• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

This is surprising. The Star Wars Day True Believers reprint of Kanan #1 is selling really high. But, I only saw these in one of the seven shops I frequent, so maybe the print run was low.

D5257E1D-3B44-4454-BD0A-8246B79EE37C.jpeg

The original is well over $50 now. For a change it was a good idea to hold when the book popped years ago to $10-$15. I felt it had more potential and decided to age it a bit.

15 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm selling all my remaining star warsbooks this week on ebay. Who knows if I'm selling them too cheap. But they've sat in boxes for months and this is the best time to move them.

I believe in selling and not holding. I have way too many books to hold

Does that include the 1st marvel series?

It seems like not much has gone on with those except a few obvious books. The filler stuff in between is just that. Lots of characters were introduced, but most seem unlikely to be used again.

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

The original is well over $50 now. For a change it was a good idea to hold when the book popped years ago to $10-$15. I felt it had more potential and decided to age it a bit.

I bought a copy of the True Believers because I wanted to read the story. Glad I didn’t. Now, if I want to read it, I’ll have to get the TPB.

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

Does that include the 1st marvel series?

It seems like not much has gone on with those except a few obvious books. The filler stuff in between is just that. Lots of characters were introduced, but most seem unlikely to be used again.

if it has a star and wars in it - selling now

45 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

if it has a star and wars in it - selling now

Hmmmm, there's a lot of $3-6 filler books in the marvel run, I wonder if selling this as a near complete set of 1 - 107 might do well? results are all over the place. I don't have the 2 Bobba issues, but i do have the Marvel Special that is his real first app, or does selling that way leave too much on the table as people are basically just bidding on the keys and getting the filler for free? on the other hand, this might be the way to de-clutter my comic zone, selling dupes in big title run lots.

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

Hmmmm, there's a lot of $3-6 filler books in the marvel run, I wonder if selling this as a near complete set of 1 - 107 might do well? results are all over the place. I don't have the 2 Bobba issues, but i do have the Marvel Special that is his real first app, or does selling that way leave too much on the table as people are basically just bidding on the keys and getting the filler for free? on the other hand, this might be the way to de-clutter my comic zone, selling dupes in big title run lots.

Sell them - if you are like me and I suspect you are, you have too much inventory 

moments like this is our cue to move product 

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Sell them - if you are like me and I suspect you are, you have too much inventory 

I just bought more than 600 issues of Star Wars from Dark Horse and the new stuff from Marvel - all for $300. There is a lot of stuff not worth $3 per book in it, but the good stuff just keeps popping up as speculation increases over the TV shows. I had no idea until last night that some of these issues are selling so high. I was getting ready to sell a NM Jedi vs Sith #1 to a shop for $2.88 when I looked it up on eBay and saw that it’s selling for upwards of $100 now.

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Agreed. I have run out of room and I want to use parts of my comic caverns for other stuff, like a home office, an art studio, and my kids want room for a 6 foot table to do legos on.

2 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

I just bought more than 600 issues of Star Wars from Dark Horse and the new stuff from Marvel - all for $300. There is a lot of stuff not worth $3 per book in it, but the good stuff just keeps popping up as speculation increases over the TV shows. I had no idea until last night that some of these issues are selling so high. I was getting ready to sell a NM Jedi vs Sith #1 to a shop for $2.88 when I looked it up on eBay and saw that it’s selling for upwards of $100 now.

I don't know about the Dark Horse stuff, but the 70s/80s Marvel stuff all seems to sell for $3+ if not beat up. Not that I really want to put the effort into selling $3 books on ebay. More realistically most would probably selling $4.99 starting bid auctions as well.

Just now, the blob said:

I don't know about the Dark Horse stuff, but the 70s/80s Marvel stuff all seems to sell for $3+ if not beat up. Not that I really want to put the effort into selling $3 books on ebay. More realistically most would probably selling $4.99 starting bid auctions as well.

So little happened in the Marvel run that the Dark Horse stuff has overshadowed it.

2 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

So little happened in the Marvel run that the Dark Horse stuff has overshadowed it.

I get it, the Dark Horse stuff was better done mostly, but the Marvel stuff isn't worthless for whatever reason.

26 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

obviously look up the books. for me i didn't have complete sets nor any of the really hot books (sold those long ago) but sitting on books with the idea that they maybe worth more in the future isn't useful for me. if they sit, then eventually they will be in my 50 cent boxes. if i can move a random lot of 10 books for $20 books then I'll take it

12 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I've never even seen 600 issues of Star Wars in one place . . . I guess I live a sheltered life.  lol

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Curious what people's view are of these:

1. Star Wars: The Mandalorian And The Child
  2. Star Wars Insider #200 (Peach Momoko variant)

1. Anyone know when this comes out?

2. I feel like the print run on insider will be super high. Everyone sees this one coming.

Edited by pkveronese