• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOLIDAY CHARITY THREAD - A Strange Tale (and an X-Men, and a Frazetta...) for a strange year -- CLOSED W/ OVER $1500 RAISED!!!
3 3

72 posts in this topic

Well folks, with buddy2's contribution and a pm I received, we now have a tie atop the leaderboard:

buddy2 and the pm'er are both at $225

SkOw is in third at $203.

I'm in the midst of trying to drum up a creative tie breaker for if we do end up with any ties.

11 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Well folks, with buddy2's contribution and a pm I received, we now have a tie atop the leaderboard:

buddy2 and the pm'er are both at $225

SkOw is in third at $203.

I'm in the midst of trying to drum up a creative tie breaker for if we do end up with any ties.

I’m raising to 225 for the sole reason that I want to see how creative you can be. lol

1 minute ago, SkOw said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. This thread is bittersweet for me, as it was started on December 7, which was the two-year anniversary of our golden retriever Rocky’s death. He wasn’t my pet, he was my four-legged child.  I still miss him all the time. He was a rescue but he really saved me. I take a lot of joy in knowing that this thread is supporting his peeps to have a chance too. 

5064EA97-605B-47FA-B64E-A44C0C18CDAB.thumb.jpeg.5706fa0cf106f7cea69499c786a7d0c0.jpeg3BC9BD53-DDCF-4BCF-AFD3-63999627EE69.thumb.jpeg.25bc262f2baea94e4f004956cdd50f90.jpegECDA111A-C222-4C99-9B43-B527636264B0.thumb.jpeg.3000d629f19160c4ad994ca97b98bb4e.jpeg

Gorgeous, Matt!

Please check my tally and Excel's math (I've decided to double my initial contribution), but I dare say this was a roaring success!

590134760_threadtally.png.b9a798f239add1d0a5a4933ec67be9cd.png

As we see, our final leaderboard is:

1 - @BuscemasAvengers

2 - @buddy2

3 - @SkOw

Dinner is in a few minutes, so I will start sending pm's in earnest after I've eaten.  But for now a couple notes:

- The pm donation I received was requested to go straight to Best Friends, so that member donated directly.  I will post that receipt shortly.

- I will cover the round up of our remaining $1,320.99 to $1,322, meaning both charities will receive $661.  What an incredible effort, I'm absolutely thrilled and incredibly grateful with how this thread went!

- @BuscemasAvengers, its your pick!  Let us all know which book you'd like!

Edited by mattn792

16 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Please check my tally and Excel's math (I've decided to double my initial contribution), but I dare say this was a roaring success!

590134760_threadtally.png.b9a798f239add1d0a5a4933ec67be9cd.png

As we see, our final leaderboard is:

1 - @BuscemasAvengers

2 - @buddy2

3 - @SkOw

Dinner is in a few minutes, so I will start sending pm's in earnest after I've eaten.  But for now a couple notes:

- The pm donation I received was requested to go straight to Best Friends, so that member donated directly.  I will post that receipt shortly.

- I will cover the round up of our remaining $1,320.99 to $1,322, meaning both charities will receive $661.  What an incredible effort, I'm absolutely thrilled and incredibly grateful with how this thread went!

- @BuscemasAvengers, its your pick!  Let us all know which book you'd like!

I already have my grail in this thread, the defeat of takebot!!!!!

Not sure how this works but if I get a book let someone else have it. Better yet actually, why don’t you do an auction for it and add it to the total :baiting:

Just now, Funnybooks said:

The power of love and these boards!

I’m proud to be associated with all of you guys.

And I’m no longer completely embarrassed to be associated with you. lol(thumbsu

Thanks buddy.