• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Graders Notes Change with a Press?

16 posts in this topic

I have a book that is already graded as a 9.8. 

The graders notes say:

"very light bends to cover
very light spine stress lines to cover"

I can see them, they don't break color, if I sent this in to CGC for pressing, would they take these grader notes away?

Thank you,

Jason

7 minutes ago, battlepark said:

The graders notes say:

I can see them, they don't break color, if I sent this in to CGC for pressing, would they take these grader notes away?

Thank you,

Jason

Please pardon my ignorance, but why would you be sending a book that already is a 9.8 in for a pressing? 

2 minutes ago, battlepark said:

2 reasons, resale if/when I do, someone might look at the notes as a negative.

Also I am worried that if I send it to get signed by another artist, would another grader knock it down to a 9.6

I don't think the first concern really is an issue. 

The second is more likely to happen out of the two. When was the book initially graded?

11 minutes ago, 22AcAve said:

Only the person who submitted the book can see the grading notes. So the irony here is that no buyer would've ever seen those notes if you hadn't posted them here lol

I believe they can be purchased.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-grader-notes/#:~:text=How do I buy CGC,fill in the required fields.

3 hours ago, battlepark said:

The graders notes say:

Thank you,

Jason

It's pretty amazing that your 9.8 book has any grading notes at all. And the original notes are usually left intact, but graders can enter additional information if necessary...

Welcome to the board.  I don't see any problems with your 9.8 book.   The majority of the boards here are comic book and grading experts.   We do not take words kindly but pictures will give us the better determination to answer your question.

FYI, it's normal for CGC graders do not give notes if the books are graded 9.8.

Edited by JollyComics

I have only submitted 1 modern.  It came back a 9.6 with graders notes.  It was a key book, and had to be submitted under a higher tier.  I think that  is what makes the difference between notes and no notes on HG moderns.   

12 minutes ago, battlepark said:

so basically i am crazy to get this press, unless i decide to get another signature and just want to be safe?

I had 2 9.8s come back 9.6s after the Frank Miller signing

I would suggest sending in raw books to get signed, instead of cracking out 9.8's in the hope that they retain their grade. There are too many factors working against you. The tale of a grade going down after a signature, is a tale told often on the boards.