• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Hodl.  An actual appearance on screen will send this to the moon faster than GME (and it'll actually stay there).

i dont dabble in crypto but i understood the reference (HODL). how you feeling about DOGE?

Im seriously considering sending my DV3 into for grading. Im pretty sure its a 9.6. it has two small wrinkles on the back cover near the top staple. 

51 minutes ago, NWOslave said:
59 minutes ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Hodl.  An actual appearance on screen will send this to the moon faster than GME (and it'll actually stay there).

i dont dabble in crypto but i understood the reference (HODL). how you feeling about DOGE?

Im seriously considering sending my DV3 into for grading. Im pretty sure its a 9.6. it has two small wrinkles on the back cover near the top staple. 

$nu the Moon

Can't hurt to get your DV3 pressed and graded. This isn't a 9.8 or bust book.

4 hours ago, NWOslave said:

I own zero DOGE...but some people have done well with it for sure.  I agree with @awakeintheashes - the book is definitely worthy of the grading/pressing costs I think.  I really believe she is a character that will translate very well to live action and with her popularity, I think it's when as opposed to if.  

7 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

The only show she has a chance to show up on is Andor currently. Her place in the timeline makes it extremely unlikely to see her other than perhaps a secret cameo for a long time. I'd say sell.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, NWOslave said:

If you have a Darth Vader #3 are you selling now or still holding onto it? 

Selling money is readily available. Many have forgotten what it was like before Covid money
and staying at home. Take the money and run. This last year isn't the norm its the exception
in alot of ways. 

You can always buy back in later when or if the price dips.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Selling money is readily available. Many have forgotten what it was like before Covid money
and staying at home. Take the money and run. This last year isn't the norm its the exception
in alot of ways. 

This - it's a very unusual (high) year for internet selling. We're doubtful to see this again unless similar global circumstances occur. 

5 hours ago, pkveronese said:
8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

in alot of ways. 

This - it's a very unusual (high) year for internet selling. We're doubtful to see this again unless similar global circumstances occur. 

I agree its going to last till maybe late summer and then it will dry up if covid finally lets up and we can resume conventions.

But, since so many shops have gone under I will put in a caveat to say that I think sales will be higher online even next year then in 
past normal years. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree its going to last till maybe late summer and then it will dry up if covid finally lets up and we can resume conventions.

But, since so many shops have gone under I will put in a caveat to say that I think sales will be higher online even next year then in 
past normal years. 

100% agree. A lot of people who in the past did most of their commerce in person, finally realize the ease and efficiency of transacting online because they’ve been forced to the past year.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:45 PM, Tnexus said:

The only show she has a chance to show up on is Andor currently. Her place in the timeline makes it extremely unlikely to see her other than perhaps a secret cameo for a long time. I'd say sell.

She could show up on the Mandalorian. There are plenty of attractive older women that could play her to be age appropriate by that time. 

On 2/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, AJsLongboxComics said:

I own zero DOGE...but some people have done well with it for sure.  I agree with @awakeintheashes - the book is definitely worthy of the grading/pressing costs I think.  I really believe she is a character that will translate very well to live action and with her popularity, I think it's when as opposed to if.  

Funny I just had a conversation with my son last night as he continues to buy older video units with large video cards in them. He modifies the frames and adds stronger Power supplies and uses them to mine etherum.  He is now paying his electric bill with them and pocketing a few $100 a month. While he is still on the look out for more units. 

Edited by fastballspecial

Somewhat related to that, if anyone has been seeing the craziness with NBA Top Shot, the app Quidd has a bunch of Marvel, Valiant, Star Trek and other digital items or NFTs (non fungible tokens), which can sell for decent money. The app has been around for about 5 years, but it just made the switch to crypto/NFT. Topps has been doing a similar thing with Star Wars and you can buy and sell the digital items on eBay, but Topps can pull the plug whenever they want and you might lose your collection. With Quidd, you actually own the NFT.  

New users can still get in on the action by pulling lows or new rares, so yeah, just a heads up if anyone wants to get in on that action. below are a couple Marvel sales. The $1K isn’t mine, unfortunately, but the $200 captain marvel is.

416AC49A-18B0-4428-916C-0E2352E0FE64.jpeg.6bf5b41e31416d6b2a5cac48666289e5.jpegDD545C65-E799-4B6C-80C6-206230277EE4.jpeg.5e9185a779f60f4ce253cf0dcdfa66fd.jpeg

Edited by awakeintheashes