• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

AN UPDATE ON ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE

First, we know that lots of you have been eagerly awaiting details on the Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

Many international retail sites have—for weeks now—had it up for pre-order, set to street on or about 5/26. Indeed, we’ve had it on our 4K Ultra HD Release List here at The Bits for a few months now, anticipating a 5/25 US street date.

Just today, the Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi put the title up for pre-order with the 5/26 date. (Thanks to Bits reader Tim P. for the heads-up on that one.) So, as we noted here last week, we’re pretty confident that—barring some sort of manufacturing or shipping delay—Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be announcing it any time now for a 5/25 release in the States on both formats. It’s possible it will be released under the Warner Archive label, like Snyder’s recently 4K-remastered Batman v Superman, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Still nothing. But international retailers have been listing presales assuming an official announcement by 5/25.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

WB really assumed its recent bump of the 4K Josstice League trailer would attract new fans.

697357606_Capture_2021-05-12-07-14-05.thumb.png.848e27ea16688b0bb854a77d5ccde9d3.png

129K dislikes

:facepalm:

Wow, why bump or release a trailer for a 4 year old movie? Is WB actually trolling the Snyder cut fans? Too funny.

19 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Wow, why bump or release a trailer for a 4 year old movie? Is WB actually trolling the Snyder cut fans? Too funny.

I think that was WB Studios' way of conveying they have moved on. You should too. Along with the retaliation article posted by the fifth morning of the #SnyderCut release that this was it - no further Snyder productions.

It's clear they had thought this through how to drive home the point the studio was not happy with what it had been forced to correct.

16 hours ago, Oddball said:

They're not trolling, they're just plain stupid.

WB has a rabid fan-base chomping at the bit for more 'SnyderVerse', but they don't care about being successful. They care about their egos.

As the Snyders launch a new franchise with Army of the Dead, they may have said goodbye to another with Zack Snyder’s Justice League. The four-hour film hit HBO Max in March and restored the director’s intention for the 2017 film he left following a family tragedy. So far, there’s been no public indication from WarnerMedia that more SnyderVerse is forthcoming.

While streaming services do not share ratings, they sometimes perform victory laps after the debut of a big project. HBO Max noted after the Dec. 25 release of Wonder Woman 1984 that nearly half of its retail subscribers had watched the movie on its premiere day. With Zack Snyder’s Justice League, there was no such announcement from the WarnerMedia-owned streamer.

While Snyder acknowledges she was hoping for a press release touting numbers, she maintains that in the end, the film was about giving fans closure on Justice League and the universe Zack Snyder had spent nearly a decade building.

As a producer, one way you can gauge success is box office numbers. But with streaming, you might not ever know how many people watched your movie. After Justice League came out, I was hoping for one of those press releases saying it broke a ratings record or something like that.

Yeah! So was I, by the way.

How are you adjusting to that lack of transparency as you dive into streaming, first with Justice League and now with Army of the Dead?

It’s about telling stories and getting your stories to as many people as possible. Yes, there might be an excitement about how it does. Everyone is a little competitive, but they are taking chances on films that would not be getting made. The studios are so focused on big IP and tentpoles, but there is a lot of other content the streamers are getting made that wouldn’t get made if it wasn’t for them. In my experience, the creative freedom and support along the way – not a fight, support — for the director’s vision, has been really great. In terms of the box office, yeah, it’s good to know, but you usually know if people like it or not.

HBO — it’s interesting that they haven’t reported the numbers, but there have been a bunch of articles saying how massive Justice League has been. For us, it wasn’t about that. It was about completing Zack’s vision. Something that because of our tragedy turned into something really ugly and distorted, and having a chance to set it right. The love from the fans for that film and for Zack’s vision and to be able to complete that vision was the why of it for us. That’s been an amazing experience to see people enjoy it and the love. We had been developing this world and Zack’s version of that world for over ten years. It was kind of a weird ending, or lack of ending. So for us, it was a nice way to get closure and also for people to see what it was meant to be.

Nice to see how positive the Snyders remain, no matter how WB Studios recognizes or not their accomplishments.

Zack Snyder really doesn’t get enough credit. I’m just gonna say it. He’s a genius. You think he’s just making movies but he’s solving things. Working tirelessly to cure disease, reversing the effects of climate change and saving the starving children in that one country. He’s actually changing the world we live in. 
His infamous quote still resonates:

“Let me put it this way; have you ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates? Morans!”

-Zack Snyder

5 time Nobel Prize winner in each category.

Edited by Oddball
Had to misspell a bad word for it to show

12 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Zack Snyder really doesn’t get enough credit. I’m just gonna say it. He’s a genius. You think he’s just making movies but he’s solving things. Working tirelessly to cure disease, reversing the effects of climate change and saving the starving children in that one country. He’s actually changing the world we live in. 

“Let me put it this way; have you ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates? Morans!”

-Zack Snyder

He's one of the very few people in Hollywood that I haven't heard anything bad about.

18 minutes ago, Oddball said:

-Zack Snyder

You read my mind on satirizing what's been going on in other threads.

A+

7 minutes ago, D84 said:

He's one of the very few people in Hollywood that I haven't heard anything bad about.

I think it's because, as his co-workers say, "he's a fanboy on set". I think he looks at these projects as passions instead of just jobs. He's definitely not the only one, but he's one of the more high-profile collaborators that people seem to just love working with.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Dude literally completed his vision of his film for $0. He's not chasing money like most people in Hollywood do. Not that there's anything wrong with following the money, but that should be 2nd to following your passion for the art form.

How many stories are out there like this in Hollywood? On a smaller scale, the effort that went into The Evil Dead was impressive. And I believe Vin Diesel leveraged his house to get his passion project Riddick made. Before he made all that FF money.  I sure hope Zack gets something from the digital and physical media sales. Of course he’s still rich but not taking a salary is rare.