• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
13 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

What in the HE double hockey sticks is going on with the Aphra 7 variant. Is it really just the art that has it at two hundys?

13 hours ago, manetteska said:

Yes. 

Expand  

There is a first in #7.

Oh. I hope there is a first appeance in 2.

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

High Republic #2? On the cover of the variant.

Meant Doc Aphra 2 volume 1. Found the variant cheap and it seems like every other issue of a SW title has a first appearance. 

But while we are at it, is the 1:10 variant of High Republic 1 the first appeance of the Nihil or no?

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Meant Doc Aphra 2 volume 1. Found the variant cheap and it seems like every other issue of a SW title has a first appearance. 

But while we are at it, is the 1:10 variant of High Republic 1 the first appeance of the Nihil or no?

on Aphra #2 maybe first full app of her dad, but I can't say for sure.

Yes, #1 variant is Nihil in comics.

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I originally said Nihil, but then I found out the first appearance of the Nihil in comics was in High Republic #2, but the Nihil Raiders? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~

By the way, my five copies of High Republic #1 came today, a few subscription presses that a future press won't fix lol

As concerns your copies of SWHP 1, that, shall one say, stinks if you were hoping that they would achieve a CGC 9.8 grade.

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

First cover app, but they dont appear in the issue. First confirmed in the story is HR:A #1 I believe. Storyline of HR #2 seems to imply they'll be involved in that issue though. Both release the same day. Markets will decide if that HR #1 variant counts. My personal guess is no since it's concept art and not story art, but (shrug).

Edited by Tnexus

37 minutes ago, Tnexus said:
4 hours ago, manetteska said:

First cover app, but they dont appear in the issue. First confirmed in the story is HR:A #1 I believe. Storyline of HR #2 seems to imply they'll be involved in that issue though. Both release the same day. Markets will decide if that HR #1 variant counts. My personal guess is no since it's concept art and not story art, but (shrug).

True, but then you have things like previews garnering attention as well as Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print, etc.

1 hour ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

As concerns your copies of SWHP 1, that, shall one say, stinks if you were hoping that they would achieve a CGC 9.8 grade.

True, but Im hoping a press won't leave a terrible final grade - but just curious what my variants and the limited 600 will be when they arrive lol

On 1/19/2021 at 8:44 AM, sonicyouth1 said:

kotor 1st appearances are quite popular. The half page panel Malak appears in Star Wars Tales#23 with Revan seems to be another favorite 1st appearance of most Star Wars fans. He clearly appears on the panel in a very sweet 1/2 page spread. Very cool art as well.  I’d definitely keep an eye out on that one. 

Out of all the legends and eu material seems Exar Kun and Uliq qel Droma are shoe ins for future material. Isn’t exar considered canon now?  

Their first appearances have completely flew under the radar. copies of Star War Tales #1 and Dark Lords of the Sith #6  are still reasonable. The ashcan variant of dark lords #1  just recently broke $20.00. 

Exar kun and uliq are considered the greatest sith lords ever( according to most legends and eu fiction, and now canon). 

The pump and dump key comic site doesn’t mention them much. But it’s funny considering exar kun has already been referenced in film.

According to CBSI, Ulic first app is Tales of the Jedi 1 and Exar is Dark Lords of the Sith. What are you referencing in Tales 1 and Dark Lords 6? 

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

According to CBSI, Ulic first app is Tales of the Jedi 1 and Exar is Dark Lords of the Sith. What are you referencing in Tales 1 and Dark Lords 6? 

Exar Kun is on the cover of Dark Lords of the Sith 1; he even gets the scars on his face in that issue.

23 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I love him in Marville. 

Went dollar bin diving a few weeks ago. Tales of the Jedi #2 is his first appearance. The rest are the other scores 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Things are just getting crazy, though. I stopped at a LCS I hadn’t been to before, and no DH Star Wars were anywhere to be found. I asked the guy working the counter if they had any and he said they pulled all the DH books and set them aside for sale online. He mentioned that every random book is blowing up. Can’t say I blame him, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything like that before. 

That may explain why I couldn’t find any DH books at another shop I’ve been to a couple times, albeit briefly both times. 

Edited by awakeintheashes