• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Star Wars Insider 199 continues to do well, waiting to see the results for the graded copies.  

Going to be very very tough to find 9.4 or better copies. I would guess if a 9.6 (or if a 9.8 exists?) pops up it would get something that would shock people. The vast majority of the copies I've seen are in the VF to VF/NM range.

It will be interesting to see what these Advance copies go for in the future as well. Final price for this dinged copy. $250.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-Adventures-1-Uncorrected-Advance-Copy-NotforResale/274632798751?hash=item3ff163f21f:g:Cd4AAOSwyo5f7zX8

Edited by Rip

Not sure how people find final prices on E-bay now. But, here's the trick I use.
Go to the original listing.
View Source
Find "taxExclusivePrice"
And the final price will be right next to it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 4.09.25 PM.png

Edited by Rip

3 hours ago, Rip said:

Not sure how people find final prices on E-bay now. But, here's the trick I use.
Go to the original listing.
View Source
Find "taxExclusivePrice"
And the final price will be right next to it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 4.09.25 PM.png

This might be easier. https://130point.com/sales/

On 12/28/2020 at 11:38 PM, littledoom said:
On 12/28/2020 at 4:08 PM, manetteska said:

It seems like every week (or every-other day) a "new" first appearance is discovered and bye-bye $5 book. That's why I bought as much as I could for $1 each; little risk, high reward.

Whoever is doing that practice is a smart savvy buyer. It’s a somewhat new market and folks are buying early. It’s better to buy than wish you did.. even if a $40 book doesn’t become $80.. you could probably still sell your $40 for $40 

Like this recent auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233837541357

No keys really in there at all but sold for $28 per. I picked up 8 of those 10 for $1. Now to see if I have the other two lying around somewhere...

I just don't get why first appearances of characters who MIGHT appear at some point (and aren't known by the majority of casual fans) are worth so much more than the firsts of established characters who have already appeared in numerous films/shows and are already immensely popular. Jango and Maul immediately come to mind. 

22 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I just don't get why first appearances of characters who MIGHT appear at some point (and aren't known by the majority of casual fans) are worth so much more than the firsts of established characters who have already appeared in numerous films/shows and are already immensely popular. Jango and Maul immediately come to mind. 

I mean I honestly think jango is overpriced because well hes dead and they cant bring him back but I could see a spin off show for sure I just dont see it coming and maul has jumped from like 50 dollars to 150 raw

1 minute ago, silversurfer275 said:

I mean I honestly think jango is overpriced because well hes dead and they cant bring him back but I could see a spin off show for sure I just dont see it coming and maul has jumped from like 50 dollars to 150 raw

Jango can't be brought back in things that take place after the prequels but he's wide open for everything beforehand. Maul is $100 book while Darth Bane is $200+ and Darth Malak is $400+. Hell Darth Vader is less than those!

4 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Jango can't be brought back in things that take place after the prequels but he's wide open for everything beforehand. Maul is $100 book while Darth Bane is $200+ and Darth Malak is $400+. Hell Darth Vader is less than those!

malak is in a cameo with revan and bastila shan and goes for around 200 and his 1st full debatable is like 60 and like I said maul is around 150+ and jango is like 70 I think that revan bane and maul are way more popular than someone like jango and yeah he could come in something but I doubt he will.

Edited by silversurfer275

1 minute ago, silversurfer275 said:

malak is in a cameo with revan and bastila shan and goes for around 200 and his 1st full debatable is like 60 and like I said maul is around 150+ and jango is like 70 I think that revan bane and maul are way more popular than someone like jango and yeah he could come in something but I doubt he will.

I'll just respectfully disagree and stop responding as we could go in circles forever.