• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

One heck of a data analytics study that confirms for even the most hardcore non-fans using any data to prove the Snyder Cut failed is the way HBO Max is packaged up without specific promo codes it doesn't allow to specifically detemine which movie caused a specific bump in growth. Other than timing which even that is touched on in the article as not so easy.

I know I can’t be the only one but I signed up for HBOMAX just to see ZSJL. I got the free trial and then paid for one month. Then cancelled. I got to see The Little Things and GVK along with a couple others. I only needed to watch JL once on HBO as I want some time to pass before I buy it and watch it again.

19 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks for posting this, is it different than the US version?

They haven't announced an official 4k disc release date in the US. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros. doesn't release it on home video out here for quite a while. They seem to be trying to bury the thing.

34 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

When I watched Tenet last night, I was thinking how much I LOVED Affleck as Batman...and how little I'm looking forward to Robert Pattinson.

Loved Tenet. On The Batman, I really did not like this image of him below where he could practically be the Joker. But the trailer looks like the movie is going to do something right for the first time in Batman cinema by giving us a detective story. I could be wrong but I hope not. I hope they focus on a slow burn mystery and do a 180 from the huge spectacles we have received in the past from Nolan and Snyder. Not that I didn’t love those but I want something different from this next iteration. And if this Batman helps bring in a younger generation of fans, that’s a good thing as well. I’m thinking my teenage daughters will enjoy this more than my favorite, The Dark Knight. 

7C3E9898-8B86-4227-B8FF-0FCC4EFC8B7D.jpeg

6 hours ago, Oddball said:

Loved Tenet. On The Batman, I really did not like this image of him below where he could practically be the Joker. But the trailer looks like the movie is going to do something right for the first time in Batman cinema by giving us a detective story. I could be wrong but I hope not. I hope they focus on a slow burn mystery and do a 180 from the huge spectacles we have received in the past from Nolan and Snyder. Not that I didn’t love those but I want something different from this next iteration. And if this Batman helps bring in a younger generation of fans, that’s a good thing as well. I’m thinking my teenage daughters will enjoy this more than my favorite, The Dark Knight. 

I'm sure the new Batman will be good and will end up a big hit for WB. It's looking like a bankable production so far. They will probably run sequels in a universe without Superman and co being part of things. 

Nothing wrong with having these different interpretations running through different series of films. We've said it before in this thread but it's the sort of thing that will work for DC if they do it right.

You can have the grounded Batman detective story as well as the Batman of the Justice League taking on Darkseid and the end of the world. Just let it happen :cloud9:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League holds on to earn a second week at Number 1 on the UK’s Official Film Chart.

Enjoying its place at the top for a second week on digital downloads only, it holds off several other DC entries in this week’s Top 10 including Wonder Woman 1984 (2), 2016’s prequel Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (3) and award winner Joker (5).

This week’s highest new entry at Number 4 comes from British comedy Blithe Spirit, starring Judi Dench, Dan Stevens, Leslie Mann and Judi Dench. A writer suffering from writer’s block attends a séance, but the Medium accidentally summons the spirit of his first wife – leading to an increasingly complex love triangle with his current wife.

Zack Snyder acknowledges during an Army of the Dead interview he knows WB has been very aggressively pushing the anti-Snyder message as of late.

That's really sad when a studio turns on its own creators.

Edited by Bosco685

"Hey, Mr. Nolan, we love what you did for The Dark Knight Trilogy. Wanna create a DC Comics cinematic universe in that feel?"
"No, but Zack Snyder would be the perfect man for that."
"Okay, hey Mr. Snyder, we have all of these super dark ideas for you to go with but then we're gonna throw you under the bus."

When you navigate outside domestic sites it is interesting how much of a difference there is on HBO messaging. Even over the weekend HBO Croatia's facebooks site noted the #SnyderCut is still its #1 viewed offering.

HBO_Croatia210507.PNG.5b13cbd3c0d99b059e9762e8f2bd41cf.PNG

4 minutes ago, D84 said:

The only way there will be more or WB even admitting it was successful is if AT&T puts a foot in someone's :censored:.

AT&T should be firing people at this point. They already had to force their child company to release 1 movie. Imagine your boss having to tell you how to do your job multiple times because you can't put aside your ego?

Just get someone competent at the helm, please.

Those estimates of 4 more years before any sight of continuation should be a long enough period of time for the big shake up needed at WB.

Then they might just get lucky and find themselves in a position where bringing back JL will fit in nicely with everyone's schedule!

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Zack Snyder acknowledges during an Army of the Dead interview he knows WB has been very aggressively pushing the anti-Snyder message as of late.

That's really sad when a studio turns on its own creators.

Is there any story of to why WB has it out for Snyder?  I feel like he must have slept with someone’s wife or hit someone’s kid to have garnered so much anger from the studio.  Other than the less than stellar performance of BvS I haven’t seen anything that would bring things to where they are now. 

7 hours ago, bentbryan said:

Is there any story of to why WB has it out for Snyder?  I feel like he must have slept with someone’s wife or hit someone’s kid to have garnered so much anger from the studio.  Other than the less than stellar performance of BvS I haven’t seen anything that would bring things to where they are now. 

Maybe they hated how much support the films were getting even though it didn't hit the box office numbers of Endgame. WB seem to dislike the fans because they don't agree with their vision when they wanted to go with JL 2017. Plus now we all know about the dodgy goings on behind the scenes...

8 hours ago, bentbryan said:

A 'World's Finest' doing $874M worldwide (not a large team-up film) to me is actually not bad even with all the backlash and critic protest. Deadline's estimate was after all expenses WB walked away with $105M in profit. Not including merchandising and Home Theater sales.

57 minutes ago, RickSp said:

Maybe they hated how much support the films were getting even though it didn't hit the box office numbers of Endgame. WB seem to dislike the fans because they don't agree with their vision when they wanted to go with JL 2017. Plus now we all know about the dodgy goings on behind the scenes...

I think you nailed it. Once the WB execs established this new path, they wanted that to be the roadmap. Not anything attributed to Zack Snyder. Though he had cast Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller. And most probably WB Studios and especially Toby Emmerich did not like having to go back to finishing the Snyder Cut by parent company mandate and fan demands. Ego and pride kicked in.