• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

I know people are crazy now paying $1200 - $1500 (cgc 9.8)  for Jedi vs sith 1 or Knights of the Old Republic 9 but even if they are scarcer books i think the caracters will not be as popular as other characters introduced in less expensive books . 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I know people are crazy now paying $1200 - $1500 (cgc 9.8)  for Jedi vs sith 1 or Knights of the Old Republic 9 but even if they are scarcer books i think the caracters will not be as popular as other characters introduced in less expensive books . 

I can’t imagine that these kind of prices are sustainable. o.O

4 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Darth Revan has a following from the Knights of the Old Republic video games and has had figures made of him. I think 42 is the book to own, not 9.

13 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

#9 is the 1st app Revan and its very expensive now. #42 is the origin of Revan, and its less expensive. 

#9 is Revan in one panel as a hooded figure with no face and that’s it.  #42 shows Revan getting his Mandolorian mask, wielding  a lightsaber and actually speaking.

Edited by Catwomancomics

52 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

#9 is Revan in one panel as a hooded figure with no face and that’s it.  #42 shows Revan getting his Mandolorian mask, wielding  a lightsaber and actually speaking.

Ok got you 42 is a good "investment" now in case market decides its the 1st full .  But CGC label is not helping the cause because 9 is labeled as 1st full app

Screenshot_20201220-191328_eBay.thumb.jpg.b2e0d478c06974d090c59e6a22674089.jpg

Edited by Mijael.Levy

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Ok got you 42 is a good "investment" now in case market decides its the 1st full .  But CGC label is not helping the cause because 9 is labeled as 1st full app

Screenshot_20201220-191328_eBay.thumb.jpg.b2e0d478c06974d090c59e6a22674089.jpg

If it’s labeled then it must be his first full appearance.

Edit:  I think most people buying this book haven't looked inside it.  They are going off a label.

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 12/19/2020 at 10:04 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Good luck finding those Insider mags at all much less for a $1. Comic stores don't have backstock of these things.

I run across them from time to time. Most shops dont care about them. I have better luck at Flea Markets. I found one that has an early Venom app I bought for $2 and I think I sold it for $100 last year. It happens just not much.

34 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Similar debate on Kanan #1 vs #6. #1 has one panel with both Sabine and Ezra speaking. More than a cameo IMO.

Recent sales of #1 are lower than #6 but I suspect part of that is #1 has a larger print run. #1 ratio is a $600 book in 9.8 thoughhm

and the fact that in #6 she appears on cover

On 12/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, kimik said:

A big part of that is due to stores not going big on the first print orders. I was expecting 200,000 - 250,000 print run since the book has been telegraphed and solicited since early 2020. Looking at the current state of new issue orders, 100,000ish is more realistic excluding the store variants. That is a far cry from the 2015 SW 1, which was over 900,000 in January 2015 according to Comichron

Going to be a lot more than 100k.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Going to be a lot more than 100k.

I am curious to see how much more. I am hearing that a lot of stores in other parts of the USA and Canada took the same approach with ordering for this book as they did with other recent SW relaunches and did not go big. Those that I talked with who did up their orders do not have enough to meet demand. I figured Batman Three Jokers levels for this book, but it does not look like it will hit that.