• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rather odd Price Guide - any info?

12 posts in this topic

I recognize that last ad. I bought from him way back in the 80's. I actually went to his "office" which was just his apartment, completely stacked with comics. I have one of his later price guides kicking around somewhere. I tried to buy GSX #1 from him but he was out so he substituted Avengers #4 straight up.

Edited by Juno Beach
add

Thanks for all of the information to date, folks.

I'm still curious as to the Publisher, and the reason behind why there was a need to indicate the need for a "True Market" price guide.  Perhaps I'll share some comics prices on this board and compare with the 1974 OPG to gain some insights as to the price differences between the two?

Stay tuned...

7 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

the reason behind why there was a need to indicate the need for a "True Market" price guide.  Perhaps I'll share some comics prices on this board and compare with the 1974 OPG to gain some insights as to the price differences between the two?

Perhaps this 'true Guide' was a measure of the Canadian back issue market?

If you had $33 to invest in 1974, what would you buy from the Crestohl ad? e.g. AF #15 nm $30 plus postage from Canada to USA, or the dirt common FF #48 nm 75c x 10 copies ($7.50), common FF #49 nm 75c x 10 copies ($7.50), FF #5 nm $10, X-men #1 nm $8. Sorry, no Hulk #181 on the mail order sale list, as too common.