• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Things are just getting crazy, though. I stopped at a LCS I hadn’t been to before, and no DH Star Wars were anywhere to be found. I asked the guy working the counter if they had any and he said they pulled all the DH books and set them aside for sale online. He mentioned that every random book is blowing up. Can’t say I blame him, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything like that before. 

That may explain why I couldn’t find any DH books at another shop I’ve been to a couple times, albeit briefly both times. 

a local shop by me did the same thing, except moved the DH books from $2 boxes to priced boxes. I didn't check them because someone was looking through them but i did find about 50 more at this other shop in Michigan.

I grabbed everything that was there for $2 each.

25 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

a local shop by me did the same thing, except moved the DH books from $2 boxes to priced boxes. I didn't check them because someone was looking through them but i did find about 50 more at this other shop in Michigan.

I grabbed everything that was there for $2 each.

🤔 show me what ya got. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Things are just getting crazy, though. I stopped at a LCS I hadn’t been to before, and no DH Star Wars were anywhere to be found. I asked the guy working the counter if they had any and he said they pulled all the DH books and set them aside for sale online. He mentioned that every random book is blowing up. Can’t say I blame him, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything like that before. 

That may explain why I couldn’t find any DH books at another shop I’ve been to a couple times, albeit briefly both times. 

Same thing around here. 

I get why stores are doing it, but it makes me wonder why people would keep a store.  For new comic sales? 

Could massively reduce the sq footage w/ just new books and some expensive wall books.  Sell the rest from home. 

Patrick

Anyone else trying to get that order in at Wanted Comix. After the site kept crashingI finally got em!! (issue 2 variant) For those trying to buy them they are also on E-bay for $5 more.
Yea its a store variant, but they got me this time.

:tink:

Edit....All 50 copies gone on E-bay, but be patient they tend to put multiple batches up for sale.

Edited by Rip

1 minute ago, pkveronese said:

Wanted Comix variant is technically first Marchion Ro if he doesn't appear in adventures, right?

For #2? Does he appear in the story of #2? I haven't seen any advanced previews.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:22 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Yeah, that is correct the Treasury came out before MSS16.  

My comic shop is incorrectly listing the Treasury as being a reprint of MSS16:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Special-Edition-Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Treasury-2-VG-FN-5-0-1980/363230762355?hash=item54923d9573:g:jzwAAOSwxatf4khv

2 hours ago, Rip said:

Star Wars fandom says Ro as an appearance in issue 3 of HR Adventures

Curious when the variants will be released of HRA #3 ~

But still there's High Republic #2 and #3, as well as Adventures #1 and #2 - so maybe Ro appears in those even before?

But it'll be interesting to see when Loden Greatstorm and Bell Zettifar appear ~

Edited by Bart Allen

On 1/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, pkveronese said:

Anybody get their High Republics from TFAW in terrible condition? One literally had the cover pulled from the staple.

I sat this issue out but order from TFAW occassionally. Ouch. Just ouch man.