• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOLIDAY CHARITY THREAD - A Strange Tale (and an X-Men, and a Frazetta...) for a strange year -- CLOSED W/ OVER $1500 RAISED!!!
3 3

72 posts in this topic

A “we’re under 24 hours” bump.  Who says cats and dogs can’t get along?

F3652389-FE5D-4CCE-8FC1-545FDE131B72.thumb.jpeg.e7905552c60a98897eb529beba4e992d.jpeg

They had a weight differential of about 105 pounds but would still regularly snuggle up. 

As of now, our total and leaderboard remains the same.  Hopefully we can run it a bit higher between now and SNF!

On 12/9/2020 at 6:27 PM, mattn792 said:

My old buddy Tank woke up when he heard that the books in jb's thread sold, bringing our total up to $601.99 after 48 hours.  

296876665_Tanksit-up.thumb.JPG.3037381791c353920c44134466530b5f.JPG

Unfortunately I haven't been able to own any ferrets for several years due to my wife's substantial allergies to them.  Have you ever put on a jacket, picked up one of your pet ferrets, let him lay on the jacket sleeve real quick, driven 25 minutes, had your significant other slightly brush her arm on that same sleeve, and see her arm immediately break out?  Because I have.  Never would have believed it was possible if I didn't see it happen in real time.

Our top three up to this point remains SkOw, Funnybooks, and comcav. 

Folks, you have a chance to beat the takebot for a change!  :baiting:

Hmmmm, I don’t know your wife, but that would be a tough decision. 

(Look who wonders why he’s single)

5 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

We arrived home from Mass last night and, as usual, were greeted by our 'Sammy' as if we had just returned from war (joke borrowed from Jim Gaffigan).  As I was getting supper ready, I could here this crunching sound coming from the family room.  Peeking over the table, I saw this sight: Sam had decided he was going to open one of his Christmas gifts early.  What was amazing about it was that a) he knew which gift to grab under the tree, b) he waited for us to return home, and c) he successfully and skillfully unwrapped his new toy (he's done this in previous years as well so he's mastered it). Inspiration for a donation for sure: $150.00 for the cause.

20201212_182027_resized.jpg

20201212_182045_resized.jpg

20201213_112354_resized.jpg

Well done sir!!

7 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

We arrived home from Mass last night and, as usual, were greeted by our 'Sammy' as if we had just returned from war (joke borrowed from Jim Gaffigan).  As I was getting supper ready, I could here this crunching sound coming from the family room.  Peeking over the table, I saw this sight: Sam had decided he was going to open one of his Christmas gifts early.  What was amazing about it was that a) he knew which gift to grab under the tree, b) he waited for us to return home, and c) he successfully and skillfully unwrapped his new toy (he's done this in previous years as well so he's mastered it). Inspiration for a donation for sure: $150.00 for the cause.

I knew I liked you for some reason... ;)  Cheers and Happy Holidays to fuzzy loved ones everywhere!

As we approach kickoff time for the early slate, let's update our tally:

With our new additions in this thread and a PM I received, we are currently sitting at $971.99.  My friends, I had no idea what to expect when I kicked this off initially, and the fact that we're on the verge of 4 figures is just incredible!  

Our leaderboard is also due an update: 

#1 - The pm I received was for $200.  Assuming that sticks in the top three, I will tag that member after the thread closes per the rules I laid out.

#2 - BuscemasAvengers

#3 - SkOw

On 12/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, Comcav said:

Rarely do I advocate this position... but beat the Takebot!

I have long said said that I’m twice the man than takebot is, if in fact he is still a man at all.  I think this kind old soul said it best to describe him: 

OYZH.gif 

So with that claim on the table, I double my donation to $202!!!

I doubt there is anyone on these boards man enough to beat that......

49 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

That's what I'm talking about! Hedoublehockeysticks yeh!

8 minutes ago, SkOw said:

I have long said said that I’m twice the man than takebot is, if in fact he is still a man at all.  I think this kind old soul said it best to describe him: 

OYZH.gif 

ComCav was once a man, now, he's been assimilated...Borg-Queen.png

10 minutes ago, SkOw said:

OYZH.gif 

You are really enjoying this a great deal, so... WOW, OH NOES HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE COME UP WITH $202!  YOU ARE THE MAN!

Happy  to see you beat me for a good cause.  Cheers.