• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, D84 said:

He's one of the very few people in Hollywood that I haven't heard anything bad about.

And his cast and crew love him! To include Momoa giving him a Leica Q2 camera ($6K) as a gift when the news came out about the Snyder Cut.

Zack Snyder has revealed an actual look at what John Stewart’s Green Lantern looked like in his cut Justice League scene. The character was played by actor Wayne T. Carr in the Snyder Cut reshoots, but Warner Bros. pushed Snyder to remove the character from the final cut to save him for future DC film projects. As a result, John Stewart was replaced by the Martian Manhunter, who addresses Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne at the end of the movie in his stead.

John Stewart is one of DC’s most famous and popular heroes, but he’s yet to get a proper live-action debut. The character didn’t appear in the 2011 Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie, he hasn’t been brought to the DCEU (despite Snyder’s efforts), and he’s made no appearance in the Arrowverse either. A new Green Lantern movie is reportedly on the way as part of the DCEU, which is rumored to include Stewart, but details on that project have been scarce. The upcoming HBO Max Green Lantern series will feature several different iterations of the character including Guy Gardner and Alan Scott, but there’s been no confirmation of John Stewart so far.

At a recent digital Q&A event with Cinemark Playa Vista, Zack Snyder revealed a look at Wayne T. Carr’s in his Justice League Green Lantern costume. The image has been reshared on Twitter by Ishaan Sangha. In it, Carr’s John Stewart can be seen sporting the heroes famous colors and brandishing his Green Lantern ring. It’s not the highest-quality image, possibly due to Snyder not being allowed to release the actual scene, but it’s still in interesting look at what almost was.

johnstewart.thumb.jpg.05d59e97f080ecca669235ea66d6a4dc.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

My joke headline for this piece would be “Zack Snyder finally breaks his silence.”

[Laughs] Oh, that’s cool. That’s good. “Zack Snyder comes clean.”

“He’s finally ready to talk.”

Yeah. I’m all warmed up. I’m ready to go!

Here’s my analogy. With Army of the Dead, it feels like a famous comedian who’s been in movies or the biggest series and decides, you know what? I want to do stand up again. Get back to my roots.

It is a little bit. I’d say it’s a good analogy because I shot the movie and I wrote the movie. Clearly, it comes from the well, if you will, in a pretty significant way. And so, yeah, I think that’s a pretty good analogy. I buy that.

Did you need that?

Oh god yeah. God yeah. It was cool to do the Snyder Cut of Justice League and that was fun and everything. But Warner Bros. still tortured me the whole time for whatever reason, they can’t help it. I don’t know why I’m such a :censored: pain in their :censored: because I’m not trying to be, honestly.

Now what you just said right there – and I’ve seen your other recent quotes where you’ve said Warner Bros. isn’t being receptive to the SnyderVerse. Because look, every experience I’ve had with you is you are a nice guy and a really passionate filmmaker. But do you worry when you say things like that, not Warner Bros., but another studio might be like, “Well, if things go south, we don’t want to be on the receiving end of that”?

Well, I just don’t know who would ever end up on the other end? If you analyze what’s happened with Warner Bros., it’s not a normal situation. It’s a once-in-a-generation bizarro situation! I just had an amazing experience with Netflix and it was awesome and we had a great partnership and an incredibly great experience. So the only thing I would say is that it’s an unusual situation.

That’s true. And I just say that from a selfish standpoint because I want to keep seeing your movies and I don’t want you to get in too much trouble.

No, I agree. I don’t want to get in trouble either, but I’m not going to sit here and let them act like that and not… Look, they’re the ones that have been aggressive, not me. I haven’t done anything. Every day they’d turn around and do some weird passive-aggressive thing. So, I don’t know. It’s weird. But look, like I say, I had a great time making Justice League. I’m super glad I got to finish it.

21 minutes ago, D84 said:

:censored: Warner Bros. 🤦‍♂️

Now I feel guilty being excited for the new content because the WB execs can hide behind those productions to justify how they treated Zack Snyder.

:(

56 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The most epic scene in comic book movie history:

I have to agree and it was a huge surprise seeing it since it’s omission is so bewildering. Another huge cut on this level was the world ending tidal wave in The Abyss Special Edition and the subsequent events that gives us a meaningful ending instead of an ambiguous one.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Snyder alluded to his friendship with Nolan; in particular, their relationship as coworkers, creatives, and contemporaries. Late last year, Nolan invited Snyder over to watch Tenet, and then, a few weeks ago, Snyder showed Nolan his 4-hour cut of Justice League – accompanied by a 15-minute interval – at a private IMAX screening. Read what Snyder said about that experience below:

"Chris has been involved in this thing since Man of Steel, so I think it was as cathartic for him to see it as anybody,” said Snyder. “We had a long conversation afterwards about how it feels in its four-hour format in the theatre, and he said he thought it had regained its epic sensibility – that mythological aspect that I thought was inherent to the story I was telling all along. Now, I haven’t seen the other version” – the 2017 Whedon Cut – “but there is apparently a way to wring the mythological aspects of it. But for me, that’s the single thread that when you pull it out, the whole thing unravels. So we were both very glad to see it stitched back in."

15 minutes ago, D84 said:

My UHD disc shipped from Amazon UK today!

I'll let everyone know how it is after it shows up.

I saw people on social media noting many had received alerts of their 4K discs going out. Hopefully the Domestic Market gets this offer too.

:wishluck: