• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Rushie said:

This gives me hope that my sub will move soon. 

10 Card Economy with subgrades

Received: 12/03/2020

Still Received: 2/24/2021

I thought the same thing when I saw that weeks ago. No movement since thought. Same boat.

Got 11 Cards Economy with subs

Received  12/03/2020

Also still in Received 2/24/2021

21 hours ago, PaulS. said:

Hi Kyle,

CGC's $40 tier has an estimated turnaround time of 15 business days. I looked in your account, and your submissions are on Bulk ($9, 70 business days estimated), Economy ($18, 56 business days estimated), and Standard ($25, 25 business days estimated). So to compare the turnaround time of their higher priced tiers to our lower priced ones is not a fair comparison. Of course our bulk tier is slower than their Regular service. It is also more than 5x cheaper. Our tier with the same estimated turnaround time is half the price.

Paul

Well he said PSA wasn’t a viable option anymore when it is. And I assumed the Standard level was a good comparison to PSA’s Regular Service. Yes it’s half the price , but I was strictly talking turnaround time. People seem to think PSA isn’t viable anymore. I use all the services and am not biased towards any of them. Not sure why people get so defensive over one service lol. 
PSAs Bulk = 10-12+ months
CGCs Bulk = 4+ months

PSAs Regular Service = 3-4 weeks 

CGCs Standard Service = 5-6+ weeks 

4 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Well he said PSA wasn’t a viable option anymore when it is. And I assumed the Standard level was a good comparison to PSA’s Regular Service. Yes it’s half the price , but I was strictly talking turnaround time. People seem to think PSA isn’t viable anymore. I use all the services and am not biased towards any of them. Not sure why people get so defensive over one service lol. 
PSAs Bulk = 10-12+ months
CGCs Bulk = 4+ months

PSAs Regular Service = 3-4 weeks 

CGCs Standard Service = 5-6+ weeks 

Nobody is getting defensive. You just dont have your facts in order. The standard service for PSA is more like up to 2 months, not 1. And you can buy a CGC express service for 40 bucks (36 with membership) that is 2 week turnaround time. Walkthrough is only 69 bucks with membership or 75 without and thats less than a week. Its not a meaningful comparison.

But PSA for the most part is pretty pointless unless you get the very high grades. The resale value just isnt there for anything under a 10, at least when taking in consideration the time it takes to get the card back. And its even longer if you live farther away from California since the mail has been slow lately.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:10 AM, PaulS. said:

Hi Kyle,

CGC's $40 tier has an estimated turnaround time of 15 business days. I looked in your account, and your submissions are on Bulk ($9, 70 business days estimated), Economy ($18, 56 business days estimated), and Standard ($25, 25 business days estimated). So to compare the turnaround time of their higher priced tiers to our lower priced ones is not a fair comparison. Of course our bulk tier is slower than their Regular service. It is also more than 5x cheaper. Our tier with the same estimated turnaround time is half the price.

Paul

The problem is that Economy wasn't 56 days when a lot of us sent our cards to CGC and paid. When I sent my cards, TaT for Economy was 30 days.

17 hours ago, Charles Osbey said:

Type: Standard (No Subgrade)

Received: N/A (Delivered 2/19)

Current status: N/A

Update. Received 2/25.

For those of you curious, my Standard order was received 4 days after delivery. Express was received 1 day after delivery. 

Hello Christian - Thank you for your email. Your submission is currently being processed according to estimated turnaround time for Bulk tier which is 60-buisness days. Your books have been here for 46-business days so far. You will see movement soon. Thank you for your patience. 

Above is the message i received 2 weeks ago. Mind you, my bulk order was received 12/3 and is still showing as such. Turnaround time was 30 day at received date

1 hour ago, Dom Fonce said:

The problem is that Economy wasn't 56 days when a lot of us sent our cards to CGC and paid. When I sent my cards, TaT for Economy was 30 days.

Yep, I understand that turnaround times can change but I would've definitely just used standard over economy if I knew it would change that much.

51 minutes ago, KRod518 said:

Yep, I understand that turnaround times can change but I would've definitely just used standard over economy if I knew it would change that much.

I thought it, you said it lol. My cards are only for personal collection purposes but still, it would've been nice to get them back after the 30 days and money for the sub wasn't an issue for me when I sent it in too

4 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Nobody is getting defensive. You just dont have your facts in order. The standard service for PSA is more like up to 2 months, not 1. And you can buy a CGC express service for 40 bucks (36 with membership) that is 2 week turnaround time. Walkthrough is only 69 bucks with membership or 75 without and thats less than a week. Its not a meaningful comparison.

But PSA for the most part is pretty pointless unless you get the very high grades. The resale value just isnt there for anything under a 10, at least when taking in consideration the time it takes to get the card back. And its even longer if you live farther away from California since the mail has been slow lately.

I just received my regular service back from PSA last week. Received 1/15 - Delivered 2/16. I have 3 more subs with both CGC and PSA out there right now with all different service levels. I was pretty much just saying that they can still be used. Not everyone is using grading services to resale either. 

I’m pretty sure it’s been clearly stated on the website and on forms that turnaround times are approximate. The company can’t spontaneously produce an extra 30 graders on the spot to meet demand if there’s a spike in submissions. 

Yes you can be disappointed, but none of us are guaranteed an approximate turnaround. Patience is key. 

4 minutes ago, Kylez450 said:

I just received my regular service back from PSA last week. Received 1/15 - Delivered 2/16. I have 3 more subs with both CGC and PSA out there right now with all different service levels. I was pretty much just saying that they can still be used. Not everyone is using grading services to resale either. 

All in all it comes down to personal preferences. Can you imagine if CGC didn't open their doors to TCG grading? PSA turnaround times would be wrecked. Regardless of whether you're a flipper or passionate about the hobby, the truth is Pokemon is expanding to new audiences and reinvigorating the existing community creating a demand that's been unheard of. At some point, I believe we'll plateau for a bit and will get the much needed breathing room for grading companies to catch up and get back to respectable turnaround times. Remember, these businesses are hiring like crazy, however, they also need to be smart about forecasting trends. I'm sure CGC is trying to be conservative with the number of hires in relation to the demand; you don't want an influx of graders if the trend hypothetically diminishes overnight. Also, would you feel comfortable having fairly inexperienced graders overseeing your cards just to say you got your cards back in a faster time? Not me, but again, it all comes down to personal preferences.

1 hour ago, dagwood jr. said:

All in all it comes down to personal preferences. Can you imagine if CGC didn't open their doors to TCG grading? PSA turnaround times would be wrecked. Regardless of whether you're a flipper or passionate about the hobby, the truth is Pokemon is expanding to new audiences and reinvigorating the existing community creating a demand that's been unheard of. At some point, I believe we'll plateau for a bit and will get the much needed breathing room for grading companies to catch up and get back to respectable turnaround times. Remember, these businesses are hiring like crazy, however, they also need to be smart about forecasting trends. I'm sure CGC is trying to be conservative with the number of hires in relation to the demand; you don't want an influx of graders if the trend hypothetically diminishes overnight. Also, would you feel comfortable having fairly inexperienced graders overseeing your cards just to say you got your cards back in a faster time? Not me, but again, it all comes down to personal preferences.

Honestly Im not sure that Pokemon is really expanding as much as we want to believe. Over a year ago, cards were on average, 1/6 of the price of what they are today. That isnt really too normal for gains to happen so fast and the pandemic is what is causing this. Once the pandemic cools off with people being vaccinated, Id expect wait times to drop like crazy. If people really wanted to get quick turn around times, Id bet in a few months they will happen. When people start going back to work and arent home all the time, I dont think we will see what we are seeing today with walmarts having lines for people trying to buy shining fates LOL. The supply chain is messed up, the mail system is messed up and at some point, its going to be weird looking back. Kind of like how toilet paper was impossible to get for months. Now every store is stocked and nobody cares. Id expect the same thing to happen with both grading cards and being able to buy them at stores. Will just be a funny memory some day.

10 hours ago, Furtnot said:

Pretty happy, went from scheduled for grading to Grading / Quality control in 1 day.

How many cards?  Mine was received 12/03 and has been scheduled for grading for over 3 weeks now (only 5 cards with subgrades).

49 minutes ago, Charles Osbey said:

What tier of service did you pay for?

It was economy which was at 30 business days when I sent them in.  I know turnaround times are subject to change so I'm trying to be patient but at the same time I would've just paid for standard had I known lol.

18 hours ago, Furtnot said:

Pretty happy, went from scheduled for grading to Grading / Quality control in 1 day.

Same level, same service, still stuck on received...

Also, we get TaT is approx, but near 60 days isnt close to approximately 30 days... 
Walkthrough service is awesome, but bah, id rather not mess with anything below standard from cgc here on out. Which will be losing about half of the apparent business i wanted to send here. but whatever.

I Have an economy sub received on December 9th that's still received. Have an express order that was received on february 15th that just switch to scheduled for grading today. The economy order is currently at 54 business days if you don't count the holidays. Hopefully it'll change to scheduled for grading soon.