• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells, or Why Can't We Just Give War a Chance
2 2

213 posts in this topic

Keystone Products Jingle Bells Shotgun Shells Christmas Lights

Image result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpgImage result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpg

WALL OF TEXT

Details: Welcome to my umpteenth annual Christmas War Thread.  I can't think of a better topic for Christmas than WAR!!!!  I'm going to do the Misc. titles/publishers, then the Marvels, and finish with the DCs.  The DCs will be by far the most plentiful.  And yes I know, some of those Misc. titles aren't exactly war books, but they are here by virtue of their parachute covers. Because I collect those as a theme cover collection.  And, it's my thread. :cool:

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise.  But, you still need to pay for it.  :rulez:  Postage is what it is, and it ain’t cheap.  I am totally up for whatever makes it cheap – first class boxed on one to two books, removing backboards, outer wells and inner wells.  I just can’t ship media mail.  My zip is 97630, so if you’re in the West Coast postal zone, stuff ships cheaper.   I also ship to frostbacks, ‘roids, jimmers ( :whatthe: ) and elsewhere in the world. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted.  2c

Minimum Merchandise Order:  None...., because it's Christmas - Even arrogantier. :ohnoez:

Agreements: Time payments are usually fine.  No H.O.S., P.O.S. or H.O.C. members, nor any puppy-kickers, poopy pants, boot and/or butt-lickers, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. :sumo: 

Grading: I have been in the hobby for almost 50 years..., yes, I am old.  :preach: If you see any glaring grading errors, please inform me via PM.  I try to be conservative, and have cracked about 400++ slabs.  However, I am not perfect..., in fact, my custom title explains it mostly. 

Mysterious Codex: URFC = Upper Right Front Cover; LRFC = Lower Right Front Cover; and you should be able to figure out the rest from there.

Return Policy: Yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description.

Caveats: I can’t seem to run a large thread like this without including a book I either previously sold or can no longer find – I apologize in advance for my lack thoroughness in this respect. However, since some wanker made a big stink about a situation like this with another seller in the probation thread, I feel I have to include this caveat.  Additionally, for some reason, my scanner seems to “add dirt” or “add foxing” to some of the back cover images – you can always ask what’s real and what’s scanner effect.  If a book has foxing, I usually, almost always point that fact out.

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  :takeit: 

How is my Grammar?  Call 1-800-....., Sorry, I don't care.

Kudos Thread?  I don't have one because they are stupid, worthless and weak.  Listen to this instead:

•  

RESERVED FOR RECRAP
(Watch your step...,)

MISC. WAR BOOKS

Page 1

Aces High 2 3.0 OW pages $18.  Cover and centerfold attached, rusty staples.  SOLD!
Aces High 3 3.0 OW pages $18.  Cover and centerfold attached, rusty staples.  Parachute cover! SOLD!
Aces High 4 3.0/3.5 OW pages $20. Major league spine roll and rusty staples.  SOLD!
Approved Comics (Flyboy) 5 CR to Tan pages 2.5 $15.  Gerber 4. Chippy and stainy, but complete.  Centerfold detach at bottom staple.  Parachute cover.
Battle 47 4.5+ CROW pages, $35
Battle Attack 1 2.5 CROW pages, $15.    Parachute cover!  Staples still attached!  SOLD!
Battle Front 46 3.0 CROW pages, $15
Captain Jet 4 2.0 $10.  Half the spine is split & chipped.  Parachute Cover!  SOLD!
Dopin’ Dan 2 8.0/8.5 (?) slightly OW pages $16. 
Fightin’ Marines 46 8.5+ crow pages $25. Stacking indent along spine BC, rumpling along top edge. Very nice copy of a great parachute cover!  HG Charltons???  Not easy to find!! SOLD!
Fight the Enemy 3
Deslabbed CGC 9.2 OW pages $65.  Date stamp FC.  Very nice copy – Kill a commie for yo Mommy.  (cracked out / removed from slab - label will be included)
Flying Nurses v2 #49 4.0 crow pages $30. Accumulation of wear + tanning halos inside covers. Appears way better under mylar.   SOLD!
Marines in Battle 10 4.0 ow pages $35. Chips off LLFC & top edge BC, dint through URFC/ULBC. Paratrooper cover – get some!!!
M.A.R.S. Patrol, Total War 4 8.0/8.5 $10.  Pinch at lower spine, one small moisture dot on BC.
Real Fact 1 CGC 6.5 crow pages $200.  Label notes “a very minor amount of glue on cover.”  First and only smokejumper cover, that I am aware of.  Fairly nice copy of a difficult book.
Real Fact 1 CGC 6.5 crow pages $200.  Label notes “a very minor amount of glue on cover.”  First and only smokejumper cover, that I am aware of.  Fairly nice copy of a difficult book.  Will actually come in a slab, unlike most of my other liberated CGC books.
Sad Sack 10  CROW 8.5 $10. Promotional military file copy, browning.  Parachute cover!
Strange Worlds 20 1.5 $9 One of those heavily distributor-inked all around copy.  Cover split except for one inch above top staple.  Classic redo of U.S. Paratroopers #1 cover.  SOLD!

PAGE 2

True Comics 22
4.0 Cream pages $13.  Sub-like crease FC, etc.
True Comics 30 3.5 cream pages, $12.   Parachute cover!  Stain, tears, creases, but complete.  1943!
U.S. Fighting Air Force 9 IW, OW/W pages 8.5, $15.  ¼” crease @ LRFC, tiny dent @ bottom center BC.  Rust transfer from another book near staples on BC. Parachute cover.  SOLD!
Wings 75 3.0 crow pages $35. Chippy spine, chips off URFC & LLBC, 2” tear BC.  Parachute cover!!! Bought this from one of the better dealers on eBay as a 4.0, which probably shows that I don’t know how to grade in the lower grades.  SOLD!
Wings 107 3.0 crow pages $25. Chips off LRFC and right edge FC. 1 ½” split @ bottom spine. FC has an iridescent sheen – failed cover reglossing effort??? Date stamp tattoo on girl’s knee – ouch. Parachute cover!!! Bought this from one of the better dealers on eBay as a 4.0, which probably shows that I don’t know how to grade in the lower grades.  SOLD!
With the U.S. Paratroops 3 5.0 OW/W pages $35. Spine wear, small tears BC, dark stain BC edge that goes into most interior pages – about 1” x ¼” at maximum. Arrival date written on FC.
With the U.S. Paratroops 5 3.5 OWW $20.  Paratrooper cover!

MARVEL WAR BOOKS

Sgt. Fury 3 5.0 ow/w pages $40.  Chipping @ edges, sunshadow bottom edge.  SOLD!
Sgt. Fury 6 6.0 ow pages $35. Spine wear, 2 ½” hard crease @ ULBC.

PAGE 3

Sgt. Fury 9 6.0/6.5 OW pages $35.  Oxidation on outer surface of staples.  Nice presenting mid-grade copy.  Hitler & Swastika cover!
Sgt. Fury 35 8.0+ slightly OW pages $20.  Wear at LRFC/LLFC areas, and dint to LRFC/LLBC, with ¼” hard crease at LLBC.  Flat and clean otherwise.
Sgt. Fury 42 8.0 OW pages, $15.  Looks much better, but dint @ LLFC/LRBC, very light scratch/crease through “Fury”.
Sgt. Fury 43 9.0 OW pages $25. A couple light spine tics and one bigger one above bottom staple – nice book!
Sgt. Fury 58 9.0 OW pages $17.  Tanning halo on inside covers.
Sgt Fury 64 9.0 structure with offwhite pages $25. Iconic Peace Symbol cover.  A few spine tics on a very clean, straight and glossy FC. Some discoloration & foxing spots BC. SOLD!
Sgt. Fury 88  9.0 white pages $25.  Diamond Sales Insert. Spine tics and ruffle @ URFC. FC very clean, white and glossy.
Sgt. Fury Annual 1 copy a 8.5/9.0 OW/W pages $70.  Nice copy!  Bump @ LRFC.
Sgt. Furious Special King-Size Annual 1 copy b 4.5 off white pages $8. Book curls up @ URFC & LRFC due to improper storage.  Foxing and hard crease at LLBC.
Sgt. Fury King-Size Special 3 9.0++ slightly ow pages $40.  Dirt streak BC on printer’s crease, “1-“ written in pencil BC.  All new content.

DC WAR BOOKS 

All American Men of War 53 6.0 LT/CROW pages $25.  Wear @ spine and bottom edge FC, dust shadows. Still, not a bad copy.
All American Men of War 88 4.0/4.5 OW/W pages $10.  Your basic VG/VG+ copy.

All American Men of War 90 7.0 OW pages $75.  Highly sought after Lichtenstein issue! Spine wear and small tear @ top spine BC. Some small creases at URFC. Very nice clean and white copy that appears better than the technical grade – great eye appeal. Hard to believe OSPG hasn’t broken out #s 89 or 90 yet.  SOLD!!!
All American Men of War 93 6.5 OW/W pages, $25.  Printer’s crease and other creases at LRFC – nice white copy, front & back!
All American Men of War 102 8.0+ CROW pages $40.  Parachute cover!
All American Men of War 105 cracked out CGC 8.0 OW pages $45.  Outstanding nice, white, clean copy that I would call 8.5, with props, and white pages.  Dent at bottom edge by LRFC.  Small tear and ½” crease at top spine BC, and some other NCB stuff.

PAGE 4

All American Men of War 105 copy b 6.5 $15. OW pages. Rounding @ corners, ncb wear.
All American Men of War 105 copy d deslabbed CGC 7.0 LTOW. $18 PQ looks CROW to me.
All American Men of War 105 copy e 7.5 CROW $25.  Rub at spine, slight crease @ URFC, slight sunshadow BC.  Bought as VF off the CGC Boards.
All American Men of War 106 8.0/8.5 white pages $42.  Nice white, clean copy.  Deep bends at lower mid spine FC, and LRBC.  I’m guessing this one is pressable, but what do I know.
All American Men of War 111 copy a 7.0/7.5 OW/W pages $30.  Awesome gray tone three panel cover!  Spine tics and thumbnail wear along open edge FC, with one small chip out.  Glossy FC.
All American Men of War 111 copy c 8.0 off-white pages $40.  Stress @ staple areas.   Clean and glossy copy – Beautiful gray-tone, three-panel cover.
All American Men of War 111 copy d 6.5 crow pages $13.  Spine stress, light crease to LRFC. Beautiful gray-tone, three-panel cover.
All American Men of War 114 CGC 7.0 OW/W pages $25.  I would call this 7.5/8.0 with white pages.  A couple spine tics and wear to LLFC, rounded corner at LRFC with micro crease, dirt rubbing BC.  The label says “Origin and 1st Appearance of Balloon Buster” – it might be the origin – note sure - but the first appearance is in AAMOW 112.  Here’s your chance to own a misprint CGC label

All American Men of War 115 7.0 OWW $15. Wear at spine for grade.
All American Men of War 116 8.5 OW pages $30.  Would be 9.0/9.2 except for thumbprints at right edge on FC
All American Men of War 117 6.5 $14.  Pages more W than OW, covers yellowing.
All Out War 5 7.5 white pages $4.  Small crease @ LRFC, teensy partial bend @ URFC, thumbnail @ center right FC.  OJ lurking on the back, waiting to get you. 
SOLD!
All Out War 6 7.0 white pages $4.  Crease @ LRFC. SOLD!
Army at War 1 9.2/9.4 slightly OW pages $15.
Battle Classics 1 9.2 W pages $12.  Chips @ spine tips.  Whitey-white covers. 
SOLD!
Blitzkrieg 1 8.0/8.5 slightly OW pages, $12.  Too many spine ticks to grade higher, but no creases.
Blackhawk 34 2.0 crow pages $12.  Chipping, moisture staining, rusty staples and 2” split at bottom spine.  Parachute Cover!  Complete. :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

PAGE 5

Brave and the Bold 84 8.5 slightly ow pages $40.  Spinner rack bends @ upper staple area, oxidation to lower staple, dints @ URFC.  Very nice, white and clean copy!  Sgt. Rock appears, and a Neal Adams cover!!!  Bane Karmic foreshadowing, as Batman breaks the Rock’s back???? 
SOLD!
Brave and the Bold 108 8.5 OW pages $15.  Bought from boardie as 9.2 – could press to that, however, stacking indent along FC spine.
Capt. Storm 2 7.5 off-white pages $22.  Centerfold detach bottom staple only, light sub-like crease bottom 1/3 FC, thumbnail center top edge FC.
Captain Storm 3 8.5+ OW pages $48.  Extra props for white, fresh FC/BC.  Subtract for spine ends and printing flaws near PT 47, and dint @ URFC/ULBC.
Capt. Storm 8 copy b 8.5/9.0 off-white pages $45.  dint @ LLFC and smaller dint at URFC/ULBC, rubbing/dirt BC.  Beautiful grey tone cover!
Capt. Storm 9 8.0 OW pages $32.  Nice white covers, distributor ink chipping @ ULFC, NCB rumpling @ LRFC.
Capt. Storm 10 8.0 white pages $32.  Nice white covers, deep bends @ spine, light crease at right edge FC.
Capt. Storm 11 9.0 off-white pages $45.  Couple spine stresses near top & bottom, 1/4” thumbnail near LRFC, 1/3” thumbnail near LLBC.  White and clean copy.
Capt. Storm 12 8.5+ off-white pages $40.  ½” thumbnail center right edge FC, some dirt/rubbing BC.
Capt. Storm 16 8.5+ off-white pages $40.  Bends @ center spine, wear at tip LLFC, teensy crease @ LRFC, dirt/rubbing BC.  Nice clean and white FC.
Capt. Storm 17 8.0+ ow/crow pages $30.  Spine wear with deep bend at bottom of spine, micro-dint @ LRFC, light bends top edge BC – looks way worse due to dirt/rubbing.  Nice, clean FC.

PAGE 6

Here there be @Funnybooks preversion
G.I. Combat 90 3.5 OW pages $40. Fourth Haunted Tank story.  Last 10 cent issue.
G.I. Combat 91 5.0? 5.5? off-white pages $125.  Greytone cover!  And, a nice example of the first Haunted Tank cover!!   Spine wear, creasing at LRFC, moisture stains bottom edge FC/BC.  Chip @ lower edge, now detached.  I was looking at book trying to tell if chip was glued in place due to the discoloration at the area, and it popped out.  Could not tell whether it was glued in place at one time or not, but discoloration makes me suspicious – cannot detect that there is any color touch.  Date stamp on back – October 12, 1961 for you Birthday book date stamp seekers.  Book comes with detached chip….,
G.I. Combat 112 6.5 crow pages $18.  Tanning halo to inside covers, dirty outside covers.  Date stamp & pence stamp FC -April 15, 1965 for your birthday date stamp seekers!]
G.I. Combat 119 6.0 OW pages $25. Spine rubbing wear and thumbnail creasing open edge FC, dirt/rubbing BC. Nice grey-tone cover!
G.I. Combat 120 6.0 off-white pages $12.  Spine stress, bump to URFC/ULBC – “Ramming Speed” cover!
G.I. Combat 125 Cracked out CGC 8.0 OW/W pages $44.  Pages are pretty white, very nice and glossy copy with deep, deep reds.  Comes with label, of course, which you can then forward to CGC to correct the Census….,
G.I. Combat 126 6.5 off-white pages $12.  Spine stress, corner bump LRFC/LLBC.  Glossy and clean covers.
G.I. Combat 128 4.0, OW $6.  Water stains at FC and BC – visible at tp edge of BC.  Feel the burn of this classic flamethrower cover!

G.I. Combat 139 7.0 white pages $15.  Rumple along lower right edge FC.  Wear to URFC.  Centerfold detach @ bottom staple.  Nice appearing copy for grade.
G.I. Combat 144 8.5 ow to crow pages $25.  Light crease & bump URFC/ULFC, light sunshadow ULFC. Stress upper staple area.  Very clean covers.  The way CGC grades these giants, could be a 9.0.
G.I. Combat 145 8.5 off-white pages $25.  1/3” hard crease @ URFC, ¼” light crease @ LRFC, sunshadow right edge FC.
G.I. Combat 149 9.0 white pages $33.  ¼” light crease @ LRFC, stress@ lower staple, some dirt lower edge BC.
G.I. Combat 151 9.0 white pages $33.  Couple spine stresses, light bend URFC, little dint @ LRFC.  Pretty clean copy.
G.I. Combat 152 8.5 off-white pages $25.  1 ¼” light crease @ date stamp – “16-12” – probably December 16, 1971 for you birthday date stamp collectors.  Some bends along top edge of BC, with 1/3” hard crease @ ULBC.  Fairly clean book.

G.I. Combat 153 8.5 OW pages, $22.  Slight spine roll, chip at lower spine.
G.I. Combat 154 8.0, white pages, small tears @ middle REFC, o/w VFNM.  Date stamp. $18
Here there be Hawt Dawg photos

PAGE 7

Here there be Canadian attempts at humor
G.I. Combat 156
9.2 white $22.  Couple spine tics.  Extremely fresh, white, clean and glossy copy.  Some light roller

G.I. Combat 163 9.0/9.2 OW pages $15. A little wear @ LLFC, a few spine tics, pressure dent from manufacture @ top staple FC.
G.I. Combat 167 6.0 OW pages $3.  Oxidation on staples exterior.
G.I. Combat 179 9.0+ white pages $15. Mild wear/micro-creasing @ LRFC. The fade in black spine line near DC logo is production related, and present on many, if not all copies. Pence stamp on FC.
G.I. Combat 190 8.5+ white pages $12. Bump @ ULFC/URBC, ruffling along top edge FC, medium ¾” crease @ ULBC. Just bought this as a 9.2 in a set of books where the rest were accurately graded, so your mileage may vary.
G.I. Combat 200 9.0/9.2 off-white pages $20.  NCB bends @ top edge FC & BC edges, spine is clean – nice and clean copy.
G.I. Combat 205 8.5 white pages $12. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 208 copy a 7.5 OW/W pages $5.  Deep bends upper staple, spine tip tears. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 208 copy b 8.5 slightly off white pages $12. Dint @ LLFC/LRBC, partial crease @LRFC, ruffling at top edges FC/BC, with a pressure dent BC. Printer’s creases FC/BC.  Still…., a pretty nice copy. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 209 6.0, white pages, $2.  Half inch spine split at bottom, crease @ LRFC, tiny stain @ “million Dollar Tank” box. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 224 copy a 8.5 off-white pages $12.  Misc. dents and stresses. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 224 copy b, deslabbed CGC 9.0 white pages $18.  Thumbnail @ right edge FC.  I bought and deslabbed this because I gave up on finding a nice raw copy. Then, three months later, I found a raw 9.2 copy. SOLD!
G.I Combat 227 9.2 whiteish pages $22. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 228 9.0, white pages, $14.  Nice BC!  Soft bend at LRFC. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 236 8.0 OW pages, $5.  Small tear & crease at LLFC, small crease @ ULBC. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 248 copy a 9.0, white pages, $9. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 248 copy b 9.0, white pages, $9. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 249 9.0/9.2 white pages $10. SOLD!

PAGE 8

G.I. Combat 252
9.0+ white pages $11.  Nice, white and clean! SOLD!
G.I. Combat 253 8.5/9.0, white pages, $7.  Dint at LRFC. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 254 7.5/8.0ish slightly off-white pages $5.  Deep bend above bottom staple, writing dents on BC left edge.  Otherwise, nice, clean copy. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 255 8.5/9.0 whiteish pages $9. ¾” crease @ ULBC, and a few spine tics. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 258 8.5 OW pages, $6. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 261 8.5/9.0 white pages $9. Slight bump at bottom spine, minor soft fold LRFC, thumbnail at middle of bottom edge FC. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 265 copy a 9.2 white pages, $9. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 265 copy b 8.5/9.0 white pages $7. SOLD!

These books are all on the Copper Age Satellite out in the Mixed sales forum:
Blackhawk Mini 2
9.0 W $1.  Great ‘historical’ Signal back cover illustration – love it!  Chaykin art.
Six Days Hard Cover $10 - The incredible story of D-Day’s Lost Chapter.  Small bump at URFC/ULBC.  Retail $24.99. Still in shrink wrap.
G.I. Combat 271 8.5 white pages, $10.  Most wear to BC.  Canadian price variant!  Whoop! Whoop!  One of you Frostbacks should repatriate it!
G.I. Combat 273 8.5/9.0 white pages, $5.  Slight bend & printer’s crease BC.

G.I. Combat 274 9.2 white pages $10.  A few spine tics – nice, clean and white. This was a keeper copy until I stumbled into nicer copy. SOLD!
G.I. Combat 275 8.5 slightly off-white pages $5.  Spine stress and light indent URFC/ULBC, stress @ DC logo.   SOLD!
G.I. Combat 281 7.0 white pages $1.  ½” creases @ URFC/LRFC, rumpling at Joe Kubert signature @ spine.
G.I. Combat 282 9.0+ white pages $7.  Looks nicer but NCB stuff.

These books are in the thread on page 8:

G.I. War 2 7.0 crow pages $ FREE with purchase! Chips @ right edge FC. War that Time Forgot story, with Dinosaur cover!!!
Men of War 9 9.0 white pages $4.  Light crease @ URFC, one spine tic.
Our Army at War 76 6.5/7.0 slightly OW pages $35.  Book looks 9.0 in the bag, but about 1” X 1 ½” moisture stain on FC @ aircraft wheel.  Still, a beautiful copy.
Our Army at War 141 7.0 slightly off-white pages $30.  2 ¾” crease at URFC – hard in middle, light at ends.  Extra staples from manufacture – cover wasn’t attached, so they stapled it on with an extra set.  Writing on FC, but not an arrival date.  Sunshadow/foxing BC, foxing @ LLFC.  With all that said, actually a pretty nice copy.
Our Army at War 162 8.0/8.5 slightly OW pages $45.  Thumbnail crease above DC Logo, printer’s creases @ LRFC/LLBC.  Viking Prince.
Our Army at War 173 7.0 crow pages $14. Foxing FC spine, BC, and interior covers. Classic beach obstacle cover – Ron Swanson approved.
Our Army at War 226 9.0 white pages, $20.  Teensy rust @ bottom staple.
Our Army at War 249 9.0 CROW pages $15

PAGE 9

Our Army at War 264 copy a 9.0 OW pages, $15.
Our Army at War 264 copy b 8.5 white pages $8.
Our Army at War 267 9.0 white pages, $15.  Top staple attached, despite appearances – downgraded from 9.2 because of this.
Our Army at War 275 9.0/9.2 slightly OW pages $50.  1/8” hard crease at ULBC, minor wear @ LLFC.
Our Army at War 293 9.2 CROW pages $9.  Intact chip @ LLBC, toning BC.
Our Fighting Forces 62 3.0 OW pages $9. Chip off LRFC. Pooch on a parachute cover – highly sought after! That pooch is a goofy mutt, and must have flunked H.S. Physics, as that parachute harness would never work.
Our Fighting Forces 77 7.0 OW pages $20.  Spine wear and intact chip LRFC.  Back cover pre-chipping, probably from dull printer’s knife, chip off @ LLBC.  Small stain on inside BC and last interior page – ½” X ½”.
Our Fighting Forces 82 7.0 OW pages $18. Slight spine roll w/ reader’s pinch @ center FC, small crease @ URFC, distributor overspray along top edge. Slight haloing inside covers.  Nice, clean presenting FC.
Our Fighting Forces 84 8.0 OW pages $35.  Light crease and microchip @ LRFC, teensy chip near URFC.  Dirt and/or ink transfer BC.  FC clean and bright!
Our Fighting Forces 89 6.0/6.5 ow pages $12.  Nice glossy copy.
Our Fighting Forces 90 7.0 slightly off white pages $15. Spine stress & wear along top edge, nick LR edge FC. Arrival date BC in pen – Christmas Eve 1964. Nice copy for the grade.
Our Fighting Forces 98 6.5 OW pages $10.  Bought as a VF- here.
Our Fighting Forces 138 9.0 slightly OW pages $25.  Minor dint at URFC/ULBC, spot on hull of submarine (1/8” X ¼”) – food residue?
Our Fighting Forces 139 9.0 OWW pages $25. 
Our Fighting Forces 152 9.0+ ow pages $7.  Spine tics, ½ “ dint @ center of FC.  Kirby art!
Our Fighting Forces 162 9.0 crow pages $12. Teensy wear @ spine tips, stacking indent along open edge BC. Kirby art.
Our Fighting Forces 176 9.0 OW pages $12.  Teensy crease @ URFC, couple of spine tics.
Sgt. Rock 303 8.5+ white pages, $9.  Dints to both ends of spine.
Sgt. Rock 304 9.0 OW pages $18.  Loss of gloss to covers.
Sgt. Rock 344 9.4 white pages $15.  White all over – very nice copy.

PAGE 10

Sgt. Rock 394
8.0+ OW/crow pages $3. Light ¼” crease @ URFC, hard spine tic in DC logo, light indent in “K” of Sgt Rock.
Sgt. Rock Annual 2 9.0 OW/crow pages $8. Rub or residue between “S” in Sgt Rock and side of cable car – 9.4 structure. 
SOLD!
Showcase 53 8.5 white pages $68.  GI Joe by Kubert! A couple of mid-spine cracks FC, and @ bottom spine BC.  Bundle tie dint at center bottom bc. Rub on tip of LRFC.  Very nice, white and clean copy!
Showcase 54 7.5/8.0 ow pages $38. GI Joe by Kubert!  Spine cracks for wear, sun(?) discoloration @ ULBC.  Fairly nice, white and clean FC.
Showcase 57 7.0 OW pages $55.  Fourth Enemy Ace.  Spine tics and thumbnails at outer edge FC. “1965” written in Comics Code stamp.
Showcase 58 2.0, CROW pages $4.  5th Enemy Ace.
Star Spangled War Stories 77 6.5 CROW pages, $40.  Tanning halo inside covers – beautiful lavender war cover!!
Star Spangled War Stories 96 3.5 OW pages $20. Bottom staple blown, black schmutz: minor FC, heavier BC. Early Dinosaur cover / War that Time Forgot story!
Star Spangled War Stories 106 7.0 lightly OW pages $45. Pencil arrival date @ URFC, that appears like someone tried to erase – a pretty nice, clean copy. Early Dinosaur cover / War that Time Forgot story!
Star Spangled War Stories 122 6.0 off white pages $15. Mostly spine wear FC, creases @ LLFC & a couple interior pages – flattened now. Tankers learn how much fun bath time can be with baby dinosaur!
Star Spangled War Stories 123 8.0/8.5 white pages $77.  Land that Time Forgot dinosaur series.  Slight foxing spine and BC. Date stamp on BC “SEP. 16 ENT’D”.  NCBC LLBC.  Really nice copy despite foxing.
Star Spangled War Stories 127 6.0 white pages $15. Slight spine roll, moisture stain @ LLFC/LRBC.  Beautiful, clean appearing copy in mylar. Bite the gun lil’ dinosaur cover!
Star Spangled War Stories 136 7.0+ white pages $46. Light creasing URFC/LRFC, bundle tie dint top edge, light foxing BC.  Nice, clean and glossy FC. War of the Dinosaurs cover!
:news: CONTEST!!! :news:  Name the dog and get 20% off your next book purchased!  :news: 

Star Spangled War Stories 139 8.0 white pages $40.  Origin Enemy Ace, and this would be the second appearance in SSWS, and the seventh appearance overall.  Just a stupendous series, with awesome Joe Kubert art!
Star Spangled War Stories 139 Deslabbed CGC 9.0 OW/W $95.  Origin of Enemy Ace.  I was the one that cracked out the 9.2 that DavidTheDavid recently sold – I thought this copy was better than the 9.2.
Star Spangled War Stories 144 9.0/9.2 whitey-white pages $90. Beautiful whites on FC. Neal Adams cover, but what the heck? Some French guy accosting Enemy Ace while he’s taking care of business behind a gravestone? Reminds me of the Phantom Stranger 33 cover – maybe it’s a new collectible theme in covers?
Star Spangled War Stories 146 7.5, $20.  White pages.  Special Issue!
Star Spangled War Stories 148 copy a 9.0, $35 – OW pages.
Star Spangled War Stories 148 copy b 7.5 $15, W pages, crease ULBC - Schatzi skydives without parachute...,

PAGE 11

Star Spangled War Stories 149 8.5 ow/w $30.  Presents better from front, small pull BC on “n” in “racing.”  Other company’s grade, label included.  Very nice, white and clean!  Will come with label.  Joe Kubert bi-plane cover!!!
Star Spangled War Stories 168 9.0 white pages $25. Bends at upper staple, teensy dint @ LRFC. Recently released from a DC 3-Pack.  Really nice, glossy, white copy.
Star Spangled War Stories 187 9.0 OW pages $13.  Spine tics for grade – Cool cover!
Unknown Soldier 249 9.2, W, $12
Unknown Soldier 253 9.2 white pages $12.  Distributor overspray FC/BC, slight bump to LRFC/LLBC.  More Enemy Ace.
Unknown Soldier 254 9.2 white pages $12.  First appearance of Capt. Fear by Walt Simonson.
Weird War 23 8.5+ whiteish pages $15. Too much spine ticcage for me to call 9.0.
Weird War 69 6.5 whiteish pages $3. Moderate to heavy spinner rack bends @ upper staple area, lots of crinkles/folds top BC.
Weird War 103 9.2 white pages $20. Slight stacking indent along spine FC, slight NCB bottom edge FC. Clean and white.
Weird War 106 9.2 white pages $20. Slight, very light, NCB bend @ diagonal starting in DC logo area & running through title

END

Edited by lizards2

Aces High 2 3.0 OW pages $18.  Cover and centerfold attached, rusty staples. :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

aceshigh2.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=b aceshigh2bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit

Edited by lizards2

Aces High 3 3.0 OW pages $18.  Cover and centerfold attached, rusty staples.  Parachute cover!  :news: SOLD!!!  :news: 

aceshigh3.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=b aceshigh3bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit

Edited by lizards2

Aces High 4 3.0/3.5 OW pages $20. Major league spine roll and rusty staples. Spectacular bi-plane cover by the spectacular George Evans!!! :news:  Sold!?!  :news: 

aces4.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bound aces4bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bou

Edited by lizards2

Approved Comics (Flyboy) 5 CR to Tan pages 2.5 $15.  Gerber 4. Chippy and stainy, but complete.  Centerfold detach at bottom staple.  Parachute cover.
Approved5.jpg

Approved5bc.jpg

Battle Attack 1 2.5 CROW pages, $15.    Parachute cover!  Staples still attached!  :news:  SOLD!!! :news: 
BattleAttack1.jpg?width=590&height=370&f BattleAttack1bc.jpg?width=590&height=370

Edited by lizards2

Captain Jet 4 2.0 $10.  Half the spine is split & chipped.  Parachute Cover! :news: SOLD!!!:news:

captjet4.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bocaptjet4bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=

Edited by lizards2

Dopin’ Dan 2 8.0/8.5 (?) slightly OW pages $17.  Bought as NM from EggsActly before he passed.  I should have inspected it – light foxing line down open edge FC, small chip at LLFC, rusty staples with virtually no migration to cover/pages.  Parachute cover!  Comes with the little strips of paper he left in the bag, notating the date and the grade he gave it.
Dopindan2.jpg

Dopindan2bc.jpg

Fightin’ Marines 46 8.5+ crow pages $25. Stacking indent along spine BC, rumpling along top edge. Very nice copy of a great parachute cover!  HG Charltons???  Not easy to find!!  :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

FightinMar47.jpg?width=590&height=370&fi FightinMar47bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&

Edited by lizards2

Fight the Enemy 3 Deslabbed CGC 9.2 OW pages $65.  Date stamp FC.  Very nice copy – Kill a commie fo yo Mommie.  (cracked out / removed from slab - label will be included)
FTE3cgc9.2.jpg

FTE3cgc9.2bc.jpg

Flying Nurses v2 #49 4.0 crow pages $30. Accumulation of wear + tanning halos inside covers. Appears way better under mylar.  Parachutes, fires, tragedy…., and hunks!  This one has it all!!  :news: SOLD!!!:news:

flynurse49.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=flynurse49bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fi

Edited by lizards2

Marines in Battle 10 4.0 ow pages $35. Chips off LLFC & top edge BC, dint through URFC/ULBC. Paratrooper cover – get some!!!

Mar_in_Bat10.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

Mar_in_Bat10bc.jpg?width=1920&height=108

M.A.R.S. Patrol, Total War 4 8.0/8.5 $10.  Pinch at lower spine, one small moisture dot on BC.
marspatrol4.jpg

marspatrol4bc.jpg

Real Fact 1 CGC 6.5 crow pages $200.  Label notes “a very minor amount of glue on cover.”  First and only smokejumper cover, that I am aware of.  Fairly nice copy of a difficult book.  Will actually come in a slab, unlike most of my other liberated CGC books.

RF1cgc6.5.jpg

RF1cgc6.5b.jpg

RFcgc6.5bc2.jpg

RFcgc6.5bc.jpg
RF1cgc6.5L.jpg