Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
9 9

697 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Last comment on this very specific situation, but to further show Graham Cracker's "service", they liked a post by a random stating "Sometimes losing a customer is a total win".

Again, without ever contacting me directly, or speaking with me about my particular issue. They just keep reiterating that they don't have a record of my subscription in their physical sheets, which I agree with, but that is not my story.

Was going to give them the benefit as they are close and I've had a pull list there for 8+ years but now forget them.

Plenty of other great spots in greater Chicagoland, for sure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

One local store had a lot of shelf copies of the standard version of High Republic #1, considering they’ve already announced a third print.

Happy to support that store if you want to pick me up a copy. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

One local store had a lot of shelf copies of the standard version of High Republic #1, considering they’ve already announced a third print.

That 2nd print cover is a nice use of interior art too,  it should have been a cover image.  Already a couple sales of it at 20.

 

Any idea what the 3rd print cover is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Last comment on this very specific situation, but to further show Graham Cracker's "service", they liked a post by a random stating "Sometimes losing a customer is a total win".

Again, without ever contacting me directly, or speaking with me about my particular issue. They just keep reiterating that they don't have a record of my subscription in their physical sheets, which I agree with, but that is not my story.

Was going to give them the benefit as they are close and I've had a pull list there for 8+ years but now forget them.

you're starting to get a reputation with  the local comic book stores

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

you're starting to get a reputation with  the local comic book stores

I’m a bad boy who expects people/businesses to stick to their word and prices. I’m finding comics was a bad choice of hobby in that regard. 

Kind of expect shenanigans with one-off sellers and choosing money over integrity but not established businesses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I’m a bad boy who expects people/businesses to stick to their word and prices. I’m finding comics was a bad choice of hobby in that regard. 

Kind of expect shenanigans with one-off sellers and choosing money over integrity but not established businesses. 

I told Big Al to get himself a copy at a local shop out south. He said the shop had raised the prices to $20 and $30 each

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these worth keeping now that they are in this range (yes, these are high sales) given that I bought the sets for $10 a piece a month ago ... I don't know star wars books, i figured at $2 a pop they were a no lose proposition as my teenager likes star wars comics (especially the dark horse stuff) ... does anyone know if any of them may touch on any of the 15,000 projects they have in the works?: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Tales-Of-The-Jedi-The-Fall-Of-The-Sith-Empire-1-5-Set-MINT-Dark-Horse/264983230687?hash=item3db23b38df:g:MTsAAOSwE8dfp2fH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Tales-Of-The-Jedi-Dark-Lords-Of-The-Sith-1-6-Complete-Set-Dark-Horse/174575166993?hash=item28a57da611:g:uQ0AAOSw4aZf6iNk

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I told Big Al to get himself a copy at a local shop out south. He said the shop had raised the prices to $20 and $30 each

Amazing Fantasy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm selling all my remaining star warsbooks this week on ebay. Who knows if I'm selling them too cheap. But they've sat in boxes for months and this is the best time to move them.

I believe in selling and not holding. I have way too many books to hold

Makes sense. What is the chance these are one day $100 sets? I should be happy they seem to have gone up 300-450% in a month.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, the blob said:

I should be happy they seem to have gone up 300-450% in a month.

 

THIS

I had some incomplete sets and luckily found a star wars 10 in the box. that's getting graded, everything else blown out

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

One local store had a lot of shelf copies of the standard version of High Republic #1, considering they’ve already announced a third print.

When was a third print announced? I don’t see it yet on Previews site.  Thx 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the blob said:

Are these worth keeping now that they are in this range (yes, these are high sales) given that I bought the sets for $10 a piece a month ago ... I don't know star wars books, i figured at $2 a pop they were a no lose proposition as my teenager likes star wars comics (especially the dark horse stuff) ... does anyone know if any of them may touch on any of the 15,000 projects they have in the works?: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Tales-Of-The-Jedi-The-Fall-Of-The-Sith-Empire-1-5-Set-MINT-Dark-Horse/264983230687?hash=item3db23b38df:g:MTsAAOSwE8dfp2fH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Tales-Of-The-Jedi-Dark-Lords-Of-The-Sith-1-6-Complete-Set-Dark-Horse/174575166993?hash=item28a57da611:g:uQ0AAOSw4aZf6iNk

 

I’d sell now. In order for these to really blow up Disney would have to start exploring some Old Republic stuff, which it doesn’t sound like it has any plans for at the moment. You’d probably have to sit on these for a few years for any additional appreciation.

I don’t think they will sink down to $1 bin fodder again, but now is a good time to sell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 6:08 PM, pkveronese said:

Oh man do i need to buy HA Adventures too?

 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, carter3175 said:

Maybe I will grab a couple.  I will just load up on the Sway variant.

Look at some of the prices for that variant now - more so the current auction prices despite ending in six-days time lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, Bart Allen said:

 

Given that - clearly speaking, mind you - the IDW won't be selling as much as the Marvel issues, it should be very intriguing to see where this 1:10 ends up in the future lol

STL176424.jpg

Is it me, or does this cover kind of rock ?

Edited by pkveronese
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm selling all my remaining star warsbooks this week on ebay. Who knows if I'm selling them too cheap. But they've sat in boxes for months and this is the best time to move them.

+1   

As soon as my temp job is finished I am cashing out too. Saving a handful and the rest go up for sale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
9 9