• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

But what are these Star Wars insider magazines?  Are they showing the design sheet or do they feature the character in a short adventure or something?  Is there an actual story?

57 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

But what are these Star Wars insider magazines?  Are they showing the design sheet or do they feature the character in a short adventure or something?  Is there an actual story?

They are the Star Wars version of Fangoria , a lot of odds and ends about available merchandise , film / series snippets and events - a bit of a star wars catch all and a cool read for a fanboy / girl 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

17 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

They are the Star Wars version of Fangoria , a lot of odds and ends about available merchandise , film / series snippets and events - a bit of a star wars catch all and a cool read for a fanboy / girl 

So, then previews (ads) of upcoming stories/characters?  (shrug)

30 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

11 minutes ago, jcjames said:

So, then previews (ads) of upcoming stories/characters?  (shrug)

I should have clarified as my post was poorly worded.  What are they in terms of presenting the comic character?  Because at that point books that show a house advertisement of an upcoming character should be more desirable than the 1st actual published tale of that character. 

Some issues of Star Wars Insider has story but most do not. Issues have a least 3 versions with newsstand being by far the most common.

Newsstand
Subscriber
PX version

A few examples of some valuable ones right now tend to be 95, 103, 140, 159, 195, 199, Most issues before 95 hold little value.

There's more but these tend to stand out. Some of the PX and Subscriber can be quite tough to track down. UK also has different variations as well.

Edited by Rip

15 minutes ago, Rip said:

A few examples of some valuable ones right now tend to be 95, 103, 140, 159, 195, 199, Most issues before 95 hold little value.

Current low Census figures. They’d be great to signature series. 

7B90A265-868F-4F0C-9D29-D9E3C6E2E968.png

C969EEF3-5CD6-40D7-8829-12B55249A021.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by ThothAmon

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

BTW, how is Star Wars Insider different from Star Wars Galaxy magazine? I sold a bunch of Galaxy magazines last year so I don't have any of either now.

Insider is bigger but insides are basically very close. Galaxy Magazine also has variants like limited signed copies, newsstands and direct. So the limited signed version of issue 5 has a little more demand because of an early Thrawn bio. But overall they carry little value.

18 minutes ago, manetteska said:

There is also Star Wars Rebels Magazine.

If IIRC SW Insider has an "ad" including Sabine but she is in a "story" in Rebels Magazine.

:gossip: Star Wars Rebels 1 from Egmont UK is the one to get. But it never shows up for sale. (Pre dates Kanan 1)

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I should have clarified as my post was poorly worded.  What are they in terms of presenting the comic character?  Because at that point books that show a house advertisement of an upcoming character should be more desirable than the 1st actual published tale of that character. 

But these are not comic book characters.  Most of them debuted in film or animation.  The ones that did appear first in comic book form are legitimate first story/appearances.  (Dr. Aphra, etc..) 

I don't think many people know about a book like Insider 95, which is the first public appearance of Ashoka in any form of media.  With a character that was in animation well before a comic came out rehashing that storyline it seems to not matter if there is a story attached to a preview page or not.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Current low Census figures. They’d be great to signature series. 

7B90A265-868F-4F0C-9D29-D9E3C6E2E968.png

C969EEF3-5CD6-40D7-8829-12B55249A021.jpeg

image.jpg

Low census because nobody ever thought to submit? If I recall correctly these things are like $9.99, so my guess is folks don't toss them

1 hour ago, Rip said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

There is also Star Wars Rebels Magazine.

If IIRC SW Insider has an "ad" including Sabine but she is in a "story" in Rebels Magazine.

:gossip: Star Wars Rebels 1 from Egmont UK is the one to get. But it never shows up for sale. (Pre dates Kanan 1)

Hmmm. Egmont? These are what I have. 

FBBBA1E6-D7B4-48FE-8A4D-84DFF67CE255.thumb.jpeg.3d5fc74b235cce69a5c757688e76baac.jpeg