• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GColan's IM & SM #1 cover gone on hold at Romitaman
2 2

59 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2020 at 10:00 PM, Twanj said:

$400k

On 12/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, romitaman said:

and....SOLD!!! (ALL CASH)

sorry to disappoint vodoo  

but hey...keep the conspiracy theories going...... :)

As US Taxpayer I'm truly happy to see you admitted the cash sale in writing on a public forum. Kudos!  The taxes on that will be a nice chunk of change (from my perspective, but of course nothing in overall scheme of things) for the IRS to collect and deposit into the US treasury.

Edited by MAR1979

16 minutes ago, MAR1979 said:

As US Taxpayer I'm truly happy to see you admitted the cash sale in writing on a public forum. Kudos!  The taxes on that will be a nice chunk of change (from my perspective, but of course nothing in overall scheme of things) for the IRS to collect and deposit into the US treasury.

I'm guessing Mike merely meant that it was an outright purchase, with no trade involved whatsoever.  However, if this was a dufflebag-full-of-Benjamins type deal, I'd love hear the details!

3 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

I want this forum to be a place where everyone feels welcome to post, both dealers and collectors. This is not the way.

Giving kudos to his integrity and honesty was wrong?  Is your concern is that it will scare off dealers or collectors who lack what Burkey has displayed?

I've dealt with Mike for 20 years, Heritage "scandal", which I've lack of knowledge to the details, aside,  he honors his word. Several times I purchased from him (via his site) and minutes or so later others offered him significant amounts more for the items if he voids the sale and deals it to them . In all cases he honored the original sale commitment to me. I participate in several hobbies and few dealers/sellers/collectors do the same in similar cases nor have his integrity.  Not sure I want this to be a forum that does not value that trait.

Edited by MAR1979

2 hours ago, artcollector9 said:

Mike I completely agree with you. 

Last year I curated the Profiles in History Comic Art sale, and we sold the Frankenstein Wrightson cover for over $1.2 Mil. 

Someone here said he didn't believe it and wanted the new owner to post a picture with the daily newspaper (for the date) and the piece!

(As if this multimillionaire could be bothered to read that, and PROVE he bought the piece to this troll)? It's laughable. 

I gather there is no moderator here to keep things civil?

So, I too almost never post here because the few trolls seem to have complete freedom.

'Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are'. Proverbs. 

Rob

I think I have decent rapport with everyone here (I hope!).  Labels such as "troll" are just making all conversations less inviting.

I've learned a lot from all the contributors, and I hope every one continues to send civil messages without fear of

name-calling or shaming.

In the holiday spirit, David S. Albright

Edited by aokartman
spell

I’m a native New Yorker. I expect to have people challenge me all the time. But whoa unto thee that try to besmirch thee savage GrapeApe. He strikes back with quick wit and stinging reproaches learned in12 years of round and rounds with uncouth dullards in the public school system.

Heres the deal.

Come correct, or get your card pulled.

I understand the sentiment that Rob and Mike B relay about not wanting to dignify   
certain comments therefore somehow legitimizing them. 

The thing is I’ve learned to turn the other cheek when I can...and when I need to fight? I make sure the other guy never wants to come back for more. Literally and figuratively.

it’s up to each one of us.

Most of the comments that seem to trigger anger or disdain are the ones that insinuate the following....

That board member is

lying, dishonest, without coming outright and stating with facts or proof.

or

the comments that seem insensitive or personal that hurt feelings.

I really believe the board community

( that’s us not the mods) police this thing pretty well. We all want to hear from a wide range of voices, dealers and collectors and especially artists and their reps if they are game. 
Yes...even Los Bros....

I consider Rob a great wealth of knowledge and insight. It pains me he rarely comes on here and I’ve asked him  many times to. And who doesn’t want to hear from Mike Burkey? Always informative and entertaining.

And I also like Vodou. He’s like a cactus. I probably wouldn’t hug him but that doesn’t mean I can’t get water from him.

This forum has great potential. I truly believe 95% of the “bite” exhibited and expressed on the board is meant in jest.

So.....

Rob, Mike and others concerned about getting trolled we need to hear from you more not less. Most of us honestly ignore the awkward jabs. Hey sometimes we laugh at them.
We all get equal bashing. 

But this forum is a community. I truly love it and I like all of you hooligans.

Merry Christmas 

2021 is almost here

🍇+ 🦍

13 minutes ago, grapeape said:

And I also like Vodou. He’s like a cactus. I probably wouldn’t hug him but that doesn’t mean I can’t get water from him.

Please do not invoke my user name in a post praising the other two.

Thanks.

And yes, the fruit of the cactus can be exactly what one needs, when otherwise wandering aimlessly in the vast desert of greed, braggadocio, compromise, hypocrisy, and lies.

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Please do not invoke my user name in a post praising the other two.

Thanks.

And yes, the fruit of the cactus can be exactly what one needs, when otherwise wandering aimlessly in the vast desert of greed, braggadocio, compromise, hypocrisy, and lies.

:golfclap: