• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Richard Corben
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Just shared by Jan Strnad through his Kickstarter. 

From Dona Corben:

It is with great sorrow and loss that I must share the sad news that Richard Corben died Dec 2, 2020 following heart surgery. He will be missed tremendously by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Richard was very appreciative of the love for his art that was shown by you, his fans. Your support over the decades meant a great deal to him. He tried to repay your support by working diligently on each piece of art going out to you. Although Richard has left us, his work will live on and his memory will live always in our hearts.

I will continue to conduct sales of Richard’s art through the Corben Studios website at corbencomicart.com. I will also be managing the ongoing process of publishing his work internationally. Please give me and my family a little time to collect ourselves and we’ll get back with you in 2021.

Dona Corben

Such sad news.

Edited by Revol

Recently the holiday exchange thread had me reviewing the collection for Corben material, a minor shared interest with my fellow boardie.  It was sad to see that I'd gotten rid of most of what I remember. I have only a few examples of his work, mostly ancillary to my underground comix collection. 

I still have his contributions to Skull and Insect Fear. I passed on the IRS copies of Den I had to a new collector. I've never held a Fantagor #1 1st print in my hand. I've seen his work and learned from older dealers of his popularity / influence in the 1970s-80s. It seems he was both before my time and after.

It's a loss for underground comix, bronze horror and Warren fans alike. :martini: