• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2021 collecting goals?
4 4

106 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, piper said:

I'm horrified about the pricing on XM1's right now.  I may have to sell a kidney to get an entry level copy.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I had a nice 2.5, and seeing what it would cost me to replace it...whooo boy.

There was an absolute beater on FB marketplace a month or so ago. $1700. Cover was completely detached and split, spots all over the back, and I thought "No way, can't do it." Now I look at what .5's are selling for and I think I missed out. INSANITY.

22 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Collect Precode Pumpkin covers. I’ve already started in late November with the Tick Tock so I’m on my way. The Little Lulu just came in today! :banana:

Tick Tock Tales # 23.JPG

So what you are saying is next year you will be smashing pumpkins. hm 

Now not sure whether to make a musical or Gallagher reference.  (shrug)Pumpkin201-79-1478013999.jpg.37821799cfc27ddd6715ebcbcee94052.jpg

Either way those are both awesome covers. Congratulations!

14 hours ago, Jayman said:

Collect Precode Pumpkin covers. I’ve already started in late November with the Tick Tock so I’m on my way. The Little Lulu just came in today! :banana:

Tick Tock Tales # 23.JPG

Marge's Little Lulu Vol.1 # 40.jpg

Those are awesome!

2021 Goals

1) Get caught up on reading my massive backlog

2) Thin out the collection a bit by selling a few titles

3) Reduce my Four Color Series II want list to below 50 (It'll be just over 100 at the end of 2020)

4) Finish off a dozen or so titles on my want list (there are a bunch where I only need 5 issues or fewer)

On 12/9/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jayman said:

Tick Tock Tales # 23.JPG

Marge's Little Lulu Vol.1 # 40.jpg

Love those!

I love Halloween covers and have a lot of those pumpkin covers!

Edited by Robot Man

A few ramblings on Saturday Morning...

I’m going to take some Gold and turn it into Silver!

On my 2021 list are Hulk 1, XM1, and Avengers 1. I certainly won’t pick up all 3 and may not get any of them.

When March 2020 began, I certainly didn’t plan on putting my ASM run back together or collecting Vampirella, but then the World changed. Both goals kept me “moderately” sane during these weird times.

I’ve been curating my collection a little bit and trying to focus it a bit more. In 2020, I was able to turn GA into TTA 27, ST 110, and BA 12. These were all books that I procrastinated on purchasing for a handful of years.

That will continue into 2021. There just doesn’t seem be enough focus with my GA Books. I must admit that I’m looking forward to thinning the herd some more.

After paying off and acquiring X-Men 1 next month, I guess it’ll be time to buckle down and focus on finishing the run up to 144. So first goal will be a #4, then work my way through the remaining keys I’m missing. 

I say every year that I’m going to do this, so we will see (:

On 12/8/2020 at 8:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This year I have only one book I really want to find . I have had several in the past and let them go, which i really regret.

Superman The Wedding Album RRP.. 

Other than that I plan on get a LOT more of my current collection graded. 

Ok. It turns out that after saying this, i finally found one from a guy on Instagram. A deal was made and this showed up today. :cloud9:scan0222.thumb.jpg.da56a2a3d557452c9393f2b4ec1dbffb.jpgscan0223.thumb.jpg.b41b365c0a97112649eb3de8c90188f7.jpg

so with this addition I will now mainly be focusing on getting more of my current collection graded. (thumbsu

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Having to keep fix these pictures..

On 12/8/2020 at 5:29 PM, wisbyron said:

I'd like to get all of the 1966 Golden Record reprint editions. I had a couple and sold them last year and now I want them all at once! Besides that, yeah I'd like to attend Baltimore Comic Con and the Big Apple Con (but understand and support why I wasn't able to this year) and basically build up my lower-level Silver Age and a lot of Bronze Age stuff. Personally, I'd like to get the majority of everything put out in 1986-1987 for purely sentimental reasons. But the Golden Record reprints are my primary goal and I'm going to start, one by one, in January. 

That's a great set.  I finished the set last year.  Most expensive is the ASM.  Least is the AV4.  It's a fun set.  Good Luck!  

2021 collecting goals = start my 2020 collecting goals. 

Nothing major as I see it.  My side hustle took a hit this year, so disposable comics money has been slashed.  

I am going to try and complete as much of the Punisher runs from the mini-series, to the 1980's-1990's self titled, war journal and war zone stuff.   Once you get a few out of the way, most are still wallowing in the dollar box. 

It's always fun to see fellow collector's goals. 

For me personally, I need to stay more focused on what's most important to me. I strayed too much in 2020. 

Top goals for 2021:

Finish my X-Men 1-300 run minus reprints. 16 left but unfortunately need all of the biggies - 1, 2, 3 and 4. A few rough ones in there too that need upgrades but they play second fiddle to issues I don't currently have. 

Make headway on my ASM 1-400 run. 18 left. I'd like to check off at least 5 books. 

Sell a few short boxes worth of stuff.