• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

Where do the books they pack in come from? Is there a warehouse with old unsold stock?

I asked at the flint one when they stocked and she said it was an outside vendor that stocked the entire aisle, all pokemon/magic/comics/etc.

12 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Where do the books they pack in come from? Is there a warehouse with old unsold stock?

Yes, Diamond.

11 hours ago, HotKey said:

I asked at the flint one when they stocked and she said it was an outside vendor that stocked the entire aisle, all pokemon/magic/comics/etc.

Correct, sports cards as well. This is the same at Target.

Walmart has new DC four packs. I haven't opened them yet but they don't all have the same contents like previous releases...

I saw Legion 11, Batman 102, future state Catwoman 1, fs Shazam 1, fs wonder woman 1, another legion book and fs harley quinn at least...it's a fairly large group

Edited by PeterPark

Made some trips to Walmart over the last month. There are eight that are really close to each other so I cleaned the first couple out to see if they'd restock (they didn't). Ended up with a short box of the 3 packs. LOTS of lenticulars so far. I'll post some pics of the haul once I finish bagging and boarding.

My only hope is that in 50 years these Walmart variants will bring about the lively debates that the Marvel Whitmans did!

20210329_195733.jpg

2 hours ago, jas1vans said:

My only hope is that in 50 years these Walmart variants will bring about the lively debates that the Marvel Whitmans did!

They are kind of like the modern Whitman’s, aren’t they?  I feel bad for the collectors that can’t find these.  Still none of these have really taken off in value that I’ve seen (have they?).

I’m looking forward to your pics!

4 hours ago, jas1vans said:

Top book is on the left in all pics. Bagging and boarding was fun, getting them safely out of the shrink wrap was not.

20210331_092841.jpg

20210331_093129.jpg

20210331_093501.jpg

20210331_093745.jpg

20210331_094022.jpg

20210331_094307.jpg

20210331_094551.jpg

20210331_094935.jpg

20210331_095312.jpg

20210331_095518.jpg

Impressive!  Question though .... why do books 2 and 3 in ever pack have UPC codes on the cover but top books do not?  

1 hour ago, icp004 said:

Impressive!  Question though .... why do books 2 and 3 in ever pack have UPC codes on the cover but top books do not?  

The top books are variant covers for Walmart specifically and are considered 2nd/3rd prints etc..  The other books in the pack are not Walmart specific.  The variations for the covers are generally just color changes, for instance the Venom covers are different color logos.  The only one I know for certain is a different cover completely is the Walmart Star Wars High Republic #1.  It is a completely new cover.  See below, the 1st is the Walmart SW and the 2nd is the normal #1.

Star Wars: The High Republic #1Star Wars: The High Republic #1

On 3/31/2021 at 5:00 PM, Crops068 said:

The only one I know for certain is a different cover completely is the Walmart Star Wars High Republic #1.  It is a completely new cover.  See below, the 1st is the Walmart SW and the 2nd is the normal #1.

Star Wars: The High Republic #1Star Wars: The High Republic #1

I wonder if that will make this one more desirable?

Edited by BrooksR

I stopped by Walmart for the first time in forever and found two Marvel three packs mixed in with a dozen or so DC packs. Both had Fantastic Four #24 and I'm a Fantastic Four fanatic so I grabbed one.

ff24.jpg

If I'm reading this thread correctly, this is an older three pack, not one of the newer packs that may include a lenticular cover.

Has anyone from Marvel or Walmart ever commented officially about why Walmart gets exclusive variant covers? It's not like Walmart is known for selling comic books and they're not advertised anywhere as exclusives.

Edited by Mr. Spider-Woman

New Walmart 3 packs are starting to filter out. Rumor is the gem is ASM 55 2nd Print 1:50 can be found in some.

The white cover with the faint webbing lines is the giveaway that it is the middle book.  

I have not seen one yet but just reporting what I have heard.

Pic for reference - 

63BE6387-8CA0-4073-A794-B08C49D270E5.thumb.jpeg.41718efb1465d799c2d1efee7aee755b.jpeg

On 8/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, BishopT said:

Okay so I went by a couple other Walmarts and still no sign of the Spidey 55, but I was elated to find this.

410707EF-9F92-4FBA-868E-7D6F763FF1F8.jpeg

That is a very nice artgerm! I'm wondering what kind of availability there is at my Walmarts, but probably won't make the special trip.

I got the DC where Lois got a several page let down, just happened to be the one when I heard of these Walmart editions, it kind of went no where....

Of those that have got these, how is the resale....?

Come to think of it I got the venom 25 Walmart, and it was a let down too doh!

That Superman one was selling for $30 ish when it came out but quickly cooled to around $15. I haven’t checked the prices in a while but I did okay on them at the time and still have a couple in my PC.

When it comes to the recent Walmart Marvel packs, they hardly ever go for more than $20 a piece unless they’re a key issue or a particularly popular cover. I used to buy all of them but have definitely pumped the breaks in the last year or so. The X Men #1 I found was particularly worth hunting down as I saw it was found in the above video, and it’s a 1:500 variant, not to mention a fabulous cover. It’s pretty easy to identify by the spine.

Do they’re eh over all, but the last two runs of DC packs have had Nightwing 78 and Future State Wonder Woman 1, so they’re not bad packs to pick up.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, BishopT said:

That Superman one was selling for $30 ish when it came out but quickly cooled to around $15. I haven’t checked the prices in a while but I did okay on them at the time and still have a couple in my PC.

When it comes to the recent Walmart Marvel packs, they hardly ever go for more than $20 a piece unless they’re a key issue or a particularly popular cover. I used to buy all of them but have definitely pumped the breaks in the last year or so. The X Men #1 I found was particularly worth hunting down as I saw it was found in the above video, and it’s a 1:500 variant, not to mention a fabulous cover. It’s pretty easy to identify by the spine.

Do they’re eh over all, but the last two runs of DC packs have had Nightwing 78 and Future State Wonder Woman 1, so they’re not bad packs to pick up.

Awesome feedback just for the experience. I'm not big on the new releases,  yet I still get excited when I hear about them lol

Just the thrill of the hunt and the thought that there are people with a fire lit everytime. These I'd almost have to give the rule of 25 years rule, just when they're no longer available people will "care more."