• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Star Wars 68 x12

(this is in reference to Bruce’s eBay link)

I found some hasbro reprint at the HPB by where you live last year - you should go back and see if anymore popped up

if they do, you owe me

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I found some hasbro reprint at the HPB by where you live last year - you should go back and see if anymore popped up

if they do, you owe me

I was there a few weeks ago and it was almost entirely new comics from the past two years — and 0 of the money ones from that time period. There were some low print Spawns behind the counter but priced way up there. Need a 50% sale. 

12 minutes ago, CDaBruce said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Star Wars 68 x12

(this is in reference to Bruce’s eBay link)

It is crazy that the two issues that they had the most of were Star Wars 68 and Heir to the Empire #1.  

The eBay link didn’t work well on my phone. Was that a $1000 sale or a different price?

Just now, manetteska said:

I was there a few weeks ago and it was almost entirely new comics from the past two years — and 0 of the money ones from that time period. There were some low print Spawns behind the counter but priced way up there. Need a 50% sale. 

those Spawns have been there since last year - they are also no longer 9.8s because too many people have handled them

21 minutes ago, manetteska said:

The eBay link didn’t work well on my phone. Was that a $1000 sale or a different price?

It was $999.99.  They were described as being VF.   Here is the list:

Legacy #2 (x10)
Purge #1 (x5)
ESB Duel a Dark Lord (x5)
Knights of the Old Republic #6 (x10)
Infinities #4 (x8)
Star Wars Tales #21 (x4)
Star Wars Tales #22 (x4)
Dark Empire II #1 (x5)
Star Wars #1 (x3)
Star Wars #3 (x3)
Star Wars #4 (x3)
Heir to the Empire #1 (x14)
Crimson Empire #6 (x5)
Empire #1 (x1)
Boba #68 (x12)
Han/Leia #81 (x10)
Knights of the Old Republic #6 (x6)
Infinities #4 (x2)
Jango Fett Open Seasons #2 (x3)
Routine Valor (x4)
Star Wars #1 (x3)
Star Wars #2 (x3)
Star Wars #3 (x3)
Star Wars #4 (x3)
Star Wars Tales #4 (x4)
Star Wars Tales #21 (x4)
Star Wars Tales #22 (x4)
Revenge of the Sith #1 (x3)
Revenge of the Sith #3 (x3)
Revenge of the Sith #4 (x3)
Dark Empire II #1 (x5)
ESB Duel a Dark Lord (x5)

5 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wonder if many of those are sitting around similar to the marvel legends reprints 

I do a LOT of $1 box diving and I never see these. I buy ML reprints fairly often in those boxes but have never bought a single SW toy reprint. Ever. 

To be fair though, I've looked for Legends for years while only starting to pay attention to SW in the last year or so.

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I do a LOT of $1 box diving and I never see these. I buy ML reprints fairly often in those boxes but have never bought a single SW toy reprint. Ever. 

To be fair though, I've looked for Legends for years while only starting to pay attention to SW in the last year or so.

Well I think the Star Wars action figure collector is very different than the Marvel Legends collector. So it's possible that many of the Star Wars are still sealed. I'll talk to a local star wars dealer and find out what he thinks or if he's seen them etc.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Well I think the Star Wars action figure collector is very different than the Marvel Legends collector. So it's possible that many of the Star Wars are still sealed. I'll talk to a local star wars dealer and find out what he thinks or if he's seen them etc.

He confirmed that many of those figures that were purchased have been kept sealed.

also he said that another difference why the marvel ones were opened was due to the build a figure 

he added they kept the comics because they were comic people (bag/boarded) 

18 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

the tales from the clone wars webcomic graphic novel is selling for as high as 500 dollars rn apparently cad bane and more are in it predates darth maul 2 

I didn't realize there was a print version of that comic, but yeah, his first comic appearance was in the webcomic Clone Wars: Invitation Only. Below is what the TPB it looks like. Guess this would be his first comic appearance. It predates the UK comic I posted earlier by about 4 months.

image.png.5e40dd7ad6089ec19b9e48765ae80968.png

29 minutes ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

.....and it was selling for $28 at the end of December.

Yet, it wasn't long ago it was still available on the Dreams and Visions site.

On an aside,  anybody loving that the X-Men insert in High Republic #1 amps up the difficulty to press it a ton :).

On 1/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, maidenmate91 said:

Heavy rumors are starting to circulate that RDJ is being cast as Thrawn in John Favreau's/Filoni's Star Wars Mandalorian spin off. If that is true heir to the empire #1 is going to go even higher. Makes sense considering his personal relationship with Downey jr. I'm sure he would do great but I came across this image:

now I want nothing more than Benedict Cumberbatch to fill those shoes. 

I personally think that Star Wars Rebels nailed the portrayal of Thrawn... in Rebels, Thrawn was every bit of 'deadly' as I imagined him to be.  

1 hour ago, pkveronese said:

Yet, it wasn't long ago it was still available on the Dreams and Visions site.

I'm not 100% sure on this and welcome info from anyone who has it, but based on some cursory research, I think this TPB was only available through mail order and at shows.

Kicking myself for dropping the ball on this one. Missed a link to the collected edition a few months ago when I was doing some research. :tonofbricks:

I cannot believe that out of the zillions of marvel magazines I bought over the years I did not get a Special #16. Happily I have a few of the Dark Horse books that are up a bit (Boba Fett Agent Destruction 1, Jango Fett 1, Phantom Menace 3 (Maul Photo cover). I used to have a stack of 39-41. I don't know what happened to them. I think i might have been putting them in my grab bags in 2013 along with my Special Edition 15s. insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm not 100% sure on this and welcome info from anyone who has it, but based on some cursory research, I think this TPB was only available through mail order and at shows.

Kicking myself for dropping the ball on this one. Missed a link to the collected edition a few months ago when I was doing some research. :tonofbricks:

Don't kick yourself. Here's where it was:

http://www.dreamsandvisionspress.com/starwarstalesfromtheclonewarswebcomiccollectionseason1.aspx

Who knows? It might show up for sale again.