• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

Any reason why there is such variance in the price of Star Wars Insider Variants? Like #114 has an Ahsoka variant, but hardly goes for anything. Or is this just a matter of time thing and I should shut up.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, Michael Browning said:

I think two to watch are the True Believers Thrawn #1 and True Believers Kanan #1. These Marvel dollar reprints may have gotten overshadowed by all the Venom and Carnage True Believers and it seems like the print runs were fairly low as they are impossible to find in shops. I only know of a single shop that ordered those two and they got only a few, which were sold quickly. I’ve seen the prices for these spiking on eBay lately. There are a few of the Star Wars True Believer dollar reprints, including Darth Maul Son of Dathomir and that’s another one that is hard to find in the wild.

The Darth Maul Son of Dathomir is VERY hard to find in the wild from what I've seen. It's the first comic appearance of the Darksaber too (not counting the kids Defenders of the Lost Temple book).

3 hours ago, pkveronese said:

That was quick!

Sure was. Do you have a copy of this issue? Curious to see the interior. The titles of the comic stories mentioned in the GCD don’t really seem like they’d feature Jek-14. However, the first story in issue #2 may feature him. He’s also on the cover of #2.

The first story in #1 looks to be a retelling of a Clone Wars episode with Pong Krell, and the second looks like a rando Jabba story.  

It looks like there are two covers for #1 (at least) - one with just Yoda and another with Yoda and Jek-14. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sure was. Do you have a copy of this issue? Curious to see the interior. The titles mentioned in the GCD don’t really seem like they’d feature Jek-14. However, the first story in issue #2 may feature him. He’s also on the cover of #2.

The first story in #1 looks to be a retelling of a Clone Wars episode with Pong Krell, and the second looks like a rando Jabba story.  

It looks like there are two covers for #1 (at least) - one with just Yoda and another with Yoda and Jek-14. 

Which comic is this?

14 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Which comic is this?

Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles #1

Included with Lego Club Magazine; #30 March-April 2013. The variant of #1, I believe, was a store exclusive. 

Insert:

6A85738E-46C6-49B5-91CD-1049448338C3.jpeg.67616cae4454d5b5af137d643f03b11f.jpeg

Variant:

6CE79644-517C-499F-8631-77960698DB27.jpeg.bb1a3692e9ef0e4465a5054fa700d600.jpeg

3 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sure was. Do you have a copy of this issue? Curious to see the interior. The titles of the comic stories mentioned in the GCD don’t really seem like they’d feature Jek-14. However, the first story in issue #2 may feature him. He’s also on the cover of #2.

I don't. It seems like there's an SDCC variant mixed in there somewhere too.

Also, on Star Wars: High Republic Adventures #1, there's a nice 10 page sample in the High Republic Sampler over at Disney.com:

https://books.disney.com/book/the-high-republic-free-digital-sampler/

Tons of first appearances (more than the Marvel book even), including the Nihil Raiders (I think someone said this before), the main antagonists from the book. If Marchion Ro shows up, this book will go wild. It doesn't read like an all ages book, more like a compliment to the Marvel series. I think this one is being slept on.

high republic_nihil.JPG

Edited by pkveronese
Add info about Marchion Ro

6 hours ago, pkveronese said:

I don't. It seems like there's an SDCC variant mixed in there somewhere too.

I’m curious to see the SDCC book. I think that’s actually #4 from all the quick research I did yesterday. I tried to find some interiors online but no luck. 

1 hour ago, pkveronese said:

Also, on Star Wars: High Republic Adventures #1, there's a nice 10 page sample in the High Republic Sampler over at Disney.com:

https://books.disney.com/book/the-high-republic-free-digital-sampler/

Tons of first appearances (more than the Marvel book even), including the Nihil Raiders (I think someone said this before), the main antagonists from the book. If Marchion Ro shows up, this book will go wild. It doesn't read like an all ages book, more like a compliment to the Marvel series. I think this one is being slept on.

I originally said Nihil, but then I found out the first appearance of the Nihil in comics was in High Republic #2, but the Nihil Raiders? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~

By the way, my five copies of High Republic #1 came today, a few subscription presses that a future press won't fix lol

13 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

What in the HE double hockey sticks is going on with the Aphra 7 variant. Is it really just the art that has it at two hundys?

12 hours ago, manetteska said:

Yes. 

There is a first in #7.

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Looks like Aphra 6 Bartel Variant is $100 too.  

Patrick

#6 was hot before it came out as well. There is nothing significant in it. Just a mix of a hot cover and hot character.

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Isn't this all Lego styled characters?

Yeah. Jek-14 is only a lego character so far. I think what’s driving the speculation is that his character would fit during the current timelines being explored on TV and Film. 

I guess he could show up in the Bad Batch. Who knows anymore. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. Jek-14 is only a lego character so far. I think what’s driving the speculation is that his character would fit during the current timelines being explored on TV and Film. 

So, a Lego character.....Lego.....character....