Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
3 3

1,548 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

...It certainly wasn't reading the room at that moment on messaging.

Well, WB isn't "reading the room". It's not like they've earned trust or respect from the public or anything. It's not something that I would do, but I won't condemn anyone else for doing it so long as it's just the hashtag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Well, WB isn't "reading the room". It's not like they've earned trust or respect from the public or anything. It's not something that I would do, but I won't condemn anyone else for doing it so long as it's just the hashtag.

WB executives are in a class of their own I would never want normal folks to be categorized into.

But if someone is posting about murders or injuries from unprovoked situations and we post #RestoreTheSnyderVerse in response, we make it too easy for WB Studios to release "See what we're talking about" messaging to the general audience not plugged in to the full backstory of what went on. Know what I mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

WB executives are in a class of their own I would never want normal folks to be categorized into.

But if someone is posting about murders or injuries from unprovoked situations and we post #RestoreTheSnyderVerse in response, we make it too easy for WB Studios to release "See what we're talking about" messaging to the general audience not plugged in to the full backstory of what went on. Know what I mean?

Sure, but the people hash-tagging are doing no harm, so the public should see beyond WB's lame outcry. Just because a business says something PC doesn't mean we must ignore their poor practices. 2c

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Sure, but the people hash-tagging are doing no harm, so the public should see beyond WB's lame outcry. Just because a business says something PC doesn't mean we must ignore their poor practices. 2c

But they're not, because WB has The Hollywood Reporter and Variety to post articles where they categorize #RestoreTheSnyderCut as coming from toxic fanatics.

Unfortunately, then the public links the hashtag to this categorization two credible outlets have supported with their articles which are most probably paid for by WB Studios. And the ugly circle continues on.

:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But they're not, because WB has The Hollywood Reporter and Variety to post articles where they categorize #RestoreTheSnyderCut as coming from toxic fanatics.

Unfortunately, then the public links the hashtag to this categorization two credible outlets have supported with their articles which are most probably paid for by WB Studios. And the ugly circle continues on.

:(

I don't really care what WB says or who they pay off. (shrug)

The sheep who claim that Variety is a "credible" outlet clearly missed the 2018 articles citing "the Snyder Cut doesn't exist and will never be released".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ cut did little to boost HBO Max subscriptions

106855562-1616010101200-justice_league_C

"...Initial estimates pegged the price tag for Snyder’s second take at $20 million to $30 million because many of the computer-generated images were not finished. However, more recent estimates suggest WarnerMedia could have shelled out $70 million or more on the project as Snyder brought back several actors to shoot new material. It’s unclear if that figure includes spending on marketing..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ cut did little to boost HBO Max subscriptions

106855562-1616010101200-justice_league_C

"...Initial estimates pegged the price tag for Snyder’s second take at $20 million to $30 million because many of the computer-generated images were not finished. However, more recent estimates suggest WarnerMedia could have shelled out $70 million or more on the project as Snyder brought back several actors to shoot new material. It’s unclear if that figure includes spending on marketing..."

Hey Chester.

image01.gif.37e4f07e916746f3e5a7de11d8481647.gif

Details:

  • AT&T's financial quarter ended on March 31st
  • Zack Snyder's Justice League released on March 18th (last 13 days)
  • Godzilla vs Kong released on March 24th (last 7 days)

Q2 is where the full picture will come into light. But I think we recognize that doesn't factor into your 'Oh man - more views occurred with the Infinity War trailer' mindset.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this gets lost on folks too when it comes to the #SnyderCut getting announced on 5/20/20 and folks rallied around HBO Max to enroll early to show support.

  

Quote

Despite the fact that the Snyder Cut did not lead to a significant increase in subscribers in March, that doesn't mean the film didn't lead to an increase in subscribers at all. The release of Zack Snyder's Justice League on the platform was announced in 2020, meaning many who expected the release of the film may have already signed up. When the streamer announced their 2021 plan to stream their entire slate on HBO Max the day of release, HBO Max added 4 million subscribers. This slate included Wonder Woman 1984, leading many DCEU fans to likely sign up before the Snyder Cut's premiere.

So many folks subscribed in advance, the only way HBO Max could have accounted for their motivation why is issuing promotion codes for certain movies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we’ll never truly know what sort of impact it had other than the mostly positive reactions and reviews that came on its release. 

It’ll be talked about forever in movie making terms due to the nature of its creation, I don’t think we’ll see another film of this size go through that again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Hey Chester.

image01.gif.37e4f07e916746f3e5a7de11d8481647.gif

Details:

  • AT&T's financial quarter ended on March 31st
  • Zack Snyder's Justice League released on March 18th (last 13 days)
  • Godzilla vs Kong released on March 24th (last 7 days)

Q2 is where the full picture will come into light. But I think we recognize that doesn't factor into your 'Oh man - more views occurred with the Infinity War trailer' mindset.

Canadian Chaos reminds me of that Key and Peele sketch where he screams out that he has no opinions of his own to voice and just goes along with whatever is popular in pop culture.  Watch it if you haven’t seen it, it’s hilarious. But I don’t think anyone cares if it added subscribers or not. Unless you’re the CEO of HBO. We got the film we wanted. I don’t care about reviews or percentages or their budget, I just wanted the movie. It only needs to succeed in my eyes. And that goes for every movie. The masses don’t affect what I enjoy. Not that it matters but I see this film gathering a cult following and think the sales of its blu-rays and digital copies will be telling over the years. Especially since this is the end of an era. Zack Snyder went out with a bang with DC and I hope Army of the Dead knocks it out of the park so he can give us more of the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oddball said:

Canadian Chaos reminds me of that Key and Peele sketch where he screams out that he has no opinions of his own to voice and just goes along with whatever is popular in pop culture.  Watch it if you haven’t seen it, it’s hilarious. But I don’t think anyone cares if it added subscribers or not. Unless you’re the CEO of HBO. We got the film we wanted. I don’t care about reviews or percentages or their budget, I just wanted the movie. It only needs to succeed in my eyes. And that goes for every movie. The masses don’t affect what I enjoy. Not that it matters but I see this film gathering a cult following and think the sales of its blu-rays and digital copies will be telling over the years. Especially since this is the end of an era. Zack Snyder went out with a bang with DC and I hope Army of the Dead knocks it out of the park so he can give us more of the same.

Oh, I agree. It all comes down to what YOU appreciate.

But the bummer is due to internal sabotage and turmoil all that could have continued on won't. Add to this the lack of full backing by WB Studios and the public knew there was this campaign to force a re-release of a now 4-hour movie.

The cool thing is the majority were positive responses, which is not what WB wanted to see to support its current roadmap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

How many years do you think it takes until they #RestoreTheSnyderVerse? I'm gonna say "4".

I'm going to guess another year before we hear anything even suggesting the continuation of some of the JL story threads. Then it will depend on the success of the Flash and Afflecks involvement there before they decide whether it's all out the window or not.

Getting Snyder and the full cast back seems like a monumental task, it probably would take 4 years to get that on the cards again! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickSp said:

Getting Snyder and the full cast back seems like a monumental task, it probably would take 4 years to get that on the cards again! 

I don't think that most of them will be a problem. I'm sure that Snyder wants to complete his vision. Cavill, Gadot, Momoa, and Fisher are all on-board. Miller is oddly quiet about his opinions regarding this entire universe, even regarding ZSJL. Ben Affleck is certainly the biggest hurdle. He hated working with Whedon and it helped drive him to depression. Can he rekindle his passion for Batman with Snyder? Who knows.

It'll suck if we don't get the sequels. At least we got the Justice League that we deserve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Affleck is pushing 50. Not sure he'd want to put on that much muscle again.

I'd love to see him as Batman again, but understand if he passes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, D84 said:

Affleck is pushing 50. Not sure he'd want to put on that much muscle again.

I'd love to see him as Batman again, but understand if he passes. 

Yeah I agree it seems a hard sell to get him to sign up for the role considering it's a few more years of work to complete the arc. I suppose he could get away with not having to be super ripped Batman for the duration as he's playing the old version anyway. Plus there is an on going trend of older hero types still kicking a**, just look at John Wick and co!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RickSp said:

Yeah I agree it seems a hard sell to get him to sign up for the role considering it's a few more years of work to complete the arc. I suppose he could get away with not having to be super ripped Batman for the duration as he's playing the old version anyway. Plus there is an on going trend of older hero types still kicking a**, just look at John Wick and co!

^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

It'll suck if we don't get the sequels. At least we got the Justice League that we deserve.

Did you ever read those leaked storyboards from about 5 or 6 years ago? Lots of cool stuff in there but also some crazy ideas that I know Snyder has since said he would change.

Apart from a few of the ideas they would surely need to do a full re-write and remove any parallels with IW/Endgame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RickSp said:

Did you ever read those leaked storyboards from about 5 or 6 years ago? Lots of cool stuff in there but also some crazy ideas that I know Snyder has since said he would change.

Apart from a few of the ideas they would surely need to do a full re-write and remove any parallels with IW/Endgame.

The time-travel parallels to Avengers would be inevitable. The reasons and outcomes are different, though. But, yeah, I've seen most/all of the leaked stuff. I just want to see his vision truly completed. I love all of these live-action character and story adaptations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3