• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Steve Rude Art From Your Personal Collection
1 1

33 posts in this topic

I've started a few of these threads and people seem to like them. I figured I'd do another one for Steve Rude while I patiently wait to find a piece of his for myself to own. Please feel free to share commissions, interiors, covers, prelims, paintings etc. from your own collection so that we can all enjoy the dude's art!

Steve is best known for his work on Nexus and other independent titles but he's also an accomplished painter.   I own this classical painting titled "Men and Venus" which also has a cool home video on YouTube showing him painting it with help from his young daughter (who takes a few brush strokes) while Steve gives seasoned tips for aspiring artists.  Lots of insights into Steve's unique artistry and background.  It's a fun and fairly inexpensive Steve Rude piece compared to published pieces but certainly one with tremendous appeal.   Steve provided the prelim shown in the video along with the final painting.  Enjoy!

YouTube link:  Steve Rude Painting in Progress - Mars and Venus

1972294253_SteveRudePainting-VenusDisarmingMars(Framed).thumb.jpg.6ecb052a19779a9423167e18b61c7698.jpg

1358101368_SteveRudeMarsVenuspainting-YouTube.thumb.jpg.ea572f542191b4214ecc5bd552e9a4ff.jpg

Rude is someone whom I've come to appreciate more and more over the years.  Obviously he's a very solid artist, but one of the things that I most respect about his work is his ability to tell a story through a panel page.  The posts above are great examples of this.

Edited by ShallowDan