• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Richard Corben
1 1

32 posts in this topic

RIP to the legend.

Corben's stuff was genuinely other wordly. Like, looking at it, it was hard to believe that human hands created it. It seemed like it had beamed in from some bizarre parallel world. A singular artist.

22 hours ago, Warlord said:

Wow, such a loss.  RIP.

One of my favorite Twisted Tales covers.  His impressive work was heavily featured in this title stories & covers, and the other covers are just as great. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6b21e59be2f7ff0f7f01c8a7713cc963.jpg

This is what I think of when I think of Corben, the horror anthologies by Pacific.

He did some really cool book covers too,some exclusives for the SFBC if I remember rightly.Great artist with his own unique style.Didn't care much years ago but the older I got the better I liked him.

Very sad news indeed.

Such bad news. 😔

loved his art & covers. Twisted Tales was a must pickup for me after seeing the covers, although I’m a “Marvel Zombie” — I needed to get them. 
R.I.P.. :sorry:

So glad when he was the artist for a Punisher book.. Punisher: The End..

238350D8-F6FA-42FF-9BCB-097049725FB0.jpeg

Im heartbroken to hear this. He has virtually been there all my life putting out this otherworldly crazyness.

Corben imho was and is unparalleled. No other comic creator has impacted me the way Corben did. He made such a strong impression on me as a young man. He communicated on another channel with his visuals than all the others. I still remember the day I picked up my copy of DEN neverwhere. In my book Corben belongs up, up there in the rarefied air of the holy trinity together with Moebius and Kirby.

2020 is truly a year of damnation and darkness.

Condolences to his friends and family. 

God Speed Richard ... you will live on in our hearts and memory always.