• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

The one thing I have always thought childish and simplistic was how the fall of the Jedi was portrayed in the prequel. Hopefully the Acolyte takes a more complex approach, as it would be in reality.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:03 AM, kimik said:

The one thing I have always thought childish and simplistic was how the fall of the Jedi was portrayed in the prequel. Hopefully the Acolyte takes a more complex approach, as it would be in reality.

With the amount of death and destruction going on in the novels, it's easy to see how tempted many may have been to turn to the dark side. But, also there has to be a lot of Jedi dealing with PTSD and others just turning away from the order because of the more rigid nature. It's complex, and like you, I hope the Acolyte dives into that. 

On 10/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Knowing what happens to some of those characters and Starlight Beacon, I hope the little kids don’t look into their future adventures. 

The Star Wars Universe takes place a long time ago. By now, they're all dead.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:18 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Star Wars Universe takes place a long time ago. By now, they're all dead.

It was a joke, but my other point is that the way they perished is much different than dying of old age. Especially,

Spoiler

Loden

A lot of torture before being set free only to perish in a terrible manner.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Interesting to see HR 2 jumping on Key Collector. That is the 1st Rwoh cameo/appearance. I would love to see it become recognized as the 1st app to have as I did a much bigger bulk on issue #2 than issue #5.........

On 3/19/2024 at 5:18 PM, kimik said:

Interesting to see HR 2 jumping on Key Collector. That is the 1st Rwoh cameo/appearance. I would love to see it become recognized as the 1st app to have as I did a much bigger bulk on issue #2 than issue #5.........

I'm still seeing HR #5 on their lists, did they finally recognize #2? HR #2 should be the one to get, but who knows what the thinking is at this point.

With the fact CGC will be grading manga shortly, seems an interesting one to keep in mind ...

Big Gangan #6 2022:

• 1st ppearance of The Mandalorian (Din Djarin), Dan G’vash, Tajin Crosser and The Elder in manga/comics. 1st cameo appearance of Grogu.
  • Kamome Shirahama story and art.
  • Shirahama cover.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.31a0cf56c05e07345f882dccca37ba50.jpg

Edited by Bart Allen