• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Steve Rude Art From Your Personal Collection
1 1

33 posts in this topic

I have a few questions from our fellow collectors that I was hoping you could help me out with. 

1. How often does the dude open up his commissions list? What is the best way to be alerted? Through his news letter?

2. Does he parse out his non nexus interior original art or is likely all his Marvel/DC stuff already gone/sold? I saw a bunch of old stuff on CAF posted for sale by him eons ago, which I’m sure are no longer available (since it isn’t available from his online store with the rest of his original art). It just seems shocking based on how many pages the entirety of that work makes up only a small fraction are owned by CAF members. Not that that site is a definitive document for all who own OA, but I do feel like it can give you a decent idea...

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

On 12/13/2020 at 9:29 AM, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I have a few questions from our fellow collectors that I was hoping you could help me out with. 

1. How often does the dude open up his commissions list? What is the best way to be alerted? Through his news letter?

2. Does he parse out his non nexus interior original art or is likely all his Marvel/DC stuff already gone/sold? I saw a bunch of old stuff on CAF posted for sale by him eons ago, which I’m sure are no longer available (since it isn’t available from his online store with the rest of his original art). It just seems shocking based on how many pages the entirety of that work makes up only a small fraction are owned by CAF members. Not that that site is a definitive document for all who own OA, but I do feel like it can give you a decent idea...

He has OA and commissions available on his website, steverude.com

Edited by SuperBird

Thanks, that’s what I was referring to. The frequency in which he opens up his list on his site, since it’s closed currently (except for paintings). As far as the OA goes, I was wondering whether all the old Marvel/DC interiors are gone forever and sold off  or if he still has some that he trickles out? Currently, it seems to almost unanimously be Nexus pages left on his site.

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

This thread reminded me I needed a Rude piece. Started reading Nexus last year, and love it. So I ordered this cover from his website. Gotta say, one of the easiest transactions I’ve had. Ordered Sunday night, got a thank you email from Jaynelle Monday as well as shipping confirmation with tracking, and I had the art Wednesday. Even came framed, which I was not expecting. Would not hesitate to deal with them again. 

BBB202CC-0DAC-4A30-9D11-F3EB4696706B.jpeg

On 12/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I've started a few of these threads and people seem to like them. I figured I'd do another one for Steve Rude while I patiently wait to find a piece of his for myself to own. Please feel free to share commissions, interiors, covers, prelims, paintings etc. from your own collection so that we can all enjoy the dude's art!

My one and only Steve Rude piece:

4212AA7E-A029-403A-A3E3-21B94E481AF6.jpeg