would make for extremely short scenes.

And when wanting to demonstrate super-fast moves by Superman that also would lead to rapidly completed scenes. Add to this Diana who can also move super-fast.

:idea:

Hey! Now those slo-mo scenes are making even more sense.

So, I talked to my mom yesterday, and she watched it on Saturday. Surprisingly, she said that she would enjoy longer movies (such as this) in theaters. She said it was too long and there was too much slo-mo. I was somewhat disappointed in her overall reaction.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Flash especially is where the slow motion scenes make a lot of sense. A human being that can go just below the speed of light would make for extremely short scenes.

And when wanting to demonstrate super-fast moves by Superman that also would lead to rapidly completed scenes. Add to this Diana who can also move super-fast.

:idea:

Hey! Now those slo-mo scenes are making even more sense.

I’m fine with the Flash’s slow-mo scenes, especially at the end when he reaches for Cyborg, but there were many other scenes that could have played normal speed.

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

Right off the top of my head, the football game and the scene where the entire team is captured in slow-mo just like that opening Avengers scene. 

It didn't have any added dramatic or emotional effect on you? I personally thought it was well-used in Cyborg's backstory. It helped the scene breathe as far as understanding Victor's pain. 2c

We must agree to disagree on this one!