• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FX/Hulu's ALIEN show by showrunner Noah Hawley (TBD)

17 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sd2416 said:

Would have rather had the Blomkamp (spelling) follow up to Aliens with Hicks, Ripley and Newt that cut out everything after the 2nd movie.  

1 hour ago, FormerReader said:

Me too! Fox has run Alien into the ground.

Unfortunately, Disney has $71B reasons to pull anything and everything out of the Fox mothballs to re-release and recoup all that money. To include relaunching the Home Alone series of films.

(:

2 hours ago, FormerReader said:

Me too! Fox has run Alien into the ground.

Yeah - it was painful enough watching the AvP movies with their lesser budgets.

Who wants to see an Aliens show w/ a TV budget?

I mean, I liked the War of the Worlds and V TV shows back in the day, but I was also a child.

I enjoyed Legion, but it was hard to follow at times unless you paid full attention.

Alien was a simple hunt-and-kill movie.

I hope it's kept straightforward.

Aliens #1 + 2 were masterpieces - I dislike movies of such brilliance being ret-conned.

It would be like Joss Whedon re-imagining 'The Shawshank Redemption'   :whatthe:

Edited by Beige

Fans have been waiting for a new installment in the Alien franchise since 2017's Alien: Covenant, with the next chapter set to be an all-new TV series from Noah Hawley. While it's unknown exactly when that series is expected to debut, a new report from Alien vs. Predator Galaxy claims that Weta has come on board the project to deliver the visual effects for the iconic xenomorph. The site notes that, while they are confident that Weta is involved in the endeavor, the effects house is comprised of both Weta Digital and Weta Workshop, with one branch handling visual effects and the other branch handling practical effects. In other words, it's currently unknown what the blend of practical and visual effects fans can expect.

Understandably, the Alien franchise is known for its inclusion of the xenomorph, though the most recent entries saw themes of artificial intelligence and corporate greed earn a heavier influence than merely games of cat and mouse between the otherworldly threats and human protagonists. Knowing that Weta is involved in this new series will likely excite fans, as Hawley surely wouldn't have enlisted their talents for a series that would focus solely on human characters.

Earlier this month, Hawley teased what he hoped to explore with the new series.

"It's set on Earth of the future. At this moment, I describe that as Edison versus Westinghouse versus Tesla," Hawley explained to Esquire. "Someone's going to monopolize electricity. We just don't know which one it is ... In the movies, we have this Weyland-Yutani Corporation, which is clearly also developing artificial intelligence-but what if there are other companies trying to look at immortality in a different way, with cyborg enhancements or transhuman downloads? Which of those technologies is going to win?"

FX gave new details about its highly anticipated Alien TV series from Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley.

FX chief John Landgraf told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour on Thursday that Hawley would shoot a new season of Fargo — which was just renewed for season 5 — before Alien.

“We need to shoot Fargo this winter, so we’ll be shooting Fargo before Alien though we have more scripts for Alien than Fargo,” Landgraf said. “Noah is writing both right now.”

FX chief John Landgraf said during his presentation to the Television Critics Association that the upcoming TV series set in the world of the Alien film franchise will start filming soon. The series marks the first time the Alien franchise heads to Earth, and the first TV adaptation for the long-running property, which has thus far spanned six movies (including two crossovers with Predator) as well as numerous video games, novels, and comics since its debut in 1979. The as-yet-untitled TV series will reportedly try to thread the needle between the horror of the Ridley Scott original and the high-octane action of James Cameron's 1986 sequel Aliens.

A return to form for the franchise could be a boon to the series. While the recent prequel movies Prometheus and Alien: Covenant have their supporters, it has been a long time since fans were unified in their enthusiasm for an Alien movie.

The series will take place before Ripley comes on the scene, and will reportedly not include any existing characters from the film franchise. No word yet on exact plot details or casting information.

"On some level it's also a story about inequality," showrunner Noah Hawley previously said. "You know, one of the things that I love about the first movie is how '70s a movie it is, and how it's really this blue collar space-trucker world. The second movie is such an '80s movie, but it's still about grunts. Paul Reiser is middle management at best. So, it is the story of the people you send to do the dirty work."

Álvarez was “terrified” to meet in person with Scott after Scott watched “Alien: Romulus” for the first time, but he knew he had to be there in person to listen to Scott’s thoughts.

“And then he walks into the

room and he did say, ‘Fede, what can I say? It’s :censored: great,'” Álvarez continued about Scott’s reaction to the film. “For me it was like… My family knows it was one of the best moments of my life to have a master like him, who I admired so much, to even watch a movie I made but particularly something like this… and talk to me for an hour about what he liked about it. One of the best compliments he said was, ‘The dialogue is great. Are you the writer?’ Yes!”