• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, Qvuong311 said:

Schedule for grading: 2/1/21

Type: Bulk (no subs)

Delivered: 11/20/20

Received: 12/1/20

Status as of 1/15/21: still in "Received" (it's been 30 business days)

Still Scheduled for grading: 2/16/21

Edited by Qvuong311
Needed to add more information

34 minutes ago, Qvuong311 said:

Type: Bulk (no subs)

Delivered: 11/20/20

Received: 12/1/20

Status as of 1/15/21: still in "Received" (it's been 30 business days)

Still Scheduled for grading: 2/16/21

So at this current rate my bulk order that was received 12/4 I'll maybe get it back in june??

1 hour ago, Jadhu108 said:

suddenly the advantage over PSA goes poof...

I can get 3 bulk or even standard (which PSA doesn't even do right now) submissions back from CGC in the time it takes PSA to return one, even with the longer times.  They got slammed ahead of the price changes; I bet it levels out in the next couple of weeks.

29 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Not sure if being sarcastic but PSA wait times are around 7-9 months. CGC is 2-3 months tops. Even quicker with standard or economy.

sort of, but not really. 
see the comment i quoted for context.

29 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I mean, his comment isn't reality. He won't be waiting until June. His wait is almost over.

If someones bulk was submitted in december, it will probably come back this month.

I dunno what is up with these forums but it just is a lightning rod for crazy people. I get its in the internet but some people are just nuts. In some of these peoples worlds, they expect turn around times to be 1 hour, to get all perfect 10s, and to get a credit of 1000 free grades. I really need to get off here lol

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

If someones bulk was submitted in december, it will probably come back this month.

I dunno what is up with these forums but it just is a lightning rod for crazy people. I get its in the internet but some people are just nuts. In some of these peoples worlds, they expect turn around times to be 1 hour, to get all perfect 10s, and to get a credit of 1000 free grades. I really need to get off here lol

I think in a perfect world, all the graders would have shielded cards they already possess from getting bumped out to longer grading times. It definitely sucks to have the TAT listed go from 30 to 60 right when yours hit their mailbox. I got lucky on my last bulk submission to be right at the end of the timeframe when they jumped, so it didn't faze me. I'll be curious to see if they can stick to the timeframes they have committed to now. I could see bulk and economy getting a little further out, just so they can keep their higher tiers cruising. I doubt anyone would have predicted the demand the grading companies have faced; the meetings at PSA must be really rough these days as they see their market share get nibbled on and the 'easy 10' reputation starting to take hold. 

13 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I think in a perfect world, all the graders would have shielded cards they already possess from getting bumped out to longer grading times. It definitely sucks to have the TAT listed go from 30 to 60 right when yours hit their mailbox. I got lucky on my last bulk submission to be right at the end of the timeframe when they jumped, so it didn't faze me. I'll be curious to see if they can stick to the timeframes they have committed to now. I could see bulk and economy getting a little further out, just so they can keep their higher tiers cruising. I doubt anyone would have predicted the demand the grading companies have faced; the meetings at PSA must be really rough these days as they see their market share get nibbled on and the 'easy 10' reputation starting to take hold. 

Even 60 days isnt that bad though. If anything, 30 sounds too good to be true for bulk since everywhere else is way longer. The only company (well more like 1 guy) that is faster is gma and gma is 40 days and their resale value is way lower than anywhere else.

It could be people submitting like crazy before the price changes that is backing things up. Its not sustainable the longer wait times. And since CGC cards only deals with 2 games and not sports or anything else, I dont see it getting any crazier.

And so far with various ebay listings, psa 10s still are worth alot and have premiums, but the wait time and risk to get 10s cancels itself out. People seem to buy the label and not the card sometimes. Its like how the jankiest bgs black label 10s are expensive even when the card is no different than a bgs 9.5

Type: Express with subgrades

Delivered: 5th February 

Status: 17th February - scheduled for grading and changed to grading/quality control now on the same day

So looks like express turnarounds are pretty accurate

1 hour ago, ngy275 said:

Type: Express with subgrades

Delivered: 5th February 

Status: 17th February - scheduled for grading and changed to grading/quality control now on the same day

So looks like express turnarounds are pretty accurate

Sweet. Mine was received on the 8th so hoping to see movement in the next few days

7 hours ago, Colby Wilkinson said:

Type: Bulk 

Received date: 12/07

50 “working Days” so far. Turnaround time was 30 days on the date my cards were received. 

My bulk is 12/4 received and as of 2/20 there is no change. But I know its getting close they have graded 12/2 bulk submissions.

New guy here. Did a couple submissions this week.

Type: Standard (Q: 20)

Received: 02/19

Type: Express (Q: 2)

Received: In Transit (Priority Mailed 02/20)

Has anyone here sent anything standard recently or express recently? Wondering about your experience with turnaround.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Jadhu108 said:

suddenly the advantage over PSA goes poof...

Not entirely. CGC will still get back to you much faster at a lower cost than PSA. Coupled with how stringent they are with grading and a much more polished slab/case (IMO), my money is still staying with CGC.