• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, pkveronese said:

Don't kick yourself. Here's where it was:

http://www.dreamsandvisionspress.com/starwarstalesfromtheclonewarswebcomiccollectionseason1.aspx

Who knows? It might show up for sale again.

I love how it shows up today on a spec site article and lo and behold there's brand new $500 listings.  Just lol.

2 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Don't kick yourself. Here's where it was:

http://www.dreamsandvisionspress.com/starwarstalesfromtheclonewarswebcomiccollectionseason1.aspx

Who knows? It might show up for sale again.

Thanks. Yeah, I visited that site a few days too late lol 

Just got my first order of High Republic #1 I got last minute on ebay before it started to take off.  Was so happy to get what you see below.  Of course,  "they were shipped in the industry standard Gemini Mailer" with 2 pieces of painters tape to hold the packet of 10 comics in place whilst being thrown around by the PO like a frisbee.  A ten pack of comics that the day of them actually shipping them out to me had a  market value of $200 about, but no other protection to keep the books from slamming into the inside of the box, like IDK, a friggin piece of cardboard with them locked down to with some heavy duty fng packing tape!?!!!!

Spoiler

20210114_170239.thumb.jpg.3b165841a4aedf38d78894b15730be49.jpg

Spoiler

20210114_171037.thumb.jpg.d492e5a4bb97321e9476bc83a1a1f7a0.jpg

2 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

Just got my first order of High Republic #1 I got last minute on ebay before it started to take off.  Was so happy to get what you see below.  Of course,  "they were shipped in the industry standard Gemini Mailer" with 2 pieces of painters tape to hold the packet of 10 comics in place whilst being thrown around by the PO like a frisbee.  A ten pack of comics that the day of them actually shipping them out to me had a  market value of $200 about, but no other protection to keep the books from slamming into the inside of the box, like IDK, a friggin piece of cardboard with them locked down to with some heavy duty fng packing tape!?!!!!

Hide contents

20210114_170239.thumb.jpg.3b165841a4aedf38d78894b15730be49.jpg

Hide contents

20210114_171037.thumb.jpg.d492e5a4bb97321e9476bc83a1a1f7a0.jpg

Where did you order them from?

6 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Where did you order them from?

popculturezone

Another comic seller who doesn't know that you can order heavy duty cardboard sheets from Papermart.com (the only ones worth buying BTW).  I explained to the that I order 1-200 at a time and land them for about $.23, and that they can get them way cheaper by ordering in mass bulk.  Physics is just lost on almost everyone that sells comics on the internet and ships them.  They think a box, and backing boards, keep comics from getting damaged when the inside of the box the comics were slamming into the whole way from NJ, was what crushed the books.  I friggin give up.

Edited by gradejunky

Given the recent interest in "First Printed Appearances" for Star Wars characters does anyone know off-hand the approximate printing dates of the currently accepted "FPAs" for Ahsoka and Cad Bane?

I ask because I have this pair of San Diego Comic-Con daily newsletters known to have been printed on the day shown on each of them, July 1st, 2008 for Ahsoka and July 2nd, 2009 for Cad Bane.

These are magazine sized, 8 pages on newsprint, and were distributed only on the day printed and only within the Convention center. While certainly thousands were printed, the vast, vast majority were thrown away at the end of the day, still in the kiosks where convention goers could pick them up and see the very latest hour-by-hour schedule change updates.

sw08.jpg

sw09.jpg

I will say that there are certain books I look for that I consider "true" first appearances.  Characters like Aayala Secura and Quinlan Vos got their start in the comics and were later adapted onto the screen.  Many of these other characters are cited as first appearances, but they are the character's first appearance in comic book form (like Harley Quinn).  Does that make them less of first appearance?  Who knows... that's another debate... but you cannot stop but be impressed by the money that trades hands for those types of books. 

On 1/11/2021 at 12:42 AM, OtherEric said:

I figure this is the best way to be sure; I've got 39-44 as well.

ESB.jpg

Is there any way to know this for sure? I have the treasury, not the magazine, but the book came first?

5 hours ago, jdandns said:

Given the recent interest in "First Printed Appearances" for Star Wars characters does anyone know off-hand the approximate printing dates of the currently accepted "FPAs" for Ahsoka and Cad Bane?

I ask because I have this pair of San Diego Comic-Con daily newsletters known to have been printed on the day shown on each of them, July 1st, 2008 for Ahsoka and July 2nd, 2009 for Cad Bane.

These are magazine sized, 8 pages on newsprint, and were distributed only on the day printed and only within the Convention center. While certainly thousands were printed, the vast, vast majority were thrown away at the end of the day, still in the kiosks where convention goers could pick them up and see the very latest hour-by-hour schedule change updates.

sw08.jpg

sw09.jpg

Re Cad Bane: The print date of the webcomic collection TPB was August 2010. There was a UK comic printed in December 2010. Those appear to be his first appearance in comic form at this point. 

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is there any way to know this for sure? I have the treasury, not the magazine, but the book came first?

I saw a whole video discussing those.  The book came first but is obviously not really a comic so....However, in that book Yoda is purple and elvish looking as per Joe Johnston's original concept designs I guess?  The latter two had the panels redrawn to sport the green Yoda that we know from the movies.  Wish I had snagged a copy or two of the mag before it blew up!

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

Paperback, treasury and then the magazine in that order.  You can tell the paperback came first by Yoda's purple appearance, which was corrected in the others.

Just now, Broke as a Joke said:

Paperback, treasury and then the magazine in that order.  You can tell the paperback came first by Yoda's purple appearance, which was corrected in the others.

And Boba is in paperback first as well?

5 hours ago, jdandns said:

sw08.jpg

sw09.jpg

Ashoka Tanos first printed appearance seems to be Star Wars Insider 95 which also debuted before her first appearance in the animated film.  

16 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

We can tell it was produced first, at least.  But I'm not sure anybody is 100% positive on printing/release order.