• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Light Creasing to cover...
2 2

5 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Pizzafist said:

Is the Grader Note... "Very Light Creasing to Cover" ... Is that something that have should have been removed in PRESSING?

pics would help to determine extent of creasing

Edited by Funnybooks

9 hours ago, Pizzafist said:

Is the Grader Note... "Very Light Creasing to Cover" ... Is that something that have should have been removed in PRESSING?

No, not necessarily.  Creases can damage the paper, be pressed flat but still be visible. This is especially common in white and light colored areas. White is the absence of color. So you never see "breaks color" with a crease in white areas. Sometimes creases noted in the graders notes do break color - but the graders don't describe it - only note the crease. 

If you are not actually looking at the book but only the graders notes, you need to wait and look at the book.  Pressing can only make something flat. It cannot  fix damaged paper, even if the crease doesn't break color. Damaged paper will still be visible. Just flat. 

6 hours ago, Tony S said:

No, not necessarily.  Creases can damage the paper, be pressed flat but still be visible. This is especially common in white and light colored areas. White is the absence of color. So you never see "breaks color" with a crease in white areas. Sometimes creases noted in the graders notes do break color - but the graders don't describe it - only note the crease. 

I think this is what happened with a book I bought.  I got a great deal on a CGC 6.0 that had JUST been slabbed a month ago, and noticed some creases on the back cover.  The book had been pressed, so I assume the original owner had hoped those creases would have been fixed and resulted in a hgher grade.. 

Unfortunately the creases are still visible, and I got a slabbed book for $25!  Which  is less than he paid to have it pressed/graded! lol

Edited by StreetPreacher