• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I respect that they are trying with all of these lists but there are quite a few errors that should be cross checked before posting certain books as first appearances. 

Thank you for the Cal Kestis information.  CBSI speculates that the Yoda book could be the first appearance of Cal Kestis unconfirmed.

The thing that bothered me the most about the Agree to Disagree video was that they never showed the second page. It was clearly intentional IMHO.  CBSI could've and should've showed that second page but it was purposely not shown.  Possible underlying motives?

13 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

It’s not him. 

Anybody who says it is is wrong. That Cal died in that Yoda book, has different color hair, eyes and a different master...just to name a few. Also, I think the events that lead to that Cal’s death were referenced in a Clone Wars episode, which would make said events canon.

There are a number of persons named Cal in SW legends. And more than one in Canon. (See below). Anybody buying that book thinking it’s the first Cal Kestis is fooling themselves thinking it’s the first Cal Kestis. They simply bought the first appearance of another SW character named Cal.

The first acknowledgement Cal Kestis’ existence in a comic was in SW Jedi Fallen Order Dark Temple #5. He has yet to appear in a comic. 

DA909FFB-F9C8-4A4E-A3C6-6ECE7D126F7A.thumb.png.d4c23cc07c911f16ff48adcf9621f914.png

And just like that, I can't find a Jedi Order Dark Temple #5 other than a VG/F one on Ebay

10 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

It's just an acknowledgement.  The masses saved you some money :baiting:.  Wait for the actual first appearance (thumbsu

I still want it. I'm guessing it's going to be a while before we see him. At least it saved me money on a Yoda one-shot!

19 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

And just like that, I can't find a Jedi Order Dark Temple #5 other than a VG/F one on Ebay. 

Lol sorry. That was not my intention. As @Catwomancomicssaid, wait until the first appearance. It’ll come before too long. 

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Thanks. I have not read any of these so when I saw #9 prices and listings I assumed the hot first appearance was the cover guy. Now knowing it’s actually fully-cloaked-the-whole-time guy... I don’t feel bad missing that issue. 

We don’t see his face because in the game you could make any face you wanted and he never had an official face untill 2011 and the writer I feel like didn’t want to make a design to get people angry so that’s why he choose the robe only and at the time he didn’t have the helmet yet because he never found it

Edited by silversurfer275

13 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

We don’t see his face because in the game you could make any face you wanted and he never had an official face untill 2011 and the writer I feel like didn’t want to make a design to get people angry so that’s why he choose the robe only and at the time he didn’t have the helmet yet because he never found it

And where is this official face shown?

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I respect that they are trying with all of these lists, but there are quite a few errors that should be cross checked before posting certain books as first appearances. 

Yes. I believe they are wrong on Jango Fett on that list also.

21 minutes ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Yes. I believe they are wrong on Jango Fett on that list also.

yeah mace windu is also wrong they say that revenge of the sith 3 is his 1st which makes no sense at all since he was in a ton of comics before his 1st is phantom menace 3 I believe 

2 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

yeah mace windu is also wrong they say that revenge of the sith 3 is his 1st which makes no sense at all since he was in a ton of comics before his 1st is phantom menace 3 I believe 

It’s Phantom Menace 3.  They got the wrong series but correct issue number.

Jango Fett should be that graphic novel story from January 2001

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I respect that they are trying with all of these lists, but there are quite a few errors that should be cross checked before posting certain books as first appearances. 

This 1000%. There are in fact NUMEROUS errors on the list I suspect will come back to haunt some investors.