• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In reference to a recent scathing post about me by G G ®...
1 1

98 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

So now you guys are telling me what to do with my books AND money?

What a great community

I was just kidding about it, spend money on what you want. The signature was a bit pricey in my opinion

(Do you want me to edit?)

Edited by Hollywood1892

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I was just kidding about it, spend money on what you want. The signature was a bit pricey in my opinion

(Do you want me to edit?)

Haha no it's cool man, didn't realize you were just poking fun. I get it, it's a ridiculous amount of money, but I have a Stat Wars #1 with about 10 cast members already. 

STAR WARS IS LIFE

8 hours ago, G G ® said:

I would add that the deposit, which was non-refundable was transacted in this way, so I could be protected.

I believe there is no buyer protection for partial payments, so when I take a deposit I make sure it is noted as such. That way you can take the regular fee payment and still have your protections.

Edited by Bird
also saying payment 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 etc helps keep things clear

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

I believe there is no buyer protection for partial payments, so when I take a deposit I make sure it is noted as such. That way you can take the regular fee payment and still have your protections.

I don't think there is any buyer protection of F&F either, but I've never used it, and I think it is also used to circumvent fees (which is understandable, I mean who wants to pay a third party!)

15 minutes ago, Bird said:

Isn't the only way to protect yourself is to pay with CC and eat the fee? I did this a while back for something I paid over 1K and the fee was only 2.5%. Doesn't most CC company's side with you if you are burned?

45 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Haha no it's cool man, didn't realize you were just poking fun. I get it, it's a ridiculous amount of money, but I have a Stat Wars #1 with about 10 cast members already. 

STAR WARS IS LIFE

i heard this morning that disney is going all in with 10 new star wars stuff movies planned. 

A Harrison Ford signing is not something that comes around very often.  He rarely signs in general so it is even more rare to have a sit down formal signing where things like CGC can witness it. 

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

All Dark Horse Star Wars books just went from dollar bin to defcon 1

Not just the Dark Horse books... 

I saw the boat sailed away as I was an hour late to the news.  

But then I saw that people had ignored something else... 

something else... 

5 hours ago, kav said:

Scenario one:
Here's the book, here's the price.  Guy buys it.  Sells at profit.
A-OK

Scenario two:
Wow I've been searching for this book for a long time but I have limited budget how much ya want?
Well gee i could sell it to ya for X.
Buys it, immediatley sells for more.
IMO not A-Ok.

A month later is not immediately sells for more.  Hyperbole 

I don’t have a dog in this race either but I’ve bought a significant amount of books in years previous as well as this year - most on timed payments . This has allowed me to continue to balance the things I need VS the things I want . All of us have been affected by the current state of the world ...some are making less , some are making more, some are nervous ,some have buried people - but the stress is real from all points.I am appreciative to even have the option for timed payments and the colossal amount of awesome people here . I hope this can all work out because this is truly a diverse community the likes of which is truly uncommon in today’s society . We may all butt heads over policies ,viewpoints and misconceptions but darn it - we can ALL appreciate a Hulk # 181!

Edited by Old_Man_Adam