• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

The more I think about it: how will the EU comics appreciate/depreciate in the future when "casual collectors" discover that some of these characters won't be appearing in the various shows etc?

There's been at least 20 EU characters, including Thrawn, that've been reintroduced to canon ~

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

The more I think about it: how will the EU comics appreciate/depreciate in the future when "casual collectors" discover that some of these characters won't be appearing in the various shows etc?

There's been at least 20 EU characters, including Thrawn, that've been reintroduced to canon ~

I think that's all part of the speculation game. Legends (the stuff outside of canon) still has a lot of love, so I don't think they'll fall like a rock, but they will definitely soften.

1 hour ago, pkveronese said:

I think that's all part of the speculation game. Legends (the stuff outside of canon) still has a lot of love, so I don't think they'll fall like a rock, but they will definitely soften.

Like, does Darth Bane technically exist in Canon right now?

3 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Yeah, youre right ~

2 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Like, does Darth Bane technically exist in Canon right now?

He sure does :3

35 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Kind of. He had a very short cameo in Clone Wars, which wasn't really him. I'm sure, eventually, he will be fully integrated.

Right. The existence of Bane and the rule of two exist in canon. Much like Darth Plaguis, I expect his history to be fleshed out more as Disney creates more content. 

Side note: Darth Revan was supposed to also be in the episode that featured Bane but Lucas and Filoni felt one Sith Lord was enough and didn’t fit with the plot of that episode. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

51 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Right. The existence of Bane and the rule of two exist in canon. Much like Darth Plaguis, I expect his history to be fleshed out more as Disney creates more content. 

Side note: Darth Revan was supposed to also be in the episode that featured Bane but Lucas and Filoni felt one Sith Lord was enough and didn’t fit with the plot of that episode. 

53 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree people like me who read the books will jump on it as well. I am regretting selling my copies currently 
knowing in less then a year they will double in value at least.

The Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn is a great read. It was hard to put those books down. If any board members haven’t read it, you won’t be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree people like me who read the books will jump on it as well. I am regretting selling my copies currently 
knowing in less then a year they will double in value at least.

The Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn is a great read. It was hard to put those books down. If any board members haven’t read it, you won’t be disappointed.

Yes its fantastic I need to read the new books as I only read Thrawn so far. 

5 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

@littledoom 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124512647413

The latest sale of star wars tales #13 is really impressive. I remember you mentioned it not that long ago. 

Yeezus $100 book with shipping and tax.. $5 comics become $15, then those $15 become $30, and then a dramatic jump to $100 is quite the norm