• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, mattyzeepgam said:

Not sure if being sarcastic but PSA wait times are around 7-9 months. CGC is 2-3 months tops. Even quicker with standard or economy.

I have economy orders 15 cards. Received 12/4 so it will be at least 2.5-3 months (2.5 because of holidays) 

Just hope changes are made at CGC to help improve turnarounds, that don't include price increases. PSA will be raising prices any day to try to help their backlog, CGC has a great opportunity to take a chunk out of the Pokemon graded market here but unless turnarounds get back to or close to original expectations I would take the extra 4-5 weeks at PSA and get more value 

1 hour ago, ClaytonMurphy said:

I have economy orders 15 cards. Received 12/4 so it will be at least 2.5-3 months (2.5 because of holidays) 

Just hope changes are made at CGC to help improve turnarounds, that don't include price increases. PSA will be raising prices any day to try to help their backlog, CGC has a great opportunity to take a chunk out of the Pokemon graded market here but unless turnarounds get back to or close to original expectations I would take the extra 4-5 weeks at PSA and get more value 

I honestly think that these delays were to be expected to happen eventually with such low prices and quick turnaround times offered, (really as an incentive to get cards graded with a new grading service) despite turnaround and pricing still being rather good, and even half the price in some cases compared to any other competitor. And I'm actually pretty surprised with how many people submitted in bulk, but that being said it doesn't surprise me since bulk in itself means A LOT of people are sending in A LOT at once, and that's really what sunk other grading services was the amount of people submitting so many cards in their cheaper tiers. So I don't really blame CGC for having to increase prices or their turnaround times going up as a sort of floodgate so not as many cards are being sent in as before, and probably using the price increases to help make their grading process faster, bc or else we'd all probably be waiting a lot longer if the prices were the same as they were in the beginning.

3 hours ago, Lapsaes said:

I honestly think that these delays were to be expected to happen eventually with such low prices and quick turnaround times offered, (really as an incentive to get cards graded with a new grading service) despite turnaround and pricing still being rather good, and even half the price in some cases compared to any other competitor. And I'm actually pretty surprised with how many people submitted in bulk, but that being said it doesn't surprise me since bulk in itself means A LOT of people are sending in A LOT at once, and that's really what sunk other grading services was the amount of people submitting so many cards in their cheaper tiers. So I don't really blame CGC for having to increase prices or their turnaround times going up as a sort of floodgate so not as many cards are being sent in as before, and probably using the price increases to help make their grading process faster, bc or else we'd all probably be waiting a lot longer if the prices were the same as they were in the beginning.

Not really sure where half the price is coming from. If PSA is say $25 for 20 day and CGC is $25 plus $7 for sub grades. The only advantage is actual turnarounds...if they arent hitting those then why would you spend similar money to not receive similar returns. Unless like I'm saying quantity of return vs quality of singular sales.

I get it new company overloaded...but just turning into PSA with just extending times, taking money upfront, and leaving us to the message boards to debate. Thats my concern be different, make me want to sub to you even if the returns are say 80% or whatever they are compared. 

22 minutes ago, ClaytonMurphy said:

Not really sure where half the price is coming from. If PSA is say $25 for 20 day and CGC is $25 plus $7 for sub grades. The only advantage is actual turnarounds...if they arent hitting those then why would you spend similar money to not receive similar returns. Unless like I'm saying quantity of return vs quality of singular sales.

I get it new company overloaded...but just turning into PSA with just extending times, taking money upfront, and leaving us to the message boards to debate. Thats my concern be different, make me want to sub to you even if the returns are say 80% or whatever they are compared. 

Not sure if your in the loop but PSA isnt even really an option anymore for a reasonable turnaround time. Its almost like a year turn around time, as in, if you sent PSA a bulk submission today, you might not see until next year. And you have to pay out the nose to see any decent turn around time.

If you want to grade anything at the moment, CGC is literally the only decent option unless you dont mind waiting an entire calendar year. Thats not even an exaggeration. Thats just how the pandemic has affected this industry.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:46 AM, mattyzeepgam said:

Not sure if your in the loop but PSA isnt even really an option anymore for a reasonable turnaround time. Its almost like a year turn around time, as in, if you sent PSA a bulk submission today, you might not see until next year. And you have to pay out the nose to see any decent turn around time.

If you want to grade anything at the moment, CGC is literally the only decent option unless you dont mind waiting an entire calendar year. Thats not even an exaggeration. Thats just how the pandemic has affected this industry.

Psa turnaround for me was only 3 weeks for their $50 service. Their bulk service is the only service that takes forever. CGC is honestly taking longer on my orders than PSA in terms of service levels. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Psa turnaround for me was only 3 weeks for their $50 service. Their bulk service is the only service that takes forever. CGC is honestly taking longer on my orders than PSA in terms of service levels. 

Hi Kyle,

CGC's $40 tier has an estimated turnaround time of 15 business days. I looked in your account, and your submissions are on Bulk ($9, 70 business days estimated), Economy ($18, 56 business days estimated), and Standard ($25, 25 business days estimated). So to compare the turnaround time of their higher priced tiers to our lower priced ones is not a fair comparison. Of course our bulk tier is slower than their Regular service. It is also more than 5x cheaper. Our tier with the same estimated turnaround time is half the price.

Paul

10 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Well apparently they arent since paul just told you that you bought cheaper services. Your also capped out at PSA with the value of what you can send in at $50.

Unless PSA is giving you a 10, no, its not worth it at all and with PSA and its always risky if your cards can get a 10 since they tend to half *** stuff. When it comes to resale values, only the 10s seem to be more valuable than other grades on average. If you got a 9 or lower, congrats, you just lost money in most cases. PSA is literally gambling at this point and I also find it hard to believe that it only took them 3 weeks since they are backed up all around.

Today I just sent CGC a walkthrough and dont think it will even take a week for only $69 due to the membership and trust that my card will be graded properly. I also live in Florida to where the shipping times are better. In some cases, maybe PSA is a better option. But 9/10, I just dont see the point in grading with them anymore. My experiences with them 2 years ago just werent good and that was when they had zero competition.

On 2/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, johnnyms said:

Economy with sub grades

received 12/9/20

Still received 2/14/21

Just sent an express order with subgrades. They should arrive tomorrow. I'm curious if they'll be done sooner than my economy order. We'll see.

2/24 still receive

On 2/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, KRod518 said:

5 Card Economy with subgrades

Received: 12/03/2020

Scheduled for Grading: 02/02/2021

Status as of 02/23/2021: Scheduled for Grading

This gives me hope that my sub will move soon. 

10 Card Economy with subgrades

Still Received: 2/24/2021

6 minutes ago, Rushie said:

This gives me hope that my sub will move soon. 

10 Card Economy with subgrades

Still Received: 2/24/2021

I hope it does, mine has been scheduled for grading for 3 weeks now.

Type: Standard (No Subgrade)

Received: N/A (Delivered 2/19)

Current status: N/A

Type: Express (Subgrade)

Received: 2/24 (Delivered 2/23)

Current status: Received

So far it's pretty accurate as far as them receiving different tiered packages. Express was received first despite being shipped 3 days later. I wonder how long it will be till my standard order gets logged.

It's probably not helpful to anyone but my CSG sub is moving incredibly fast! My CGC sub... not so much.

CGC
Type: Economy (subgrades) (12 cards)
Received: 12/3 (picked up 11/24)

CSG
Type: Express (subgrades) (2 cards)
Received: 2/23 (picked up 2/22)

3 hours ago, CamelJR said:

It's probably not helpful to anyone but my CSG sub is moving incredibly fast! My CGC sub... not so much.

CGC
Type: Economy (subgrades) (12 cards)
Received: 12/3 (picked up 11/24)

CSG
Type: Express (subgrades) (2 cards)
Received: 2/23 (picked up 2/22)

Yeah it’s a whole other division so probably no reason why it would impact TCG processing. 

I will say that anything sent express or walkthrough is received into the system almost immediately it seems. Your CSG and my CGC were both 1 business day after delivery.