• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2021 collecting goals?
4 4

106 posts in this topic

I'm looking to keep filling out my AA run. Two books I'd particularly like to pickup in high grade this year are All-American Men of War 9 and Hero for Hire 1. If I also manage to snag some cool PCH along the way, all the better.

I'm also in the process of transitioning all my poly bag books into mylites and snapping pictures of them as I go. Not sure I'll finish this in 21, but I'd like to make a dent.

I didn’t complete my goal for 2020. :sorry:

I will keep focused on that, and I’m sure a few more distractions. Also thinking of dropping some graded title goals from a decade ago. :frown:

Best wishes to everyone with their goals for 2021 (thumbsu

Edited by nepatkm
2020 kind of sucked. 👎

Newbie here, very cool annual tradition! Nothing major for me as I'm still learning a lot:

•  Make some more headway filling out the 1987 Wonder Woman run (#1 - #226) that started with George Perez. Still got a ways to go with 25+ issues left.
  • Run my first sales thread on the boards! (I've got mostly Copper/Modern raws)
  • Decide on the best way to display my favorite slabs (thinking of going the J-Channel/Rails on the wall route)

Interesting and very cool goals to read about from everyone. Best of luck with them in 2021 all!

Finishing up my Punisher Pre 1987 registry set in 9.8 white pages.  Just need 3 more books; ASM 134, 202 and Spectacular Spider-Man 79.

Also Punisher 1986 Limited series:

Canadian Price Variant set in 9.8, just need #1 and #3.

Newsstand run in 9.8, need all five books.

Signature series run in 9.8, need #1,#3 and #4.

Direct edition set in 9.8, need #2.

the knowledge is value. it has always been, to me. the $ have never been 1st for me. 

value is the original item, not doctored, not known for availability, not hyped for the benefit of the $ market, and not a slave piece that depends on supply and demand, and that is a real condition rarity.

the best example i can give as to what i mean by value, is the philatelic and numismatic hobby, especially in the u.s. the pieces that are sought as a grail and priced accordingly, do not offer the value that so many other not hyped pieces from the u.s. and other countries and history do.

the u.s. 1909 svdb 1 cent coin is an example of value, as i interpret value, that isn't. 

it is not the big ticket item that holds attention for me. the big ticket item usually has been researched to a level that the condition rarity historical value is a known factor. it is not $ value i am referring to.

i understand there is something wrong with me. i can't help it.:blush:

12 minutes ago, wilbil said:

the knowledge is value. it has always been, to me. the $ have never been 1st for me. 

value is the original item, not doctored, not known for availability, not hyped for the benefit of the $ market, and not a slave piece that depends on supply and demand, and that is a real condition rarity.

the best example i can give as to what i mean by value, is the philatelic and numismatic hobby, especially in the u.s. the pieces that are sought as a grail and priced accordingly, do not offer the value that so many other not hyped pieces from the u.s. and other countries and history do.

the u.s. 1909 svdb 1 cent coin is an example of value, as i interpret value, that isn't. 

Gotcha with your first words! (thumbsu

Haven't dabbled with my coin collection in probably 35 years or so but I remember as a kid the Victor D Brenner was a must have for me! :cloud9:

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

Gotcha with your first words! (thumbsu

Haven't dabbled with my coin collection in probably 35 years or so but I remember as a kid the Victor D Brenner was a must have for me! :cloud9:

lol correct. i can not think of even one coin collector (:blush:) that  did not start off as the 8-9 yr. old novice that didn't want the svdb, and for the most part, wanted it because it was hyped in a comic ad, that they read and also collected. circles and circles.

To find an original owner collection, small - large, with some nice surprises in the lot.  Searching is as much fun as owning, and enjoyable as passing along a few to new owners.  Made one road trip this year, would like to make many more this coming year.  A couple of books to pursue: Superman 2 or Batman 2.