• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing tonight MLJ GA For Sale. OPG #1 ,MF 32 Action #1 full pg ad before off to cgc
5 5

23 posts in this topic

Shipping to USA or Canada $25 for any amount of books, anything under $300 i can ship for $18 via canadapost 

Paypal accepted up to $1000

Check , money order or possibly trades considered over $1000

Returns up to 1 week for raw books, no returns on CGC graded

I have some books waiting to get sent to CGC but since my current order is way behind schedule I'll see if there is any interest in then raw first

Edited by thejudge01

Interesting. So Dr Occult morphed into Superman when Action 1 hit the stands. 

6 minutes ago, thejudge01 said:

To think   hundreds of thousands of kids chose this book over Action #1 back in spring of '38

Do you think these two versions of Superman were on the stands at the same time?

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Interesting. So Dr Occult morphed into Superman when Action 1 hit the stands. 

Do you think these two versions of Superman were on the stands at the same time?

I'd have to look up which book was released first but one would think so. New Adventure #26 also has this ad, I think tec 16 too?

32 minutes ago, redknight99 said:

So theoretically More Fun 32 is the first appearance of Superman (:

Close, but if I recall correctly More Fun 31 came out before the other Action 1 ads, if you want to get technical, lol. I think that all such Action 1 ads are extremely undervalued though, especially given what that Miles Morales preview goes for these days!

Edited by Superman2006
typo

1 hour ago, thejudge01 said:

Overstreet Price Guide #1 (1970)

First edition

Original print run of 1000

Its hard to imagine where this hobby would be without this book and the 50 editions that followed. Crazy content including Action Comics #1 NM for $300! Most keys in NM range in price anywhere from $5-50 in NM. Very tough to find in high grade. Slight wear  tiny bit of rust on the staples.  Exceptional condition.  Low to mid grade copies sell for $600-1000+. Higher grade $4-$10k

This one VF 

$1800

20201113_204337~2.jpg

20201113_204358~2.jpg

Beautiful piece of history - wish I had the budget for it! GLWS!