• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, I like pie said:

Heir to the Empire #1. Anyone know how common this printer scuff/color rub is?

Fullscreen capture 1232021 75645 AM.bmp.jpg

I’ve seen several hundred copies over the years pass through Todd’s warehouse in Elwood city and it’s  uncommon. Maybe 5 out of 100 copies had that much color rub. Of course my sample is anecdotal.

Awesome thread guys. 

So, on to spec news.. LEGO summer 2021 set list names with preliminary images have just been revealed and we have a “Mandalore set on throne”  being released. The minifigure appears to be Mandalore the Indomitable/Ultimate. It makes sense to think Disney is up to something here which gives rise to SW:TotJ Sith war #1 and especially #6 receiving some more attention. 

#1 is the first appearance of Mandalore the Indomitable.

#6 is the first appearance of Mandalore the Ultimate.

Cheap copies are drying up. #1 can still be won in auction for less than $10. The LEGO minifigure appears to be the same Mandalore in the cover art. 

many thanks everyone for keeping me informed on these insanely hot Star Wars keys!

34 minutes ago, sonicyouth1 said:

I’ve seen several hundred copies over the years pass through Todd’s warehouse in Elwood city and it’s  uncommon. Maybe 5 out of 100 copies had that much color rub. Of course my sample is anecdotal.

Awesome thread guys. 

So, on to spec news.. LEGO summer 2021 set list names with preliminary images have just been revealed and we have a “Mandalore set on throne”  being released. The minifigure appears to be Mandalore the Indomitable/Ultimate. It makes sense to think Disney is up to something here which gives rise to SW:TotJ Sith war #1 and especially #6 receiving some more attention. 

Cheap copies are drying up. #1 can still be won in auction for less than $10. The LEGO minifigure appears to be the same Mandalore in the cover art. 

many thanks everyone for keeping me informed on these insanely hot Star Wars keys!

I think that Mandalore Lego set will be an Ahsoka vs Darth Maul set based on Season 7 of Clone Wars.

image.thumb.jpg.b401ff2060ec7ba689762fb047802adf.jpgCan Can anyone give me an idea what these are, and if they are worth anything?  I think they are promo items but the only ones I see seem to be signed.  They are 8x10, and say both Star Wars and Topps Authentic on the front  and have a product code on the back.

Pictures to follow in a moment

image.thumb.jpg.f16906f4d86d71643f16326d9d10150d.jpg

Edited by shadroch

I would suspect that like all promo items, there is a market for it. I doubt that they are "valuable" from a comic collecting standpoint. I would put a price tag of half what the signed ones go for and sell from there.

My philosophy when I find things like this in collections and the market creates a demand not there before (star wars/clone wars/Ashoka) is not to try and get the highest price available, but anything I get is more than I initially expected

Furthermore if I have multiples. If it sells immediately at the price set, increase it by a percentage etc

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

image.thumb.jpg.b401ff2060ec7ba689762fb047802adf.jpgCan Can anyone give me an idea what these are, and if they are worth anything?  I think they are promo items but the only ones I see seem to be signed.  They are 8x10, and say both Star Wars and Topps Authentic on the front  and have a product code on the back.

Pictures to follow in a moment

image.thumb.jpg.f16906f4d86d71643f16326d9d10150d.jpg

I don't think these are promos. I believe they were sold through Topps' online store for a limited time, and Topps' tried hard to make them work. It looks like there were 3 series of these. The Topps' Star Wars Card Trader app was even marketing these for a little bit. I'm not sure if they were discontinued because of sales or because of COVID.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2020-topps-star-wars-authentics-autographs-8x10

https://www.jedinews.com/collecting/articles/star-wars-authentics-by-topps-closes/

The sales prices vary and really depend on character. Stuff with Ahsoka, Maul, Slave Leia, Boba Fett will likely sell higher than other characters (even main characters like Luke and Han Solo).

Hope that helps.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-kotor-remake-rumored-204231636.html

Key issues would be 9, 31, 42, 14, and 22. Though if Disney retcons or vastly changes Revans origins, 42 might become worthless. So that's a tricky issue to decide if it's worth spending the money on.

Edit: Also Tales 23 and 24.

Edited by Tnexus

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-kotor-remake-rumored-204231636.html

Key issues would be 9, 31, 42, 14, and 22. Though if Disney retcons or vastly changes Revans origins, 42 might become worthless. So that's a tricky issue to decide if it's worth spending the money on.

Edit: Also Tales 23 and 24.

gonna be interesting on the prices on the whole series if the game gets fully confirmed I could also see some comic characters appear like zayne carrick but I doubt that   

6 hours ago, silversurfer275 said:

gonna be interesting on the prices on the whole series if the game gets fully confirmed I could also see some comic characters appear like zayne carrick but I doubt that   

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to see some cameos. They really need John Jackson Miller to be penning some more KOTOR stories. My theory is Disney wants to do something to tell the Mandalorian Wars story and they'll use KOTOR to tell part of it. With how popular and how much Filoni has integrated the Mandalorians into Star Wars, it seems like a no brainer.

Edit: Okay, crazy theory here. JJM just announced he finished a new book this evening. He also announced the 15th anniversary of the KOTOR series with a new omnibus, and just did a KOTOR AMA a week ago. He's already written a book for Filoni's universe. So maybe we're getting another canon JJM Star Wars book? Hopefully in The Old Republic era? (AMA confirms he has nothing to do with High Republic.)

Edited by Tnexus

On 1/24/2021 at 10:46 PM, sonicyouth1 said:

Where did you get this from? The only set I'm seeing mentioned Mandalore has to do with a Clone Wars scene between Darth Maul and Ahsoka.

75310 - Mandalore Throne & Vault

Price: $20

Minifigures: Maul, Ahsoka Tano

Following in the footsteps of the Duels on Starkiller Base and Mustafar, respectively, the Duel on Mandalore will finally be coming to LEGO. A now iconic battle between Maul and Ahsoka Tano during the Siege of Mandalore in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, this set was highly desired among the LEGO Star Wars fandom. A new minifigure depicting Maul's mechanical legs will be among the set's offerings, and following his defeat he can be placed within the LEGO-ized Vault that the antagonist was stored in for his return to the Republic.

20 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

For anyone speculating on SW it's important to watch the shows at the very least...

Granted the same could be said about reading the comics. *cough* ridiculous Legacy #1 spec *cough*

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

Granted the same could be said about reading the comics. *cough* ridiculous Legacy #1 spec *cough*

Sorry if I missed something, but what’s the issue with Legacy #1? That book has been hot for a long time, hasn’t it?

Edited by awakeintheashes

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sorry if I missed something, but what’s the issue with Legacy #1? That book has been hot for a long time, hasn’t it?

No, it was flat at the beginning of 2020. I think what really pushed it over to the ridiculous territory is the 3rd print "rarity" BS that the pumpers were pushing. (Ignoring the fact the 4th print had zero or near zero recorded sales in 6 years on Ebay.) Earlier today I'm seeing people on Facebook trying to get $1500 for a 1st print 9.8. The book is about a decendent of Luke Skywalker who's a bad boy Skywalker. Theres a few Darths in it that if i recall he kills. That's it. That's the spec. Disney basically killed any chance this timeline might see the light of day with 7-9. Sure Disney could re-timeline the Darths, but why? The comic was a decent, but not great seller.

Meanwhile Prince Xizor from the Shadows of the Empire book had a freaking video game with full on dedicated toy line, trading cards and 2 comic series' and it's a $30 comic.

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

No, it was flat at the beginning of 2020. I think what really pushed it over to the ridiculous territory is the 3rd print "rarity" BS that the pumpers were pushing. (Ignoring the fact the 4th print had zero or near zero recorded sales in 6 years on Ebay.) Earlier today I'm seeing people on Facebook trying to get $1500 for a 1st print 9.8. The book is about a decendent of Luke Skywalker who's a bad boy Skywalker. Theres a few Darths in it that if i recall he kills. That's it. That's the spec. Disney basically killed any chance this timeline might see the light of day with 7-9. Sure Disney could re-timeline the Darths, but why? The comic was a decent, but not great seller.

Meanwhile Prince Xizor from the Shadows of the Empire book had a freaking video game with full on dedicated toy line, trading cards and 2 comic series' and it's a $30 comic.

I would just like to point out that Shadows of the Empire was an AMAZING video game for its time. Loved most of the characters in that game.

6 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I have never understood why the Xizor first comic appearance doesn't go for more, but all these speculation characters are selling high.