• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can this crease be pressed out ?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Are you pressing these books yourself?

No Joey. I am selling the book. I've had it for years and I"m not willing to send a single magazine size book to CGC because of shippiong costs. Not worth it

2 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

No Joey. I am selling the book. I've had it for years and I"m not willing to send a single magazine size book to CGC because of shippiong costs. Not worth it

Understood. I feel for you guys outside the US border. Shipping costs take a huge bite out of your profits. 

4 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Understood. I feel for you guys outside the US border. Shipping costs take a huge bite out of your profits. 

That's why I asked if it was presssable so that the buyer knows if it can be fixed.

It's not an obvious answer to me since I don't press haha

9 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

That's why I asked if it was presssable so that the buyer knows if it can be fixed.

It's not an obvious answer to me since I don't press haha

It’s hard to get that crease out 100% due to the thickness of the cover. 

For what it's worth....  I don't think that crease will affect the grade as much as one might think, because that is a common production defect on that book that I think CGC is aware of based on numerous other slabbed copies I've seen that have this crease.  I actually owned two copies of this book, bought from a closed down shop's storage unit recently.  Both copies had this exact same crease.  I ended up selling both copies raw.  Anyway, although it's a semi-significant defect, I suspect CGC might be a little easier than usual on grading since it's a production defect.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, DS Comics said:

For what it's worth....  I don't think that crease will affect the grade as much as one might think, because that is a common production defect on that book that I think CGC is aware of based on numerous other slabbed copies I've seen that have this crease.  I actually owned two copies of this book, bought from a closed down shop's storage unit recently.  Both copies had this exact same crease.  I ended up selling both copies raw.  Anyway, although it's a semi-significant defect, I suspect CGC might be a little easier than usual on grading since it's a production defect.

Thanks for input, if its a 9.4 or 9.6 it might be worth it since I bought it a cover price. A 9.8 sold for about 600$ on ebay a few days ago ! Nostalgia fever !