• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekly Three: Week of 12/7/2020
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The most frequently asked questions for the week of 12/7/2020 were on the topics of 1) canceling web orders 2) $150 grading credits, and 3) shipping labels. See below for more information on these areas. 

1) Canceling Web Orders - It is not necessary or possible to "cancel" a web order. No charges have been made. CGC does not process charges for submissions generated using the online form unless or until they are received at our facility for services.  You may discard the unneeded packing slip you will not be charged.

2) $150 Grading Credits - Please note that the online form is unable to display any available grading credits. The Grading Credits are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and they will automatically apply to any regular CGC grading fees including Trading Card grading fees. Please note Membership Credits and Discounts are NOT applicable to Private Signing Events, CCS Service Fees, and Shipping & Handling Charges. You will receive your invoice number(s) when your order has been processed at the CGC office. No charges will be processed until your order is received in our facility. Any available grading credits will be applied automatically prior to processing the charge.

3) Shipping Labels - CGC does not provide shipping labels. The shipping fee referenced on your packing slip is for return shipping. 

CGC isn't going to give you an answer on what a card is worth.  They're a grading company, not an appraisal company.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:27 PM, Pokeman dude said:

So I have this 2014 69/106 charizard and wanted to know if its a holo or worth anything because ive seen this same card for 700 dollers and seen it for 30 dollers

031B4C7E-CC96-4BBC-898B-508BCBBAEB30.jpeg

FC3A9150-9902-448F-B21C-C0351F663220.jpeg

BE6F7294-006C-4A75-A51F-4899F2333A12.jpeg

I recently sent in my first batch of cards for grading. I got the email report back and am expecting to get my return package soon.

I wanted to know if I'm going to get the semi rigid card holders returned with my graded cards. I'd like to reuse them for future shipments. I couldn't find anything about them being returned. It would be really wasteful if they were just tossed out or something.

• Administrator

Hello @DLewisChampie

Thank you for reaching out to us. Packing supplies and card sleeves received with your cards are discarded. We apologize but we are unable to return the card holders your cards were when they arrived. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 12/11/2023 at 5:25 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @DLewisChampie

Thank you for reaching out to us. Packing supplies and card sleeves received with your cards are discarded. We apologize but we are unable to return the card holders your cards were when they arrived. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Hey, what reason is there to throw the card holders away??

It doesn't make much sense honestly. Not only is it wasteful, but your just adding more plastic to the trash. I could care less about that second part, but still. I paid for those holders, would have been nice to know they were just garbage...

***Disregard, the status was correct this morning so I am guessing it was just an error in status for the one day***

My submission status this morning was changed to QA, but about an hour ago I saw it was changed back to Scheduled for Grading.  Is this an error in the status reporting or was my order sent back to being on the grading schedule?

Thanks

Edited by sloppyshoes801

On 12/11/2023 at 8:09 AM, DLewisChampie said:

Hey, what reason is there to throw the card holders away??

It doesn't make much sense honestly. Not only is it wasteful, but your just adding more plastic to the trash. I could care less about that second part, but still. I paid for those holders, would have been nice to know they were just garbage...

From my understanding the card packaging is cut open to avoid and damage during removal from the sleeves

in response to pokeman dude, that card has 2 variations. card #13 is the regular holo ultra rare, avg $30 pricing for raw, the other variation, also from flashfire, is #107 and is gold foil holo secret rare, $110 approx raw value. graded values vary. hope this helps you sort it out